The Tesla is just as dangerous as my Inmotion V8 at the same speed

enGate

53 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

you have to put the same weight foward as if you were just leaning... it doesnt change with how your body is positioned. it changes with the weight applied to tilt it then the gyro picks up on the tilt and responds by speeding up

Your weight while leaning forward without bending your knees puts one at 2 o'clock while bending ones knees puts one at 12:30 on the clock dial. The weight is much more forward in a lean and therefore it takes much more power to upright it. Leaning forces the gyros to catch up with top center the same as force pressure does but in a more pronounced angle to upright the vehicle when needed.

1 hour ago, exoplanet said:

Jesus. I have been harping on this enough now. We need shock absorbing systems

Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while.  Suspension might have prevented this and many other accidents.  In my head, I have designed a basic swing arm system that removes the pedals from the ends of the axle and moves them to a swing arm mechanism. Either that, or machine the pedal hangers to accept steel rods with springs, a sort of mini coilover setup. Since my ks14 is in pieces, I might, just might, use it as a testbed. Although I don't have the skills to pull it off without professional custom work.  Don't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while.  Suspension might have prevented this and many other accidents.  In my head, I have designed a basic swing arm system that removes the pedals from the ends of the axle and moves them to a swing arm mechanism. Either that, or machine the pedal hangers to accept steel rods with springs, a sort of mini coilover setup. Since my ks14 is in pieces, I might, just might, use it as a testbed. Although I don't have the skills to pull it off without professional custom work.  Don't hold your breath.

I think one could calculate the exact travel needed.My finding is that one should have at least 10 cm travel in addition to the 3/4 one gets from the tyre. perhaps more. I dont know exactly but that is my feeling. Also there has to be some delaysystem like oil in shocks or air or whatever. My thoughtwas matress material inside an airtigth soft box with small holes. Then air can leave slowly and prevent springiness, but still allow smooth riding. I find that on ninebot e+ at 5 kmh almost all normal obstacles ceise how do you write that word. seise? to be a problem. I dont think the relation is linear, but at double the speed either the diameter has to double or the travel must double. preferably both. Also important that handling is not sacrificed in the process.

I would advocate euc speed doesnt exceed unattentive driving in normal conditions while having no problem with potholes etc. that is. if you miss anything of the usual, you dont crash. for speeds above say 15kmh,, the wheel should handle the unusual up to a limit as well. preferably no limit. Let the wheel fly. see the boeing flying machine challenge.

2milllion usd prize money

1 hour ago, exoplanet said:

I think one could calculate the exact travel needed.My finding is that one should have at least 10 cm travel in addition to the 3/4 one gets from the tyre. perhaps more. I dont know exactly but that is my feeling. Also there has to be some delaysystem like oil in shocks or air or whatever. My thoughtwas matress material inside an airtigth soft box with small holes. Then air can leave slowly and prevent springiness, but still allow smooth riding. I find that on ninebot e+ at 5 kmh almost all normal obstacles ceise how do you write that word. seise? to be a problem. I dont think the relation is linear, but at double the speed either the diameter has to double or the travel must double. preferably both. Also important that handling is not sacrificed in the process.

I would advocate euc speed doesnt exceed unattentive driving in normal conditions while having no problem with potholes etc. that is. if you miss anything of the usual, you dont crash. for speeds above say 15kmh,, the wheel should handle the unusual up to a limit as well. preferably no limit. Let the wheel fly. see the boeing flying machine challenge.

2milllion usd prize money

You make some good points.

8 hours ago, exoplanet said:

My finding is that one should have at least 10 cm travel

I'm not sure that that is necessary or practical.  2 to 3 cm at most is enough to remove a large percentage of the unwanted movement in the pedals.  Any more than that, and you're opening up a whole can of worms regarding ground clearance, pedal to axle placement, unevenness from side to side. 

This will be my last post on this matter, as I didn't want to open the whole "wish list" debate again.  Either I'll try something and report on it, or I won't.  Probably the latter, looking at my to-do project list.

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

I'm not sure that that is necessary or practical.  2 to 3 cm at most is enough to remove a large percentage of the unwanted movement in the pedals.  Any more than that, and you're opening up a whole can of worms regarding ground clearance, pedal to axle placement, unevenness from side to side. 

This will be my last post on this matter, as I didn't want to open the whole "wish list" debate again.  Either I'll try something and report on it, or I won't.  Probably the latter, looking at my to-do project list.

Actually @Joey Serrin is working on a prototype he has developed and made for his Msuper. He goes over a 4x4 piece of wood and his feet never leave the pedal. Its an awesome video. I wish he would post or patent it for God's sake.

37 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Actually @Joey Serrin is working on a prototype he has developed and made for his Msuper. He goes over a 4x4 piece of wood and his feet never leave the pedal. Its an awesome video. I wish he would post or patent it for God's sake.

I'd pay a dollar to see that.

47 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I'd pay a dollar to see that.

I've seen the video too and can confirm it's amazing ability to ride over anything. It looks a bit Frankensteinish, because it's a prototype. But very effective.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've seen the video too and can confirm it's amazing ability to ride over anything. It looks a bit Frankensteinish, because it's a prototype. But very effective.

I have a 14c; don't talk to me about Frankensteinish, the 14c wrote the book (not Mary Shelly).  She's buried somewhere around here too, come to think of it.;)

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I have a 14c; don't talk to me about Frankensteinish, the 14c wrote the book (not Mary Shelly).  She's buried somewhere around here too, come to think of it.;)

The 14c is cute compared to the IPS tank 350. It even has the neck bolt on top for the power input cover. ?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

do you know where i can get a glimpse of the video??

9 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

do you know where i can get a glimpse of the video??

I do, but unfortunately only a limited number of people have access until he's ready to unveil it.

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

youtube alldaywheel, the 16th video, at the end shows the suspension.  It's called the Max.  Might not be the same wheel @Stan Onymous was talking about,  the video didn't show him going over a piece of wood.

Thats it! Here it is...

He has another video with him testing the shocks. We should get him to post it. Hey @Joey Serrin Get this video out into youtube!

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

He has another video with him testing the shocks. We should get him to post it. Hey @Joey Serrin Get this video out into youtube!

Hovering the mouse cursor over Joey's name showed that he hasn't visited the forum since October.  Might have better luck on Facebook.  

Archived