Washington, DC

RichieV

11 hours ago, Shangotunji said:

@Neil (yanex) Dude. I rode all the way to Glenmont after we parted ways in Silver Spring. I still had 5 green dots at the end of it. Happily, it appears that I was concerned over nothing. ??

@Shangotunji I was surprised also with my kingsong when i got home i still have 78% battery and i check the ride total i ride for 21 miles i cannt believe it but it seems that if you take it easy on how you ride your EUC it makes the difference with the battery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Shangotunji I was surprised also with my kingsong when i got home i still have 78% battery and i check the ride total i ride for 21 miles i cannt believe it but it seems that if you take it easy on how you ride your EUC it makes the difference with the battery.

Yeah, Dude. A little tenderness goes a long way in the range dept. ??

Edited by Shangotunji

The best video ever created for our rides so far.  @Neil (yanex), you should post this to "THE VIDEO THREAD" https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1019-the-video-thread/

On 10/23/2018 at 8:24 AM, Neil (yanex) said:

Short Video From the last Meet up ( Ride the National Mall) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The DCESK8 crew hosted members of the NYC Eboarding Collective here in DC the weekend of November 3.  At one point we had 80+ riders on the street at the same time comprised mostly of electric skateboarders but several EUCers were present as well as some escooters and OneWheelers.   @Tishawn Fahie, a maniac on his Monster 100v, managed to capture some of the weekend's activities (while at the same time out-riding every single one of us) and produced one of his always-entertaining vids which was just released:

Edited by RichieV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

The DCESK8 crew hosted members of the NYC Eboarding Collective here in DC the weekend of November 3.  At one point we had 80+ riders on the street at the same time comprised mostly of electric skateboarders but several EUCers were present as well as some escooters and OneWheelers.   @Tishawn Fahie, a maniac on his Monster 100v, managed to capture some of the weekend's activities (while at the same time out-riding every single one of us) and produced one of his always-entertaining vids which was just released:

Great video capturing some great ride highlights. I almost went to this one too. Missed out this time, but next time though.      ??

Edited by Lutalo

That was a seriously awesome video, I watched the whole thing =D , thanks for sharing. @RichieV, is that you in the white helmet?  Also, those skateboards with the dune buggy wheels are cool, do you know what brand those are?

On 11/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, RichieV said:

So I'm getting a lot of interest by non-EUC, non-esk8, and non-OneWheel riders to join our group rides.  What are people's thoughts on letting people rent one of those e-scooters and join us?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So I'm getting a lot of interest by non-EUC, non-esk8, and non-OneWheel riders to join our group rides.  What are people's thoughts on letting people rent one of those e-scooters and join us?

Not actually sure why we would consider preventing them joining us, or care how they acquire a tool (legality assumed). Makes the groups bigger; the more the merrier. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The more the merrier.  Those scooters are the gateway drug to EUCs.  Just make sure to enforce safe riding habits when they join in the fun.

• Like 2

Hey gang, it came to my attention that the skateboard shop in downtown Bethesda has (among other things of interest) at least 2 kinds of helmets with a jaw, including at least 1 with a windshield.  I wish I had discovered this shop earlier!  When I was looking for a helmet with a chin element, I searched high and low at a dozen bike shops, then I ordered from the internet, but the thing that came was the wrong shape for my head (whole-head helmets are a tighter fit), so I returned it and ordered a different kind, and it was all wrong too, and I returned it and ordered a third one.  What an ordeal!  Why suffer?!  "Bethesda Boards".  Woodmont Ave near the Metro station.  I am not affiliated with the business, but now that I've discovered they're there, I hope they will prosper for as long as I need unicycling gear. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, J.T. said:

That was a seriously awesome video, I watched the whole thing =D , thanks for sharing. @RichieV, is that you in the white helmet?  Also, those skateboards with the dune buggy wheels are cool, do you know what brand those are?

Yes, that's me in the white full-face helmet holding my own in the middle of the pack but not quite keeping pace with the speed demons.

The skateboards with the dune buggy wheels, or all- terrain (AT) wheels, are from several makers; some are even DIY builds.  A couple of the more prominent makers for high-end ($2.5k plus) skateboards which sport those AT wheels are Lacroix and Kaly.NYC.  A number of riders in the video were on one of their offerings.  In terms of performance, they can go just as far and just as fast (or faster) as an EUC but portability is an issue and so is maneuverability.

Ernesto Clark of Kaly.NYC who is based in Brooklyn came down that weekend with some demo units for people to test ride; he's the one in the video showing amazement at his first encounter with DC's infamous jumbo slice.  It seems it was a good move because since then four members of the DCESK8 crew have purchased Kaly skateboards!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo i meet up with this group and ride with them last weekend they are awesome and they have meet up this coming sunday and i'll be there if the weather is good. Check this out. http://meetu.ps/e/G618N/H47Vh/a

This is for one of the DCESK8 crew's meetups.  We are a very active group, many times meeting up for different rides throughout the week; in fact there was a pretty sizeable group ride last night despite the cold weather, though I wasn't able to attend.  There's a lively Telegram group (like an online chat room) which most of the members participate in; here's the link.  If there's an impromptu ride, it'll show up in the chat so I encourage anyone who's interested to join in the Telegram group.  @Neil (yanex), it was nice meeting you on Sunday :D  We definitely need more EUC representation in the crew!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RichieV said:

This is for one of the DCESK8 crew's meetups.  We are a very active group, many times meeting up for different rides throughout the week; in fact there was a pretty sizeable group ride last night despite the cold weather, though I wasn't able to attend.  There's a lively Telegram group (like an online chat room) which most of the members participate in; here's the link.  If there's an impromptu ride, it'll show up in the chat so I encourage anyone who's interested to join in the Telegram group.  @Neil (yanex), it was nice meeting you on Sunday :D  We definitely need more EUC representation in the crew!

Thanks @RichieV im now on telegram. And yup i saw some pic and video from the ride last night i do like to join but location a little far and the time is a little late. Work early morning but anyways i do enjoyed the ride last weekend. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo i meet up with this group and ride with them last weekend they are awesome and they have meet up this coming sunday and i'll be there if the weather is good. Check this out. http://meetu.ps/e/G618N/H47Vh/a

Yeah. that is esk8 that @RichieV rides with. Awesome group,  just pretty far for me for weekday rides. I will have to catch up with this group on a weekend so we can rep EUCs. 😉👍

• 1 month later...

Hey, DMV riders. The DC Glydiators group is live so, please go to meet-up and join. My goal with Glydiators is to connect DMV EUC Enthusiasts by getting together to share events, group rides, wheels, war stories, and then ride some more. 

It's their Capitol, but it's our city so let's take over the streets of the Acropolis for some fun and adventurous city rides. 

If For some reason the provided link doesn't work you should be able to find it by going to Meet-up and typing in Glydiators. If you have a great DMV ride route in mind share it here and we can plan it.

I am thinking of having the Inaugural ride in April with some earlier, more spontaneous get togetherswhenever winter weather permits. I am hoping for wide participation to bring our EUC community together. Esk8bd riders and e-scooter riders are welcome to ride with us anytime. Looking forward to good times Glydiators.

Peace, 

Lutalo 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1