QUICK i think i blew a mosfet ._.

Just now, KingSong69 said:

@Shad0z

Just one thought: Would you please check if any of the Motor connectors or another part of the cable/wires Looks damaged???

This mosfet Looks so heavily damaged, like something melted onto the top....i remember from my Tesla that the Motor connectors where laying -very stupid- over the board...

So perhaps something else and not the mosfet itself is the cuplrit of the damage....

nope everything was fine, but the mosfet.. ehh looks like it was just shipped from a coal mine...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Gotway needs to find better mosfets!

its not like it should be hard or expensive to use better mosfets..

theyre dirt cheap and many variants

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice. I just order a Tesla  from Jason thinking I would be safe!  I will probably return it now and wait for the Z One. 

listen to all the other people who have it martys is fine.

mine was probably because i braked

too hard and i didn't think braking could do anything with mosfets :huh:

but i was wrong.

to be honest i dont really remember if it was my fault of leaning hard or if i just leaned slightly.

but i wouldn't blame it on the tesla

drive slower no hard accelerations or brakes. Then it should be one of the safest things you can get. Nine or doesn't have a good history with mosfets either 

you could be waiting for nothing :mellow:

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

too hard and i didn't think braking could do anything with mosfets :huh:

but i was wrong.

I am just tired of hearing about blow mosfets especially when there are higher quality components available. This may sound outrageous  but I would gladly spend an extra $3000 on a wheel to be safe instead of going through another $30k surgery.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

You are kidding, or? Safe in what terms?

I know without any problems about 5-6 of such "out of the blue" failures.....

Come on, man! You dont have to find a excuse for Gotway....their reputation quality wise is garbage anyway.

First it was "out of nowwhere" riding into the blue, then it was "perhaps sligtly" breaking, now it was breaking to hard???

And whom not to blame when not the Tesla? Is braking not allowed anymore on a Gotway?

Downplaying such accidents does not help the EUC Community, the opposite is truth.

When nobody kicks into GW's ass...they will never improve with their 3rd party PCB.

And to all others: No, iam not just a KS Fanboy, at the moment i have a Monster and ACm myself and owned the Tesla before! I really would LOVE to have a safe, reliable wheel....

The performance of the Tesla is kick-ass, but what does this help, when the chances of a defect board are driving alltime with me?

I guess i really will start to recommend to newbies to take all but NOT a Gotway! Here in the forum, where us freaks are and know about the risks, its ok to drive a performance dangerous wheel like that(while the truth is that this is also NOT Ok)...but not for a newbie who is barely knowing the technique and just raises eyebrows when hearing of a MOSwhat?!!!

Really: GW quality sucks! When i received my Tesla, i opened it up. The capacitors where bent over 90degree away from the board, i would guess drawing on a wire when installing batterys has done that. My motor connectors where lying over the board/Moswhats...when the shrinktube would have just sligtly melted that would have mean catastrophic electric short. On the "v3" version now they introduced air vents in the shell. Good luck to former owners. "v2"? Aaah V2 have been the new sidepads which dont cut through the motor wire anymore:-) Good luck to former owners, but sorry, i-i mean Gotway- repeat myself.

In the early we have people had shorts, then mystery falls out of the blue with the wheel still working after,then some typical mosfets burns.....The Version iterations and and and...

I really dont get it anymore!!! Aaah wait the fun begins again now: First MCM5 are in beta-test now, whats next????

Sorry,grumpy  rant over :-)

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END or so it would seem after reading this rant

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

You are kidding, or? Safe in what terms?

I know without any problems about 5-6 of such "out of the blue" failures.....

Come on, man! You dont have to find a excuse for Gotway....their reputation quality wise is garbage anyway.

First it was "out of nowwhere" riding into the blue, then it was "perhaps sligtly" breaking, now it was breaking to hard???

And whom not to blame when not the Tesla? Is braking not allowed anymore on a Gotway?

Downplaying such accidents does not help the EUC Community, the opposite is truth.

When nobody kicks into GW's ass...they will never improve with their 3rd party PCB.

And to all others: No, iam not just a KS Fanboy, at the moment i have a Monster and ACm myself and owned the Tesla before! I really would LOVE to have a safe, reliable wheel....

The performance of the Tesla is kick-ass, but what does this help, when the chances of a defect board are driving alltime with me?

I guess i really will start to recommend to newbies to take all but NOT a Gotway! Here in the forum, where us freaks are and know about the risks, its ok to drive a performance dangerous wheel like that(while the truth is that this is also NOT Ok)...but not for a newbie who is barely knowing the technique and just raises eyebrows when hearing of a MOSwhat?!!!

Really: GW quality sucks! When i received my Tesla, i opened it up. The capacitors where bent over 90degree away from the board, i would guess drawing on a wire when installing batterys has done that. My motor connectors where lying over the board/Moswhats...when the shrinktube would have just sligtly melted that would have mean catastrophic electric short. On the "v3" version now they introduced air vents in the shell. Good luck to former owners. "v2"? Aaah V2 have been the new sidepads which dont cut through the motor wire anymore:-) Good luck to former owners, but sorry, i-i mean Gotway- repeat myself.

