Washington, DC

RichieV

Based on responses received, I've posted our next ride here for Sun. Apr. 15th @ 2pm... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Please RSVP if you are able to join us.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 1/30/2018 at 2:16 PM, J.T. said:

Since I need to plan ahead due to my schedule, I'd like to organize a ride in April when the weather starts warming up.  What does or does not work for others?

• Sat. Apr. 7th
  • Sat. Apr. 14th
  • Sun. Apr. 15th

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 3

I hope you get better soon!

On 3/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, dmethvin said:

Sorry I can't make it, but my knee is still recovering. I should be good to go by summer though!

I hope you can join us.  If you can, don't forget to RSVP at the link as I sometimes post updates and email them out to the yes RSVPs.  Thank you!

On 3/11/2018 at 4:33 PM, Acturbo said:

I will tentatively say yes weather and wife approval pending.  

hi.  UK owner of a Ninebot one E and the gotway ACM 1600W currently visiting family in Fairfax, VA.  Virgin Atlantic  would not allow me to bring either on the plane.  is there a retail outlet anywhere within sensible distance of Fairfax? I was hoping to hire one for my stay.  many thanks,  Phil

@Philip Goldsmith, none that I'm aware of.  If you're able to join us on our group ride at the link I included in my earlier post, I can lend you my Airwheel X3.  Tho the range and speed are extremely limited, and I don't actually think it has the range for the 8 mile ride I have listed (so I wouldn't actually recommend using it).  But others may have something better they can lend to you.  Feel free to post a comment on the group ride event posting I provided.  I hope to see you there!

3 hours ago, Philip Goldsmith said:

hi.  UK owner of a Ninebot one E and the gotway ACM 1600W currently visiting family in Fairfax, VA.  Virgin Atlantic  would not allow me to bring either on the plane.  is there a retail outlet anywhere within sensible distance of Fairfax? I was hoping to hire one for my stay.  many thanks,  Phil

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

@Philip Goldsmith, none that I'm aware of.  If you're able to join us on our group ride at the link I included in my earlier post, I can lend you my Airwheel X3.  Tho the range and speed are extremely limited, and I don't actually think it has the range for the 8 mile ride I have listed (so I wouldn't actually recommend using it).  But others may have something better they can lend to you.  Feel free to post a comment on the group ride event posting I provided.  I hope to see you there!

Hi JT, Many thanks for the response - that's a very generous offer and I'd take you up on it if I wasn't flying home on the 10th :)    It was a long shot I know,  I use my ACM as my main source of transport @ home and I (allegedly) cant get insured on my mothers car here so i'm a little stuck in the house.  Was hoping there was an EWheels equivalent locally that I could sweet talk into some arrangement...   hopefully they'll relax the laws on flying with them and I'll hook up with you guys next time I'm here.  If any of you come to the UK and need a wheel,  give me a shout.  cheers,  phil

On 3/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, J.T. said:

Based on responses received, I've posted our next ride here for Sun. Apr. 15th @ 2pm... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Please RSVP if you are able to join us.  I look forward to seeing you there!

As of right now we're up to 19 people who've signed up! Woohoo! Even if we only get half that number, it will be a decent sized group. Hopefully the weather will play nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a friendly reminder for our ride next Sun. Apr. 15th.  I hope to see you there!

On 3/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, J.T. said:

Yes, awesome, we're up to 22 now!  I saw that you promoted the ride too, thank you!

On 3/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, RichieV said:

As of right now we're up to 19 people who've signed up! Woohoo! Even if we only get half that number, it will be a decent sized group. Hopefully the weather will play nice.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, J.T. said:

Just a friendly reminder for our ride this Sun. Apr. 15th... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/248545958/ .  Don't forget to sign up as I usually post updates and email them out to the yes RSVPs.  I look forward to seeing you there!

I'm still up in the air guys.  It's going to be a last minute decision for me.  Is there anyone wants to meet up earlier and ride for the day?  I'm coming from a longer distance and it would make it more worth my wild................................................

2 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I'm still up in the air guys.  It's going to be a last minute decision for me.  Is there anyone wants to meet up earlier and ride for the day?  I'm coming from a longer distance and it would make it more worth my wild................................................

and then hooking up with the meetup group @ 2? what time you thinking?

7 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Start at 9 or 10, cruise, stop for lunch, meetup at 2?

that sounds good - i'm leaning towards 10 if that's cool. where should we meet? gtown, somewhere on the mall?

2 minutes ago, kour said:

that sounds good - i'm leaning towards 10 if that's cool. where should we meet? gtown, somewhere on the mall?

Gtown is perfect.  I normally park in their lot.  PM me your number so we can text and figure it out.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kour said:

33 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Gtown is perfect.  I normally park in their lot.  PM me your number so we can text and figure it out.

Count me in too!  And I think we're all three of us ACM riders.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kour said:

cool!

yesss, i believe we are... we going for a trifecta?

We're looking for a fourth ACM rider to make us the Four ACM-men of the Apocalypse.

Edited by RichieV
speelingk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RichieV said:

We're looking for a fourth ACM rider to make us the Four ACM-men of the Apocalypse.

While I do own an ACM I will be riding the MSuper because of my large size and extended battery life.  My ACM is the 1300 variant and I don't want to have to stop and charge 5 times.  Sorry to ruin the trifecta.  We can still be the Gotway riders on the storm.

Edited by Acturbo
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

While I do own an ACM I will be riding the MSuper because of my large size and extended battery life.  My ACM is the 1300 variant and I don't want to have to stop and charge 5 times.  Sorry to ruin the trifecta.  We can still be the Gotway riders on the storm.

yah, that's actually why i'm going acm, for the 1600wh. i'm a bit more familiar with my msuper but it's only 820