Jump to content
Nick R

Kingsong 18S Trolley Handle

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I found another alternative way of installing a handle on KS18S. First, I bought a Jeep safety strap handle from Amazon. Then I wrapped it around the KS18S hard seat handle. Now I have a seat with a soft strap handle secured on top of the KS18S. I can walk my KS18S around like an equestrian. This Jeep safety strap handle is just a perfect fit for the KS18S seat. No drilling, no handle to break or tear off if the wheel falls.

Edited by scubadragosan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

I found another alternative way of installing a handle on KS18S. First, I bought a Jeep safety strap handle from Amazon. Then I wrapped it around the KS18S hard seat handle. Now I have a seat with a soft strap handle secured on top of the KS18S. I can walk my KS18S around like an equestrian. This Jeep safety strap handle is just a perfect fit for the KS18S seat. No drilling, no handle to break or tear off if the wheel falls.

I went on google images to try to visualize how this could work and couldn't figure it out.  If you get a chance to post a pic, it'd be appreciated.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought no one will ever ask. When I get my photos together, I'll post them with Amazon links.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nick R Nice! Can you still fit the seat and ride seated?

 

@scubadragosan Nice! Yes, please do post pics and let us me know if you can still fit the seat and ride seated. I would also like to do a trolley on my KS18S without drilling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Nick R Nice! Can you still fit the seat and ride seated?

 

@scubadragosan Nice! Yes, please do post pics and let us me know if you can still fit the seat and ride seated. I would also like to do a trolley on my KS18S without drilling.

while i understand that you dont want to drill ...

i can assure you that this is the most stablest trolley ever!

i can even easily cary my 25kg 1680wh 18s on the trolley grip if i want to....or throwing the wheel around :-)

HMq9hzq.jpg

i tried the IM v5 handle...also a version without drilling, a version secured to the pedal,etc,etc,etc

this one is the most sturdy ....now having 2500km on 18a and 2300 on 18s withkut any probs..

 

i guess the only trolley which you can use to carry this monster around.....

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@US69 Yes, I already have the long generic trolley for this mod, but I don't want to hurt my baby! :D

 

In my dreams, I wish for a hinged KS18 seat that can flip up and lock to act as a trolley!

(and the V5 handle is all wrong for the KS18, unsightly on a non-circular wheel IMHO. It already feels too tall on the V10F! Can't imagine on the K18 height.)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

the V5 handle is all wrong for the KS18, unsightly on a non-circular wheel IMHO. It already feels too tall on the V10F! Can't imagine on the K18 height.

haha...yeah sure, its to long, so i cut it to half and even bent it a bit....but in the end it still looked like a pen%@ trolley !

actually i understand the no drill Philosophie....but the shell is nearly 4-5 mm....and sturdiest shell i ever seen on a EUC :-)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, US69 said:

actually i understand the no drill Philosophie....but the shell is nearly 4-5 mm....and sturdiest shell i ever seen on a EUC :-)

For me, the no drill is more about keeping resell value high (as one forum user can tell, I don't keep wheels that long haha), satisfy the used wheel buyers innate wish to feel like they're buying a fairly unadulterated wheel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, see if I can show how my handle is done:

1) Buy this Jeep roll bar grab handles from Amazon (comes in 2, only need 1)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z89I2OY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) Wrap one around KS18 seat and its handle. Be sure the grab handle is situated in the middle of the seat because this is where your butt cleavage will be. Secure velcro straps with zip ties. If handle strap is loose or a little long, crunch it up and again use zip tie to tighten it. (see photo after it's tied)

Sitting on the roll bar grab handle doesn't hurt my crotch or private parts since the grab handle is kind of soft and it is situated in the middle of the seat where my butt cleavage is right over it.

The advantage of this setup is that the handle and the seat are always together and available. When riding stops, no need to take the seat off and grab the hard handle. You will also never lose your seat.

The disadvantage is that the height of this grab handle is not adjustable. I think for most people between 5' to 5' 10", this setup should work.

BTW I am 5 ft. 8 in. tall

 

 

IMG_20180420_223351.jpg

Edited by scubadragosan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, this would never work for me, as I need to slide around the seat for turns & speed control, but cool mod @scubadragosan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not an issue at all. You don't really feel anything is in the way. I still can ride seated without any manuverability isuues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 6:10 PM, US69 said:

while i understand that you dont want to drill ...

i can assure you that this is the most stablest trolley ever!

i can even easily cary my 25kg 1680wh 18s on the trolley grip if i want to....or throwing the wheel around :-)

HMq9hzq.jpg

 

which handle is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×