The Tesla is just as dangerous as my Inmotion V8 at the same speed

enGate

So if you guys remember I had a few crashes with my V8. One was my fault (if we can say that because it's actually the manufacturer's fault if we think about it) and another one today with the Tesla what was caused by the lack of power(?) just like with the V8.

Small(!) Pothole + high speed = the wheel couldn't keep up.
I accepted that with the V8 because I'm a heavy guy (95kg) and I pushed the V8 to its limits. But today the same happened with the Tesla.
I didn't push the Tesla to its limits. I was at about 30-35km/h speed when I hit a 1cm deep  1m long pothole what caused the pedals to tilt forward by about 40 degrees.

Something like this but 1m long:
ePatch1.png

The wheel after that over compensated (tilted backwards) and I fell back.  Nothing major just a little pain in my leg and more attention to the road imperfections next time.

I start to see a clear picture that we're just bunnies to these manufacturers who will get fucked eventually by these shitty unsafe wheels. (especially if it's a gotway based on their history)

good that you are ok and not injured!

When i see pothole photo you posted....even as not a fan of GW quality,.....would not blame the wheel for that failure.

I mean, it hasnt cut out...just getting wobbly because of the main „eruption“, that was because of the size of the hole and the high Speed??? in my view a 16inch wheel is just not designed for that holes at that speed..

It was a really small road imperfection so that's why I'm surprised that it couldn't handle it.But it did this multiple times. (pedal tilted forward) earlier but I didn't fall because it compensated really quickly.Not this time sadly. The road was dry so that couldn't be it. Oh and I accelerated hard before this happened. But the battery was almost full so that also couldn't be the reason

Hmm, this is worrisome. That sounds exactly like what we saw in that video from China a while back. There was a good slow-mo of it and some discussion here. You will need to scroll down and maybe over a few pages to see all the analysis:

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So glad your ok!!! Sorry I don’t have any answers other than refrain from going into potholes. 

Just what I'd expect from a doctor. :P

Doctor it hurts when I do that!

Well then don't do that!

Two questions come to mind:

1. Is it possible you were travelling too fast for road conditions? Granted, my tame Ninebot rarely has this problem, but I still ride more slowly if I am wary of the road surface.

2. Is this solvable in firmware with pseudo traction-control?  If a wheel is designed for off-road as the the Ninebot Z is claimed to be, will this become a standard feature on next-gen EUCs?

6 hours ago, enGate said:

I was at about 30-35km/h speed when I hit a 1cm deep  1m long pothole what caused the pedals to tilt forward by about 40 degrees.

So you say it wasn't a cut-out, and you say it tilted forwards about 40 degrees (centigrade or Fahrenheit?) :D .  Glad you're ok BTW. Then you say..

6 hours ago, enGate said:

The wheel after that over compensated (tilted backwards) and I fell back

It sounds to me, that at this speed, with an unexpected irregularity in the road surface, you got some air (only a few mm would be enough), while in the air your whole riding package ( you and the wheel ) tilted forward, as you have to be leaning forward to compensate for the wind at that speed.  Then when you made contact with the ground again, your wheel was spinning hard to stay upright (something it couldn't do when the wheel was off the ground) and it shot in front of you, dumping you backwards.  It's just a theory, based on what you have reported and my own experience.  I would not presume to tell you" this is what happened".

Wow glad you are okay. I think its a lesson you are destined to ignore and fight.

Its like a Porsche driver saying "How was I to know the rear would kick out in front of me if I hit a bump in the road while turning at only 145-160mph, which is not at all its top speed" ;) Boy those Porsche makers will really have to stop using us as bunnies for their devices of extreme speed. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Cmon man. Figure it out. Your limits with regards to the machines are an adult responsibility that you need to take ownership of. Both of those vehicle manufacturers warn about going the top speed and your responsibility with regards to the hazards of critical failures when pushing the machine too hard. Both of those companies' manuals say they are not made for roads and you drive on them at your own risk.

I think it is you who is the one experimenting on yourself. You clearly need a new hypothesis about these things.

Interesting, I had a similar experience, but at slightly slower speeds. A small bump in the road caused the tesla to cut out on me, dumping me forward. My best guess is that there was a voltage spike, and the tesla couldn't handle it. I'm about the same weight as you and also wear a backpack, so I'd definitely urge the heavier riders to be careful.

39 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Wow glad you are okay. I think its a lesson you are destined to ignore and fight.

Its like a Porsche driver saying "How was I to know the rear would kick out in front of me if I hit a bump in the road while turning at only 145-160mph, which is not at all its top speed" ;) Boy those Porsche makers will really have to stop using us as bunnies for their devices of extreme speed. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Cmon man. Figure it out. Your limits with regards to the machines are an adult responsibility that you need to take ownership of. Both of those vehicle manufacturers warn about going the top speed and your responsibility with regards to the hazards of critical failures when pushing the machine too hard. Both of those companies' manuals say they are not made for roads and you drive on them at your own risk.

