CE marking

Gimlet

I'm fairly sure that there isn't any euc that has been put in for and passed the European test as yet. 

The testing process isn't cheap and I don't think any of the Chinese manufacturers have paid to have it done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Hahaha, "Chinese Export", a fake CE logo :efee612b4b: You have to give it to the Chinese, they're brazen.

By the way, CE is and has always been a self-certification. There are no specific, absolutely necessary test costs or whatever, anyone can claim their products are compliant. They better be if checked up on, though.

Wikipedia says the "China Export" wasn't really a thing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hahaha, "Chinese Export", a fake CE logo :efee612b4b: You have to give it to the Chinese, they're brazen.

By the way, CE is and has always been a self-certification. There are no specific, absolutely necessary test costs or whatever, anyone can claim their products are compliant. They better be if checked up on, though.

Self certification only applies to low risk products. 

I hardly think that a euc can be classified as low risk!

http://www.ce-marking.org/how-obtain.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2017 at 3:22 PM, Gimlet said:

I'm fairly sure that there isn't any euc that has been put in for and passed the European test as yet. 

The testing process isn't cheap and I don't think any of the Chinese manufacturers have paid to have it done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I believe ninebot EUCs passed all proper EU CE tests.

• 4 months later...

Wow, some people might think the Chinese are trying to cheat, to get around the regulations, to mislead people into thinking that their products are tested and safe.  But I would never say that, oh no.  It must just be an honest mistake that they picked the EXACT same obscure, are rarely used typeface as the European Certification.  Yes sir, an honest mistake.  Happens all the time......in China. :whistling:

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 10/24/2017 at 8:36 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I like Wikipedia, though unfortunately can't always trust a crowd-sourced information site (it depends on who's in the crowd and their motivations). 

Here's the info. from CE-Check.eu

CE.png.902bf33c1faf411ac44f221679e4a146.png

Gotway probably didn't put on the CCC symbol because the Chinese government would take serious issue if Gotway didn't meet the Chinese standards. (other countries' standards are their own concern, not china's) 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
Clarity
  • Like 3