How much do you spend to maintain your Addiction?

Jonathan Tolhurst

The cost of this hobby, or rather any hobby, is dwarfed by the cost to maintain a wife or ex-wife, and given enough time a wheel always makes back money as it allows you to forgo car transportation whereas a wife will always be a major resource suck while not offering very much in return.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LanghamP said:

The cost of this hobby, or rather any hobby, is dwarfed by the cost to maintain a wife or ex-wife, and given enough time a wheel always makes back money as it allows you to forgo car transportation whereas a wife will always be a major resource suck while not offering very much in return.

Can you express that in liters?

12 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I must have lucked out. My hobby costs far exceed what my wife spends and until recently she brought home 2/3 of our income. She encouraged me to get my wheel....and my VR...and my Brompton (OK she got one of them too). She loves scifi (star trek, star wars, dark matter, galactica)....oh and she was the prom queen :whistling:. I'm a lucky guy. :wub::thumbup:

18 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I must have lucked out. My hobby costs far exceed what my wife spends and until recently she brought home 2/3 of our income. She encouraged me to get my wheel....and my VR...and my Brompton (OK she got one of them too). She loves scifi (star trek, star wars, dark matter, galactica)....oh and she was the prom queen :whistling:. I'm a lucky guy. :wub::thumbup:

Cool we should meet in VR! My girlfriend is the same, and always pushing me to buy the expensive variants because I always complain later that I bought the 2nd choice.

6 hours ago, Clifmeister said:

Cool we should meet in VR! My girlfriend is the same, and always pushing me to buy the expensive variants because I always complain later that I bought the 2nd choice.

I certainly lucked out. My wife makes her own money and shares the bills. She's also my best friend, even if she thinks my hobbies sometimes are hilarious...

Archived