In the early we have people had shorts, then mystery falls out of the blue with the wheel still working after,then some typical mosfets burns.....The Version iterations and and and...

I really dont get it anymore!!! Aaah wait the fun begins again now: First MCM5 are in beta-test now, whats next????

Sorry,grumpy  rant over :-)

so what happened actually:

i was riding around cold weather just got on it.  then i braked hard but not like full lean from 0-10 of braking force where 10 is shooting yourself backward as hard as possible. it was around 5 harder than normal but not really that much. and it fell to the ground..

wtf gotway? <_<  maybe i braked a little hard but i mean for a mosfet to fail at this level.. unacceptable.. :furious:

i agree with your rant and at one point not gotway QC needs to improve. a few components need and upgrade in quality. and then we would be there

but if youre taking risk and you do get a good board (no way to know before too late) and dont ride to max speed then youre *safe* 

it reminds me of quantum physichs..   there is no way to know where something is unless you observe it but because these particles are so small when you observe them they move because theyre hit with light to be observable

like if you want to *observe* if you gotway is safe you ride it and by riding it you see ok this time its safe. but you dont know if it will next time.. but there is still (probability) and mine was very low but low is not none and it will happen for someone..

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END or so it would seem after reading this rant

it is.. from me having bad luck to world ending rants and people cancelling their tesla orders??

holy damn what have i done???

well i guess my bad luck can have an effect on other people too :ph34r:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

it is.. from me having bad luck to world ending rants and people cancelling their tesla orders??

holy damn what have i done???

well i guess my bad luck can have an effect on other people too :ph34r:

I think it must be Putin.:ph34r: He must have found a way to hack Gotway software to cause premature mosfet failure.I guess he invests in Bot or Song.:confused1: I really need to avoid CNN.

• Like 1

I haven’t even watched a tear down of a Tesla yet but I got mine last Friday and this is making me wanna pop the shell and just get a look at this thing I trust my life with every time I get on it.

Sucks to hear about the failure. Glad you weren’t hurt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shad0z said:

mine was probably because i braked

too hard and i didn't think braking could do anything with mosfets

Lol, now this here is a true example of a Gotway apologist. You braked too hard?? You should be able to brake as hard as you need too! You brake when going down steep hills, you brake when you are coming up on a curb you didn't see, you brake when a car pops out of a drive way, you brake all the time. Sometimes, you have to brake hard. 

I can't believe you wrote that with a straight face. I was having slight buyer's remorse with the Kingsong 16S I bought due to the lower speed and range but this takes a lot of it away. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Lol, now this here is a true example of a Gotway apologist. You braked too hard?? You should be able to brake as hard as you need too! You brake when going down steep hills, you brake when you are coming up on a curb you didn't see, you brake when a car pops out of a drive way, you brake all the time. Sometimes, you have to brake hard. 

I can't believe you wrote that with a straight face. I was having slight buyer's remorse with the Kingsong 16S I bought due to the lower speed and range but this takes a lot of it away. 

it was the crappy QC at gotway not me that blew the mosfet. I agree

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway makes crappy wheels for sure, but they are the fastest, longest range crappy wheels that you can get :D Choose your poison and be happy with what you ride. I prefer powerful 50-mile wheels. I can deal with the periodic maintenance.

Others prefer slow and safe. It's very personal and neither is better. As long as you are happy, that's what matters.

Even given all the little issues I’ve had with the used ACM I bought ...i think in the end I still love GW wheels. The 18L may be the game changer for the 18” category but that’s only one wheel . KS will still not be competing with GW in any other wheel size . But 18L isn’t here yet. They make damn good wheels over all and if someone is looking for something that requires pretty much no maintenance then I suppose they know what to buy (KS). But just like you , I’ll take performance over annoying safety features any day . Even if it means I need to do a bit of work here and there to keep it in optimal condition . Plus I really enjoy learning to do the work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

Even given all the little issues I’ve had with the used ACM I bought ...i think in the end I still love GW wheels. The 18L may be the game changer for the 18” category but that’s only one wheel . KS will still not be competing with GW in any other wheel size . But 18L isn’t here yet. They make damn good wheels over all and if someone is looking for something that requires pretty much no maintenance then I suppose they know what to buy (KS). But just like you , I’ll take performance over annoying safety features any day . Even if it means I need to do a bit of work here and there to keep it in optimal condition . Plus I really enjoy learning to do the work. 

and afterall we still dont know if tje ks18l 

will be good or bad

and maintinance? Well it can be needed on any wheel

so youre not "safe choosing kingsong" youre just "safer"

2 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

and afterall we still dont know if tje ks18l 

will be good or bad

and maintinance? Well it can be needed on any wheel

so youre not "safe choosing kingsong" youre just "safer

Nope . No clue . Looks good though. ?

i know a few guys with 3000+k on their KS wheels that have never so much as needed to change a tube ....just saying . ?