Any advice on a light and fast 14inch wheel. What is your favorite?

Gustesta

I think there was another Finn besides EUC Extreme that had also studded the tire of a Lhotz for winter use. He had several videos at Youtube on riding on snow.

I won't do it though, and hoping not to disappoint other Finns... Even with a studded tire the traction can never be the same in every surface as in the summer. And I have decided not to fall down from an EUC for any reason.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thinking about it some more, as long as you suit up with skiing gear or good winter wear to keep yourself warm, it should be possible to ride in the winter as long as the roads / sidewalks are relatively clear.  I've skied down some blue runs at what must have been like 40-50 kph, and I only froze those parts of my face which were exposed to the wind.  We get some packed snow that is slippery even with snow boots as it gets compacted down and turns into a smooth ice like surface so I would worry about losing traction there.  Even still, I'll see some hardy mountain bikers riding around in the winter.  It depends on the type of winter weather you get.  Ski goggles and a facemask / toque / balaklava definitely would help.  Just in case someone doesn't know what a balaklava looks like here's a photo.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

ee346f2804d54d7b5f5adef1b77d6240.jpg

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I've been wearing this ski mask recently. Very effective.

Beardski Pirate Ski Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049XLDSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lKN8zb7SFZ0FJ

Screenshot_20171026-191043.png

First I see @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's post (very nice BTW), and then I see @LanghamP's post - I cracked up :roflmao:. What a juxtaposition :D

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How can you tell?  :whistling:  She looks pretty hot to me.  :innocent1:

I think this ZZ Top beard mask would be cool:

Windsor, Ontario.  Doing a Google search for Windsor, Ontario weather reveals some mixed photos.  This guy seems okay with the little bit of snow.

While this guy looks like he'd rather be inside than plowing a trench through the downpack... :blink1:  Let us know how you make out.

1k22.jpg

It's getting close to that time of year again. Will @Rehab1 be posting more snow shoveling-with-a-wheel videos :)

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You should learn from this Jason. On your current website, wherever you have EWheels, replace it with http://www.ewheels.com

Then when people lift your content at least you may still get some traffic back to your business :thumbup:

WOW.  That's so wrong.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thinking about it some more, as long as you suit up with skiing gear or good winter wear to keep yourself warm, it should be possible to ride in the winter as long as the roads / sidewalks are relatively clear.  I've skied down some blue runs at what must have been like 40-50 kph, and I only froze those parts of my face which were exposed to the wind.  We get some packed snow that is slippery even with snow boots as it gets compacted down and turns into a smooth ice like surface so I would worry about losing traction there.  Even still, I'll see some hardy mountain bikers riding around in the winter.  It depends on the type of winter weather you get.  Ski goggles and a facemask / toque / balaklava definitely would help.  Just in case someone doesn't know what a balaklava looks like here's a photo.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

ee346f2804d54d7b5f5adef1b77d6240.jpg

That looks too kinky for me.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's getting close to that time of year again. Will @Rehab1 be posting more snow shoveling-with-a-wheel videos :)

Leaf blowing then snow shoveling since my halloween video ended in disaster. There is still time to shot another but what a bummer!

Take one: I was using my commercial mosquito sprayer to create a fog effect that I planned to ride though during the video. I also had a large strobe light to create an eerie effect.

While my wife waited patiently on the lawnmower to video the event I started up the fogger and within seconds my wife had disappeared under the cloud of toxic fumes! The wind direction had changed slightly and I never provided her with a mask to protect her from the mist!

Mten and I quicky rode back to shut off the flow of the liquid insecticide. I kept the rest of the sprayer running.  I then rode back to see if my wife was still alive. Not a happy moment!  :unsure:

Take 2: I returned to the mosquito sprayer that was still running with insecticide shut off. At that point the 2 foot long stainless steel nozzle was red hot. I had never used the sprayer at night so I thought this was normal. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I turned on the valve controlling the flow of insecticide  the whole sprayer immediately caught fire!  ( No cameras were running at this point. Probably best.) 

I was running around like a madman with my costume trying to extinguish the flames coming out of the sprayer’s barrel! My wife was screaming Holy S..t!!! Needless to say my planned halloween video turned into a scary adventure!  :crying:

For those not familar with a commercial mosquito sprayer here it is. What powers it? A small engine sitting next to a tank of gasoline. Essentially a bomb!  This could have been much worse!

37963125171_827f74ec60_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Leaf blowing then snow shoveling since my halloween video ended in disaster. There is still time to shot another but what a bummer!

Take one: I was using my commercial mosquito sprayer to create a fog effect that I planned to ride though during the video. I also had a large strobe light to create an eerie effect.

While my wife waited patiently on the lawnmower to video the event I started up the fogger and within seconds my wife had disappeared under the cloud of toxic fumes! The wind direction had changed slightly and I never provided her with a mask to protect her from the mist!

Mten and I quicky rode back to shut off the flow of the liquid insecticide. I kept the rest of the sprayer running.  I then rode back to see if my wife was still alive. Not a happy moment!  :unsure:

Take 2: I returned to the mosquito sprayer that was still running with insecticide shut off. At that point the 2 foot long stainless steel nozzle was red hot. I had never used the sprayer at night so I thought this was normal. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I turned on the valve controlling the flow of insecticide  the whole sprayer immediately caught fire!  ( No cameras were running at this point. Probably best.) 

I was running around like a madman with my costume trying to extinguish the flames coming out of the sprayer’s barrel! My wife was screaming Holy S..t!!! Needless to say my planned halloween video turned into a scary adventure!  :crying:

For those not familar with a commercial mosquito sprayer here it is. What powers it? A small engine sitting next to a tank of gasoline. Essentially a bomb!  This could have been much worse!

Wow :o  Since everything turned out OK, can I say that this was a hilarious story. Video would have been cool, but maybe our imaginations are even better :D  Think of it this way, you just added to your repertoire of stories to tell during family gatherings :)

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Mosquitoes 1 / Human 0

Maybe this might be a good device to get:

https://www.planetdj.com/chauvet-h1600

I wonder if he could just get the juice and run it through the machine he already has?  It would be nontoxic and a lot cheaper.  @Rehab1 do you think your mosquito fogger can use regular fog juice, I bet it is the same stuff, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, just without the insecticide.

Assuming, of course, that the mosquito fogger still works.:o

https://www.target.com/p/fog-machine-liquid-hyde-and-eek-boutique-153/-/A-52363337?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Seasonal+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Seasonal&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9027214&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-6vp-SR1wIVAh1pCh2z9gwbEAQYAiABEgLbnvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Archived