Ninebot Z series

Michael Lutge

https://dacota.tw/blog/post/ninebot-one-z

(Google translation)

Ninebot launched the flagship wheelbarrow, called One Z, belonging to the Ninebot single wheel series of the best specifications of the balance of the sincerity of the work, divided into Z6, Z8, Z10 three versions. The difference in the motor output, the maximum speed of 35km-45km, life of up to 45km-100km, the use of 18-inch diameter, wide 4.1-inch large vacuum tire design, grip and safety are up

Ninebot One Z came, off-road wheelbarrow

Ninebot One Z as the flagship version of the Ninebot family of single-wheel balances, the main products of the single-round balance car fever class players

To meet its requirements for off-road, safety, cool and stylish appearance of single-wheeled balances.

We can learn from the film, One Z series of motor output more wild, ferocious

The new diameter 18-inch, wide 4.1-inch large vacuum tire design makes it a strong off-road and grip.

A variety of design are aimed at the player's previous feedback, the special development and design

I have Ninebot One S2, for no built-in car frame, rod these two things, feel very understanding

Although later also modified their own music line V5 rod, but see ninebot One Z of the rod, that super handsome ah!

Hope that Taiwan can have agents to introduce sales, really handsome

This part can be self-purchased car modified parts "explosive stickers" to modify

For a variety of ground is also more easily deal with, even if the uneven road is a stack of small dishes

Ninebot One Z adopts imported high magnification power dual battery, ultra-high power motor, full power transmission can reach 45km-100km

NinebotOne Z series continues Segway double redundant high safety of blood, safety and life have greatly improved.

# SegwayDay # Eye of the night, double LED highlight light; eye-catching red brake taillights, night more secure; from Segway double Yu-dimensional security technology, adequate DIY space, feel feel good. Both the rod is also a parking bracket, disassembly heart.

Price, specification list

NinebotOne Z6 Player Standard Edition

Max Speed: 35km
    Battery: 574wh
    Motor: 1200w
    Range: 40-55km
    Max Load: 150kg
    Max incline: 20 degrees
    Suggested price: 4999 yuan 

NinebotOne Z8 Performance Monster Edition

Max Speed: 40km
    Battery: 862wh
    Motor: 1500w
    Range: 60-80km
    Max incline: 25 degrees
    Suggested price: 7999 yuan 

NinebotOne Z10 Final Fantasy Edition

Max Speed: 45km
    Battery: 1000wh
    Motor: 1800w
    Range: 80-100km
    Max incline: 25 degrees
    Suggested price: 9999 yuan 

FYI,

HK FB EUC forum is reporting Ninebot One Z shipping for South China orders sometime October, while....

Taiwan Seller FB EUC forum & Korea Sellers are saying release 2018, so...

• Looks like ex-China/International Ninebot One Z release will be top of 2018
  • Also, most likely means [guessing] early Chinese model Ninebot One Z's will probably be geo-locked registration, ala Ninebot One A1, to discourage AliExpress vendors selling these China-only models to overseas customers.

This officially blows <_<. I want my Z10 like yesterday.

Any word on supposed top speed?  The wheel looks nice but the turn off for me is probably going to be when we find out the wheel tops out at 10 mph.  I would like them to release a wheel that at least gets up to 15-20 mph.  

38 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Any word on supposed top speed?  The wheel looks nice but the turn off for me is probably going to be when we find out the wheel tops out at 10 mph.  I would like them to release a wheel that at least gets up to 15-20 mph.  

Z10 is listed at 45kph, 28 mph. Got some teeth.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

FYI,

HK FB EUC forum is reporting Ninebot One Z shipping for South China orders sometime October, while....

Taiwan Seller FB EUC forum & Korea Sellers are saying release 2018, so...

• Looks like ex-China/International Ninebot One Z release will be top of 2018
  • Also, most likely means [guessing] early Chinese model Ninebot One Z's will probably be geo-locked registration, ala Ninebot One A1, to discourage AliExpress vendors selling these China-only models to overseas customers.

This officially blows <_<. I want my Z10 like yesterday.

Some enterprising seller could activate the wheel in China and then ship it to you to get around the geo-lock probably.

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I like it!

I do agree, there is a limit to my general principle that "wider is better." I am not sure at what point a tire is too wide. I am pretty sure this one is too wide though:

I agree... While this width would be ideal for specific purposes, it could be challenging for general use.

Coincidentally, I was talking with a workmate a couple of days ago about his new e-bike (with 4" tyres). His comment was that without the "e" it was a lot harder to push - due to the larger contact area.

Having just had the opportunity to ride a range of 14", 16", 18" and 22" wheels, I expect this width will be considerably more challenging to manoeuvre. And I think it will be harder on the batteries too (significantly reducing range).

23 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I agree... While this width would be ideal for specific purposes, it could be challenging for general use.

Coincidentally, I was talking with a workmate a couple of days ago about his new e-bike (with 4" tyres). His comment was that without the "e" it was a lot harder to push - due to the larger contact area.

Having just had the opportunity to ride a range of 14", 16", 18" and 22" wheels, I expect this width will be considerably more challenging to manoeuvre. And I think it will be harder on the batteries too (significantly reducing range).

Here where already some discussions and links about wider tires. As far as i remember wider tires have less rolling resistance, more inertia and more air drag.

Air drag is with eucs  of no relevance compared to the riders air drag, less rolling resistance is great. Just the higher inertia has to be looked at in detail, if it has an influence for de- and acceleratons compared to the riders weight.

The tire profile itself also should have a noticable influence?

Imho wider tires could have a higher rolling resistance, if the air pressure is too low?

I always thought a small contact patch would decrease rolling resistance, and that was why cyclists, solar powered cars, and some electric vehicles choose to use slim tires instead of wide ones.  Also the extra weight of the tire increases resistance to rotation so you waste more energy spinning it?

Maybe if it was possible to have a wide tire with a razor edge contact point, that would decrease rolling resistance?

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I always thought a small contact patch would decrease rolling resistance, and that was why cyclists, solar powered cars, and some electric vehicles choose to use slim tires instead of wide ones.

That was what i thought, too - but then there was a link to site like this: https://www.schwalbe.com/en/balloonbikes.html

"Balloonbike tires have a different shape contact area to a narrow tire, so less energy is lost and is thus completely opposite to what is popularly assumed: Balloonbike tires are wide, but nevertheless roll more easily than narrow, standard tires."

So i had to change my mind... ;)

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Also the extra weight of the tire increases resistant to rotation, doesn't it so you waste more energy spinning it?

The 16 inch tires i found on this schwalbe site had weights from 230g to 500g.

The 20 inch baloon tire (big apple plus) has 730g - this times 16 divided by 20 gives 584.

I assume that de and accelerating a tire (rotational mass) to the same speeds as the rider + wheel should make the work/energy needed to de and accelerate the same formula? W = 1/2 * m * v²

So increasing the weight for  80-350g should have no influence on a ~100kg System?!

Archived