Tire slime or tube slime for inmotion v5F+?

Planetpapi

15 hours ago, Siggy said:

You may be right about pressure. 

I pump my EUC at a petrol station 5 mins from my house. It's an old air pump, with an old school gauge.

Before slime I'd pump to 45psi

Aftrr sliming the gauge constantly stays on 0. I think it's having trouble reading the psi with slime inside. 

Ive just pumped it - by feel- as full as I can without bursting it. It rides a bit better now but not as smooth as pre slime. 

Pick up your own tire pressure gauge . 

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Gauges/b?ie=UTF8&node=15709131

Even the cheapest one out there is better than trying to figure out PSI by squeezing the tire. 

If it reads zero and you have air in the tire, the gauge is broken.  Slime will not interfere with pressure gauge readings assuming you just inflated the tire and blew the valve open with pressurized air, and closed the valve by releasing the pressure of air.

You should not feel any difference riding a slimed tire with the same PSI

15 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Same . Never noticed any issue al all. You put 4oz in @Siggy that’s enough for a 29” MTB tire ..possibly just a bit too much for the 16” wheel . (?)

I fixed a puncture yesterday on my Msuper... I dumped the whole bottle (237ml) in the innertube... still rides fine...

22 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Same . Never noticed any issue al all. You put 4oz in @Siggy that’s enough for a 29” MTB tire ..possibly just a bit too much for the 16” wheel . (?)

Instructions say 118 per tire for bicycles - so I wonder if I did put too much in for a 16" wheel. 

Is it possible to push the excess back out?

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I put 3 ounces in my 16-inch wheels. I've never noticed any affects.

I think there's not enough space for the higher psi I prefer. The inner tube feels full. But still rides funny

21 hours ago, Pard said:

Pick up your own tire pressure gauge . 

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Gauges/b?ie=UTF8&node=15709131

Even the cheapest one out there is better than trying to figure out PSI by squeezing the tire. 

If it reads zero and you have air in the tire, the gauge is broken.  Slime will not interfere with pressure gauge readings assuming you just inflated the tire and blew the valve open with pressurized air, and closed the valve by releasing the pressure of air.

You should not feel any difference riding a slimed tire with the same PSI

Got a lezyne standing pump coming Sunday! Thanks for the pointer!

7 hours ago, Thinking Monkey said:

I fixed a puncture yesterday on my Msuper... I dumped the whole bottle (237ml) in the innertube... still rides fine...

Maybe it's a silly question but could you still fill it with air? 

Posted about my minor spill today I'm positive this is the main culprit

Just now, Siggy said:

Instructions say 118 per tire for bicycles - so I wonder if I did put too much in for a 16" wheel. 

I think there's not enough space for the higher psi I prefer. The inner tube feels full. But still rides funny

Hmm . It was just a guess that that might be too much . But the slime should evenly distribute itself throughout the wheel with a few rotations . Sure , you could squeeze some out I believe . You’d need to take the tube out , valve core off roll it like a tube of toothpaste. But someone said they put a lot more than 4oz in their tire and had no issues .

1 hour ago, Siggy said:

I'm too lazy to convert, but the recommendation is 3oz for a 16-inch EUC tire. That's what I use. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm too lazy to convert, but the recommendation is 3oz for a 16-inch EUC tire. That's what I use. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I tried to put 3oz per your recommendation, but when I turned the bottle back upright, it was right in the middle:crying:.  So 4oz.  But no problems, however I don't ride more than 12-15 mph.

I probably rushed the process a bit.:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I tried to put 3oz per your recommendation, but when I turned the bottle back upright, it was right in the middle:crying:.  So 4oz.  But no problems, however I don't ride more than 12-15 mph.

I probably rushed the process a bit.:rolleyes:

The key to Slime is to shake it vigorously before insertion and then follow that with tire rotation to spread it inside the tire/tube surface.Too much is akin to wearing two rubbers,it will cost you more but it also provides that extra protection.:D

19 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

The key to Slime is to shake it vigorously

:roflmao:Don't say that on the bottle.

I just now checked it, and shook the bottle with the 4 ounces that are still in there, and found out how thin this stuff is.:huh:  There has to be something better.

It's almost like having a double thick inner tube.

So I get that you need the right amount, and that after filling you need to spin the wheel to distribute it.

But if my wheel then stands for a while (especially for someone like Marty who has a wheel for every day of the month), does the slime run down and pool at the bottom of the wheel?

It seems to me that if it does there would be a significant unbalanced feel to the wheel...

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I get that you need the right amount, and that after filling you need to spin the wheel to distribute it.

But if my wheel then stands for a while (especially for someone like Marty who has a wheel for every day of the month), does the slime run down and pool at the bottom of the wheel?

It seems to me that if it does there would be a significant unbalanced feel to the wheel...

Yes, it pools to the bottom if the wheel is not spinning but there should be no feeling of imbalance when moving again because it spreads out quickly.

I prefer this product to Slime. http://www.ride-on.com/bike-on-bicycle-formula.html

It seals and balances the wheel at the same time.  The substance is thicker and does not settle every time the wheel stops spinning.  

The balancing aspect of this material is only really appreciated at high speeds.  Great in motorcycle tires as well.  Like slime it has a different formula for each specific wheel application.

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

For Slime to work it has to remain a liquid in the tire. So yes, when you are stopped it settles at the bottom. But as soon as you start moving it get distributed along the tire. I have Slime in all my wheels, including 8 ounces in the Monster. I've never noticed anything. Zippo. I think people over-think this too much instead of just accepting the fact that it works.

If Slime was an unbalancing product I don't think the company would exist for long.

Also for UK EUC'ers you can get cheap inner tubes from Halfords

grabbed one for £3. Keep in mind they will be the standard straight valve - not bent valve type.

Had no problems attaching and riding with my V8. Its as good as new

On 3/9/2018 at 1:01 AM, Marty Backe said:

For Slime to work it has to remain a liquid in the tire. So yes, when you are stopped it settles at the bottom. But as soon as you start moving it get distributed along the tire. I have Slime in all my wheels, including 8 ounces in the Monster. I've never noticed anything. Zippo. I think people over-think this too much instead of just accepting the fact that it works.

If Slime was an unbalancing product I don't think the company would exist for long.

@Marty Backe hey could you post link for the valve removal tool you used in your video please

40 minutes ago, andrewnyer said:

@Marty Backe hey could you post link for the valve removal tool you used in your video please

Look in the YouTube description in any of my latest videos. You'll find categorized links to all the items that I use.

Archived