Kingsong 18S Trolley Handle

Nick R

• 5 months later...

I found another alternative way of installing a handle on KS18S. First, I bought a Jeep safety strap handle from Amazon. Then I wrapped it around the KS18S hard seat handle. Now I have a seat with a soft strap handle secured on top of the KS18S. I can walk my KS18S around like an equestrian. This Jeep safety strap handle is just a perfect fit for the KS18S seat. No drilling, no handle to break or tear off if the wheel falls.

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

I found another alternative way of installing a handle on KS18S. First, I bought a Jeep safety strap handle from Amazon. Then I wrapped it around the KS18S hard seat handle. Now I have a seat with a soft strap handle secured on top of the KS18S. I can walk my KS18S around like an equestrian. This Jeep safety strap handle is just a perfect fit for the KS18S seat. No drilling, no handle to break or tear off if the wheel falls.

I went on google images to try to visualize how this could work and couldn't figure it out.  If you get a chance to post a pic, it'd be appreciated.  

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Nick R Nice! Can you still fit the seat and ride seated?

@scubadragosan Nice! Yes, please do post pics and let us me know if you can still fit the seat and ride seated. I would also like to do a trolley on my KS18S without drilling.

while i understand that you dont want to drill ...

i can assure you that this is the most stablest trolley ever!

i can even easily cary my 25kg 1680wh 18s on the trolley grip if i want to....or throwing the wheel around :-)

HMq9hzq.jpg

i tried the IM v5 handle...also a version without drilling, a version secured to the pedal,etc,etc,etc

this one is the most sturdy ....now having 2500km on 18a and 2300 on 18s withkut any probs..

i guess the only trolley which you can use to carry this monster around.....

@US69 Yes, I already have the long generic trolley for this mod, but I don't want to hurt my baby! :D

In my dreams, I wish for a hinged KS18 seat that can flip up and lock to act as a trolley!

(and the V5 handle is all wrong for the KS18, unsightly on a non-circular wheel IMHO. It already feels too tall on the V10F! Can't imagine on the K18 height.)

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

the V5 handle is all wrong for the KS18, unsightly on a non-circular wheel IMHO. It already feels too tall on the V10F! Can't imagine on the K18 height.

haha...yeah sure, its to long, so i cut it to half and even bent it a bit....but in the end it still looked like a pen%@ trolley !

actually i understand the no drill Philosophie....but the shell is nearly 4-5 mm....and sturdiest shell i ever seen on a EUC :-)

25 minutes ago, US69 said:

actually i understand the no drill Philosophie....but the shell is nearly 4-5 mm....and sturdiest shell i ever seen on a EUC :-)

For me, the no drill is more about keeping resell value high (as one forum user can tell, I don't keep wheels that long haha), satisfy the used wheel buyers innate wish to feel like they're buying a fairly unadulterated wheel.

Ok, see if I can show how my handle is done:

1) Buy this Jeep roll bar grab handles from Amazon (comes in 2, only need 1)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z89I2OY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) Wrap one around KS18 seat and its handle. Be sure the grab handle is situated in the middle of the seat because this is where your butt cleavage will be. Secure velcro straps with zip ties. If handle strap is loose or a little long, crunch it up and again use zip tie to tighten it. (see photo after it's tied)

Sitting on the roll bar grab handle doesn't hurt my crotch or private parts since the grab handle is kind of soft and it is situated in the middle of the seat where my butt cleavage is right over it.

The advantage of this setup is that the handle and the seat are always together and available. When riding stops, no need to take the seat off and grab the hard handle. You will also never lose your seat.

The disadvantage is that the height of this grab handle is not adjustable. I think for most people between 5' to 5' 10", this setup should work.

BTW I am 5 ft. 8 in. tall

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2018 at 6:10 PM, US69 said:

while i understand that you dont want to drill ...

i can assure you that this is the most stablest trolley ever!

i can even easily cary my 25kg 1680wh 18s on the trolley grip if i want to....or throwing the wheel around :-)

HMq9hzq.jpg

which handle is this?

• 9 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 2:01 AM, scubadragosan said:

Ok, see if I can show how my handle is done:

1) Buy this Jeep roll bar grab handles from Amazon (comes in 2, only need 1)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z89I2OY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) Wrap one around KS18 seat and its handle. Be sure the grab handle is situated in the middle of the seat because this is where your butt cleavage will be. Secure velcro straps with zip ties. If handle strap is loose or a little long, crunch it up and again use zip tie to tighten it. (see photo after it's tied)

Sitting on the roll bar grab handle doesn't hurt my crotch or private parts since the grab handle is kind of soft and it is situated in the middle of the seat where my butt cleavage is right over it.

The advantage of this setup is that the handle and the seat are always together and available. When riding stops, no need to take the seat off and grab the hard handle. You will also never lose your seat.

The disadvantage is that the height of this grab handle is not adjustable. I think for most people between 5' to 5' 10", this setup should work.

BTW I am 5 ft. 8 in. tall

IMG_20180420_223351.jpg

I tried buying one of these handles as I didn't want to fork out $80 for the allit one nor want to drill. Unfortunately, your link was not valid still. So I bought one of the myriads of clones available when searching jeep roll bar grab handle assuming they were all the same.  I don't think they are anymore, or i havent' figured out how to wrap it around, which seems unlikely.  I received mine today and tried fitting it on. It looks the same as yours but the length of the straps must be off. Wrapping around the seat and going back through the loop i only get like one inch per strap, so the strap doesnt come close to being on top of the seat, nor is it able to reach the side where it can stick.

Had to use industrial velcro with adhesive backing to get the short velcro something to attach to. Then used some heavy duty zip ties im glad i fi ally found a purpose for.   The handle is still floppy as theres too much slack so i might need to use some more zip ties. That being said, im 5ft 2in, and with the floppy handles, i dont see anybody over 5ft 8 5.9 comfortable with this method unless their arms are long

download_20190404_113916.jpg

Somehow it looks like I did a better job than you someguy153, just by looking at the photos. My second grab handle will be used for a 2nd KS18S:D. One for work, another for long distance travelling. One more thing to consider is to remove the tubing inside the grab handle. This will soften the handle a lot more while sitting on it. Sorry, the link is outdated. Products must have been sold out. Thanks for your input/feedback.

These look like the jeep grab handles that I got:

https://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-Roll-Grab-Handle/dp/B005HAYDR4

Archived