Washington, DC

RichieV

Just a friendly reminder for the ride this Saturday.  Please RSVP at the link below if you haven't done so already, as I typically always post updates re: the ride and send them out as an email to the yes RSVPs.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 7/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, J.T. said:

In case you missed it, rescheduled to Sat. Aug. 11th (the only date I have available in the next month and a half) due to thunderstorms... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/250888917/ .  I look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

See below for a couple of photos from our ride last Saturday.  The rest of the photos can be found here... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/photos/29030589/

highres_473732462.jpeg

highres_473732479.jpeg

Also, Steven posted a video from the ride here... 

Nice. Couldn't make this one, but it Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Any tentative dates for the next one? Hopefully, there will be at least one more group ride before autumn hits.

I'll be looking to put something together in the fall.  Keep an eye out!

20 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Nice. Couldn't make this one, but it Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Any tentative dates for the next one? Hopefully, there will be at least one more group ride before autumn hits.

23 hours ago, Lutalo said:

There's this ESK8 meetup in Arlington that rides at least every other week. Next one is scheduled for tomorrow night.

Check out Northern Virginia ESK8 - Electric Skateboard Community http://meetu.ps/c/3Qjt1/tkbNW/d on Meetup

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

There's this ESK8 meetup in Arlington that rides at least every other week. Next one is scheduled for tomorrow night.

Check out Northern Virginia ESK8 - Electric Skateboard Community http://meetu.ps/c/3Qjt1/tkbNW/d on Meetup

Cool @RichieV, thanks for the info. I will check them out. I like the idea of weekly outings.

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

Just checked them out. Seems like a very active group. Although meeting up with them during the week might be tough, I could see joining the group for a weekend joust. Again, thanks for the info.

As usual, I need to plan far in advance due to my schedule.  Which dates work best for others?

• Sat. Oct. 20th
  • Sat. Oct. 27th
  • Sun. Oct. 28th

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As usual, I need to plan far in advance due to my schedule.  Which dates work best for others?

• Sat. Oct. 20th
  • Sat. Oct. 27th
  • Sun. Oct. 28th

Thank you in advance!

10/20 works best for me. I will be on travel 10/27 and 28.

• Like 1

Hi guys im new in this euc forum so if there's a coming meet up count me in .and by the way i bump up with Lutalo last week end in Rock creek trail and suggesting to reg in the forum ive been riding my euc about 2months now and hope to see / meet more riders of euc.

Edited by Yanex87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 2:12 PM, Yanex87 said:

Hi guys im new in this euc forum so if there's a coming meet up count me in .and by the way i bump up with Lutalo last week end in Rock creek trail and suggesting to reg in the forum ive been riding my euc about 2months now and hope to see / meet more riders of euc.

Hey @Yanex87, great to see that you have connected with the forum. There are some very smart individuals that love EUCs on the forum and you can get a lot of information.

By the way, the blue EUC that you saw me riding in RCP that day is now in Charlottsville at the University of Virginia. My middle son (I have three) started his freshman year there and took that particular wheel with him. My oldest son, a student at the University of Maryland, College Park usually commutes to and from campus with the 18L.

I have an 18AY that I am currently converting to an 18S. KS just sent the invoice for me to get the parts needed for the conversion, but with my oldest on his way to France for overseas study, and my middle starting his freshman year, I have all kinds of sudden emergency fund allocations ???? going on at the moment that push my conversion project a little to the back burner. Unfortunately, For now I am without regular use of a wheel; my sons have greater need for them.

Randomly meeting another rider is always great. PM me and I will give you my personal contact info so we can keep in touch, and get together for rides around the DMV.

Edited by Lutalo

15 hours ago, Biped Phil said:

Wow, I saw an electric unicycle today!  Someone was going someplace, I guess.  Anyway, super weather for it, about 100 C.

Yeah, I love it when I randomly see riders out in the city with EUCs too. Very cool ☺?

Just a reminder that if you're amenable to mixed group rides, there's the Northern Virginia ESK8 meetup...

... that has been convening almost every Wednesday evening in Arlington.  There's always a decent sized group (10+ people, largest group ride was around 25) and everyone's been very friendly.  So far I've been the only EUC rider with all the rest riding eSkateboards.  Join up and help me represent our side of things and display the joys of ewheeling!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, RichieV said:

Just a reminder that if you're amenable to mixed group rides, there's the Northern Virginia ESK8 meetup...

... that has been convening almost every Wednesday evening in Arlington.  There's always a decent sized group (10+ people, largest group ride was around 25) and everyone's been very friendly.  So far I've been the only EUC rider with all the rest riding eSkateboards.  Join up and help me represent our side of things and display the joys of ewheeling!

I joined the group on meetup, but haven't yet had an opportunity to join a ride with you guys. Now, because the hall motor sensor and motherboard went out on one of my 18AY wheels, I am temporarily without a wheel to use on a regular basis. The repair will involve me converting that wheel to an 18S ??. Should be exciting. I will post photos of the mod when it begins.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on feedback, I've posted the next ride here... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/254851251/ 

On 8/15/2018 at 3:30 PM, J.T. said:

• Sat. Oct. 20th
  • Sat. Oct. 27th
  • Sun. Oct. 28th

Thank you in advance!

Did you click on the link to the event?  That's the date I set for it based on your feedback specifically.  Please RSVP if you haven't already.  I look forward to seeing you there!

19 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Oct 20 is best for me. On travel on the 27th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Did you click on the link to the event?  That's the date I set for it based on your feedback specifically.  Please RSVP if you haven't already.  I look forward to seeing you there!

Cool,  thanks. Done. 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

Somewhat off topic, but I was cycling on the Rock Creek bike path today and spotted someone on a EUC.  He was in full regalia, including a full face helmet, and heading north.  Sightings around here are pretty rare, so forgive my enthusiasm.  This is Washington, D.C., not Seattle Washington.  :D  Who was that masked man?

• Like 1