I think it is you who is the one experimenting on yourself. You clearly need a new hypothesis about these things.

Seems like your brain didn't fully understand what i'm trying to say.

First of all I didn't go at full speed with the Tesla and I didn't push it to its limits at all.I drove through worse road imperfections before at the same or higher speeds and I didn't crash.

There's a huge difference between loss of traction with a car (what actually has multiple safety features to help inexperienced drivers regain control) and an EUC what depends on the motor. So I don't really know why you're trying hard to compare it to a car.

If a passenger dies in a car because ESP/ESC wasn't invented yet then it's the driver's fault and the manufacturers shouldn't give a fuck just tell their parents that well next time go slower okay? Same thing with airplanes. Plane crashed into a mountain? Okay let's invent GPWS. and so on and so on...Once people die they finally do something to prevent it.so that's a really stupid way of thinking mate.If it's preventable then it should be prevented with multiple safety features because you can't avoid every single situation even if you're careful.

I think I got it right in the first two sentences and you have just proved it. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just crashed on my new toy and I said I was going 30-35 mph which is top speed, but now I will veer towards the responsible so I can act like a victim. Ahahahahahahaha. You are a victim, but its of your own obstinance and I doubt if any vehicle can solve that.

1 hour ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Interesting, I had a similar experience, but at slightly slower speeds. A small bump in the road caused the tesla to cut out on me, dumping me forward. My best guess is that there was a voltage spike, and the tesla couldn't handle it. I'm about the same weight as you and also wear a backpack, so I'd definitely urge the heavier riders to be careful.

A spike is exactly what happens. When the wheel gets airborne for any amount of time at high speeds or loads, it will quickly race to absolute top wheel speed because it is free spinning. The closer it gets to that free wheel speed the less power it has for any balancing at all. Gotway and InMotion have different ways of dealing with top free wheel spin speed, but the results are relatively the same. If you notice a top speed registered on your device that is beyond the pedal lean, or warning beeps and you dont remember it, it was probably a bump in the road. Its always good to know your devices limits and stay away if you can. They are aspirational, but also aquirable which makes them more fun and risky by nature - and technology of course.

45 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I think I got it right in the first two sentences and you have just proved it. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just crashed on my new toy and I said I was going 30-35 mph which is top speed, but now I will veer towards the responsible so I can act like a victim. Ahahahahahahaha. You are a victim, but its of your own obstinance and I doubt if any vehicle can solve that.

You're just making yourself look stupid with that "hahahahaha". Also get your glasses on and read my first post again loud and clear. If you still don't know what's wrong then I suggest studying what km/h is. Because that's not mph :)

I have similar experience with Gotway but MTen3. If the road is not perfect, but have some irregularities, probably due to vibrations, the pedals are tilting forward. It seems that the calibration is lost. 

It happens at any speed. 

I didn't experience this with 9B1 S2 or E+

I never ride with very high speed, with 9B1 is not possible and with MTen3 is scary 

Sounds like gyro / firmware failure resulted in "pendulum effect". How fast was it leaning forward and back?

Also, is there a chance that you pushed your wheel (was accelerating) when caught pothole? I mean you could push it forward-down just because of your inertia, followed by wheel shot forward from under you because of rapid acceleration as a result of pushing it.

@enGate respond plz too

the gotway app (even when you have all alarms off) alerts you visually on the speedometer when you go over about 27 kph so gotway makes wheels that can go fast but they warn you.. so its not "their fault

for any of you who have this opinion

I was reacting to the victimization language in the post. It is clearly a hatchet job couched as a curious warning.

The device also warns about a leaning posture. The pedal attenuation needs to be done with the feet only for best stability. That means bending your legs a little like in a crouch when accelerating. If you lean forward you put strain on the wheel and use power to balance the vehicle more than one should. This method of pedal attenuation is one of the ways you accelerate on a seated EUC like the KS18s or the 22" mSuper.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Your described posture may be something to look at to regain your sanity. Maybe asking "why am I making the EUC do this?" Instead of racing to blame the vehicle manufacturers would be a more effective way to remedy this.

1 minute ago, Stan Onymous said:

I was reacting to the victimization language in the post. It is clearly a hatchet job couched as a curious warning.

The device also warns about a leaning posture. The pedal attenuation needs to be done with the feet only for best stability. That means bending your legs a little like in a crouch when accelerating. If you lean forward you put strain on the wheel and use power to balance the vehicle more than one should. This method of pedal attenuation is one of the ways you accelerate on a seated EUC like the KS18s or the 22" mSuper.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Your described posture may be something to look at to regain your sanity. Maybe asking "why am I making the EUC do this?" Instead of racing to blame the vehicle manufacturers would be a more effective way to remedy this.

you have to put the same weight foward as if you were just leaning... it doesnt change with how your body is positioned. it changes with the weight applied to tilt it then the gyro picks up on the tilt and responds by speeding up

16 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

Jesus. I have been harping on this enough now. We need shock absorbing systems

no joke we need shock absorption.. im wondering why they didnt already use it.. red like for you :D 

Archived