gotway line-up

17 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

make it safer!

Who's gonna be the guinea pig and see if the Gotway drama continues if they do come out with a new lineup?

Side note Eddie, how are you liking the KS18, I'm thinking of getting one.

39 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Who's gonna be the guinea pig and see if the Gotway drama continues if they do come out with a new lineup?

Love the KS18S, it needs a trolly handle!  Only thing it is missing!

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Love the KS18S, it needs a trolly handle!  Only thing it is missing!

I didn't consider that.  How is it walking around with it?  Say I'm stopping at a store for snack or drink.  Pain in the butt I assume? 

3 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I'll gladly be a guinea pig if the wheel looks worthwhile :dribble:

3 hours ago, ydevl4b said:

Dear euf user.

According to the information I got, soon a new product(line-up) will be launching.

It will include a nicer design, many options.

Can't you provide any details? Just between you and me ;)

9 hours ago, ydevl4b said:

Dear euf user.

According to the information I got, soon a new product(line-up) will be launching.

It will include a nicer design, many options.

What information? From where? Please tell more:dribble:

At this stage, I'm more interested in under-the-hood (electronics) improvements instead of nicer design or whatever.

10 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I didn't consider that.  How is it walking around with it?  Say I'm stopping at a store for snack or drink.  Pain in the butt I assume? 

yes, i'm 5'8 and i have to hunch over and hold it by the seat.  it is doable, but it isn't comfortable to walk around. 

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, eddiemoy said:

yes, i'm 5'8 and i have to hunch over and hold it by the seat.  it is doable, but it isn't comfortable to walk around. 

How does that compare with the MSuper trolley handle?

I'm 6'3, so I'm keen to know which is taller and which is more usable?

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

How does that compare with the MSuper trolley handle?

I'm 6'3, so I'm keen to know which is taller and which is more usable?

Msuper trolly handle is more usable since there is something to grab onto.  The seat isn't physically attached and you basically palm it.  When trying to manipulate the KS18 while holding the seat, it feels like it will come off sometimes.

14 hours ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Is there a new monster or is it the "old" one on preorder?

That slick ACM photo threw me off with the smooth shading, looked like a new design to me :-) 

523182100.175957public.thumb.png.f80186c3b4f6806a4650b7cede2eda5f.png

Is that for real, or just kidding? Why would anyone want to go >50kph when a crash/fall could likely be fatal? And as for 240km range, even electric cars don't go that far on a single charge. If you're traveling that kind of distance off-road, you need a helicopter. :P

Or maybe one of these:

Never ever believe manufacturer numbers, especially range and incline %.

Realistic range are 110-120 km or so (80 kg rider), but you can actually go 50 km/h on a Monster (again, 80kg rider) with reasonable safety (the wheel can do it, but no guarantees for when you hit an unseen bump).

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Realistic range are 110-120 km or so (80 kg rider), but you can actually go 50 km/h on a Monster (again, 80kg rider) with reasonable safety (the wheel can do it, but no guarantees for when you hit an unseen bump).

Agreed, if you read some of the manufacturer testing it says 120 lb rider on completely flat surface with 70 degree outside temperature at a speed of 10 mph.  Kinda unrealistic real world testing.  

Just now, Acturbo said:

Agreed, if you read some of the manufacturer testing it says 120 lb rider on completely flat surface with 70 degree outside temperature at a speed of 10 mph.  Kinda unrealistic real world testing.  

Yup.  I'd bet the average southern Chinese man weighs less than the average American woman (160 lbs.), much less the average American man (190 lbs.).  

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Still, 110-120 km is like an inter-city distance -- I don't know why you'd want to travel that far on a unicycle instead of taking a car or bus. Even a motorcycle would be better for that distance.

EUCs are not just transportation, they are fun! Don't think of them only as point-to-point transport, but as magic carpet that effortlessly and quickly takes you places you'd never go on foot/bicycle/car.

My longest ride was over 70km (1300Wh ACM) and I only stopped because of low battery.

120 km is only on flat ground. Add some offroad conditions, inclines/mountains (which need a lot of battery), not going too low on battery for safety reasons and to prevent what is known as "range anxiety" (not ever having to even think about battery-caused limitations is wonderful when exploring), and these battery sizes quickly make a lot of sense:wub: (for some riders who like to explore/long distance ride/mountain ride)

Sure, I can see some people using Gotway Monster like an ATV (although they should maybe improve over the 20°max incline for that)

How do the motors and batteries on these larger euc's compare to those on electric ATVs and other recreational vehicles?

Archived