QUICK i think i blew a mosfet ._.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

No idea. It just arrived a few minutes ago. Has anyone not unboxed a wheel that just arrived?

39983324054_c332be199b_b.jpg

:clap3:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:clap3:

My First Impression! Nice clean lines. Solidly boxed. ;)

Edited by Rehab1

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Looks like you got number 12 out of a shipment of 40.image.thumb.png.4f057bfc2702f8cb5a46826d707a6ed1.png

Your right. Hopefully #12 is a lucky number!:wacko:

i keep getting taunted by riding eucs... While my tesla still not working

and guess what. I heard in tv today they were interviewing people who use "alternative transport sulutions"

and i saw a mini pro some other weird bike foldable electric designs.. And an airwheel...

and its the first time anything like that was mentioned..

coincidence :huh::D

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My First Impression! Nice clean lines. Solidly boxed. ;)

you will love it!. But watch out the smooth accelerations are deceiving you dont even notice and youre already at 40kph!

one guy who had kingsong wheels in a group ride said the tesla felt stiff and like it "didnt want to accelerate"

i tried his wheel and i could like feel the speed ramping up on his ks16s and his ks18

and when he said it felt like it didnt want to accelerate. He was up hitting over 30 kph in a split second..

its good the accelerations are so smooth. But can they be too smooth?. I think you just have to learn what speed youre going instead of "by feel" 

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2018 at 9:08 AM, Scott Henley said:

Nope . No clue . Looks good though. ?

i know a few guys with 3000+k on their KS wheels that have never so much as needed to change a tube ....just saying . ?

Im at 3500km on my Tesla (rev 1.2 with more light modes) and still havent changed a tube either :D

But the internal design is horrible.

- Cable routing? Huh, did we miss that in class?

- Cable minimum bend radius? Oh is there such a thing (i.e. motor cable going into the wheel)

- thins solid single strand wires for the hall sensors (must be since its the only wires except motor power going to the motor), come on those will vibrate to pieces, its just a matter of time. Winter plan is to replace them on the part where they "hang in the air" or st least find a good way to fixate them and protect them.

- motor cable quick connectors just protected by a SLIDING silicone tube, NOT LOCKED in place. W.T.F. GOTWAY (when i saw that now as i was checking my battery packs I was like :furious:)

- Glue-fets (ala Nikola) - ouch

- 84V charger - capacitors gets too hot to touch (measured 63°C with an air probe, so likely around 75-80 surface temp. I am modding mine as we speak to keep things chill. Shouldnt need to do that but its for the safety of me and my home.

But still, my wheel has worked awesome so far (knock on wood) with a few crashes up to around 35-40 km/h and even extreme uphill (was on a MTB course yesterday and app showed a short peak 120A during the climb, not for long, maybe 20-30 seconds of steep climb to the point it was going very slow) and I must admit i feared a bit for the mosfets but after seing martybackes torture hill ride for ?10-20minutes? it felt better, but such extreme climbs is something i will not do on a daily basis (if ever again)

Braking hard i do every day though and has never been a problem (even though I only weigh 95kg and max is 120kg for the tesla if im right?)

If they spent as much time on internals as they do making them fast, high powered and shiny we would have a winner in my book. I don't care about looks, wheel will be scuffed anyway, but gimme a solid power train and chassis and im happy. As someone else said, id happy pay a 50% premium to have quality from start to finish.

How much could a smartly laid out cable management and solid electronics cost? Certainly not more than 50% extra as batteries and motor are the expensive parts (and those seem to work fine from what i have seen)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1