Washington, DC

RichieV

12 minutes ago, RichieV said:

My wheel is the 1600wh Gotway ACM.  I've not done any measurements, but I want to say around 50 to 60 miles per charge?

@J.T. i also haven't run a proper test, but looking at some routes i've done compared with the amount of juice left it's in line with what @RichieV has ~50-60 miles

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, J.T. said:

Just a friendly reminder for our ride this Sun. Apr. 15th... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Don't forget to sign up as I usually post updates and email them out to the yes RSVPs.  I look forward to seeing you there!

Doesn't look promising weather-wise :(

On 4/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, RichieV said:

Doesn't look promising weather-wise :(

Yes guys.  Looks like I'm going to have to skip this one.  Due to my distance I can't risk bad weather and driving that distance.  Maybe next time ;)

3 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Yea I wanted to come.  Stupid weather.  I know if I don't go it'll be sunny and nice and if I drive down it will be rainy and cold.

right? isn't that how it always goes? :angry:

Yes, I hope the Sat. May 12th date work for you guys!

On 4/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, RichieV said:

Definitely a good call to cancel today.  Cold and rainy is never a fun riding experience.

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, Jrosenzweig said:

Look forward to the ride, new EUC rider with Ninebot one e+ with V10F ordered. Anyone in the Towson MD area? I hear there are two onewheel riders in Stoneleigh Neighborhood where I live but haven't spotted them.

Hi! Enjoy your new wheel! Was visiting Goucher College with family recently, used to go to school in Baltimore, that's a nice area! Live in Central PA now, but hoping to make the trek down for a DC ride: have never been part of a ride group greater than 2 people before.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder for the ride this Saturday... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Don't forget to RSVP as I usually post updates and email them out to the yes RSVPs.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 4/17/2018 at 5:39 PM, J.T. said:

Yes, I hope the Sat. May 12th date work for you guys!

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, kour said:

so does date and location subject to change mean it might be down here? ?

We know Washington D.C. is the capital of USA, but, they say... that Nueva York is the capital of the WORLD! ?

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2015 at 8:46 AM, RichieV said:

Hi all!

New ewheeler here living in Alexandria, Virginia just outside of DC.  With all the bike paths, memorials, and parks in the area, DC demands a cadre of ewheelers to descend upon them like a plague of locusts.  That such a group does not yet exist causes me a bit of sadness, and I feel something must be done to correct this.  So what say you, my capital area brethren of the electrified one-wheel; shall we gather together and conquer all this city has to offer us?  I say YES!!

So now that you're all riled up and raring to go, who in the area can teach me how to ride this thing??!! I have mastered six feet of unaided travel on my new EUC (Huanxi H1) and dreams of seven feet and beyond tantalize me while my shins and ankles heal from their bruises.  Meanwhile, the H1 is charging in the corner, taunting me...  EDIT: I am happy to say that my skills have progressed to the point that I can now comfortably ride without anxiety; no need for basic tutoring anymore!

--Richard

haha, it's so funny that you got zero rep for that post!

Edited by kour

A couple of photos from our ride last Saturday below.  Rest of photos can be found here... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/photos/28878352/471112457/

highres_471112457.jpeg

highres_471112477.jpeg

On 5/8/2018 at 12:59 PM, J.T. said:

Just a friendly reminder for the ride this Saturday... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Don't forget to RSVP as I usually post updates and email them out to the yes RSVPs.  I look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm starting to plan for the next ride and I'm targeting July.  As usual, per my schedule, I need to plan far in advance.  What dates do or don't work for others?

• Sat. July 7th
  • Sun. July 22nd
  • Sat. July 28th

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'm starting to plan for the next ride and I'm targeting July.  As usual, per my schedule, I need to plan far in advance.  What dates do or don't work for others?

• Sat. July 7th
  • Sun. July 22nd
  • Sat. July 28th

Thank you in advance!

Of those, the 22nd works for me. ?