Msuper V3+ 84v 1300wh help needed

Got my Gotway Msuper yesterday and even tough it was raining I still had a good ride home with it.

Can I pick everyone's brains to help me out with a few things.

My alarm sounds when I get to 17km is this correct? It is loud and annoying, can this be turned off?

At what speed does tilt back kick in? I got to 28 KM/PH the beeps got a lot faster as it was loud it made me feel uncomfortable. Anyone know what is a safe top speed?

I just downloaded the app and I can see 3 ride settings what's the difference and which one should I choose? I didn't play with any other settings for now could you guys please suggest what I should use.

I'm with cloths and helmet I am 70 Kilos your reply is greatly appreciated.

Charge it fully before you ride it, turn off second alarm,  powerful mode is the best mode, whenever you hear 4-5 really fast beeps you need to slow down because you are on the brink of a cutoff.

Hi !

Like Shabba said, it's best to fully recharge it before use, wait 1h before unplugging the charger after the red light turns green (to fully balance the battery cells), don't ride too roughly for the first km (for the chemicals), and don't discharge it under 40% the first time.

I would close the first alarm and second alarm (to avoid getting beeps) and set the tilt back at the max speed you would be comfortable with (don't put it above 45kph as it's not safe). The "safe" top speed is 45kph (above there is a risk of the motor not being able to balance you anymore), but always respect the third alarm (80% power). If you don't have heavy protections, I would suggest you not to go above 35kph, and keep a cruising speed at 25kph, but that's up to you but don't go faster than the speed you are comfortable with (the speeds are app speed, which means you are actually going about 4kph slower)

For the ride settings, it's up to you, I would say avoid soft mode which has a latency in it's responsiveness, the two others are fine.

@goodman. You are scaring me.  You have a very powerful wheel and you are asking about its capabilities and pushing to the limit not knowing what will happen?!  
This is very disturbing.:w00t2:  Please understand you machine and don't violate the limits.  The machine will dump you and it will hurt.  I would not ride faster than 12mph without protection. its not about your ability but about the machine. if the machine stops at 20mph, it is very likely you will twist an ankle, knee and major skin loss and possible concussion or death without protection. Learn how to fall and roll. You will need it.

9 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

@goodman. You are scaring me.  You have a very powerful wheel and you are asking about its capabilities and pushing to the limit not knowing what will happen?!  
This is very disturbing.:w00t2:  Please understand you machine and don't violate the limits.  The machine will dump you and it will hurt.  I would not ride faster than 12mph without protection. its not about your ability but about the machine. if the machine stops at 20mph, it is very likely you will twist an ankle, knee and major skin loss and possible concussion or death without protection. Learn how to fall and roll. You will need it.

I'm not totally against getting a powerful wheel as your first one, but I do think that getting the fastest possible maybe isn't the best option first. Especially now when we have wheels that are capable something like 45-60km/h top speeds. At least keep the speed down until you can control the wheel and brake fast and with good control. And wear heavy protection, at least until you really have learned to ride.

There have been some pretty serious injuries (broken bones and such), even with lower speed wheels, but at least so far I personally haven't heard of any fatalities (excluding the guy who got thrown off his hoverboard and was hit by a bus :unsure:, but that wasn't an EUC, so it doesn't count, right? :rolleyes:). But with fast wheels, and guys like this (props to whoever posted it first in the Video thread), it's just a matter of time:

Snow and ice, freeway, speeds up to around 60km/h (well, maybe not when he crashes, but earlier in the video), unless the cars speedometer's wrong, and then faceplant... This guy deserves at least an honorable mention in Darwin Awards ;)

I'm assuming that you're an adult and capable of making your own life decisions. OK, not that that's out of the way...

You have a beast of a machine that's great for all conditions and can ride like the wind. I'm assuming since you bought it instead of an Inmotion, that you want to enjoy the performance.

I ride all of my Gotway wheels:

• First two alarms off
  • Tilt-back off - this is for my safety believe it or not. I never ride my wheels to their absolute speed limits, which is 28mph for your MSuper. 25 feels pretty damn fast on that wheel so you would know it if you were approaching 28mph. If you're approaching top speed and wheel decides to tilt-back and there's not enough power to do the tilt-back it's going to cut-out on you. So that's why I turn tilt-back off
  • Pay attention to the one alarm that you can't turn off. It's it's beeping at you, back off.
  • I ride with full protection

Holy, Holy Lord @Alex_U.  You lost a ton of skin on that spill.  I had a similar spill and my equipment saved me or i would have had as much or more skin donation as you.  @Alex_U that spill gave you a concussion as well.  My helmet save me from a concussion. My chin lost a bit of skin, my nose was irritated and my helmet forehead edge was scraped. so the helmet save my face and possible concussion. But my shin lost, my winter vest was ripped on the stomach area three nylon layers pealed away, my wrist guards where scraped heavily and my knee guards scraped but that is what they are for.  No bruises. so protect or donate skin and brain cells. My kid was horrified but since it was only equipment and minor scrape, they did not confiscated by toy. But they threatened that my toy might disappear one day. LOL. I guess they love me.

Thanks guys for all the advice I definitely will take most of them on. I realised after my machine is fully charged the first alarm doesn't go off till I hit 25kms/ph so I happy with that for now. I'll go and get myself some hand brace and knee pads and try and get more comfortable with this msuper first before I push it more. 

The app is weird every time I turn it and the Msuper on it resets everything back to the original settings.

46 minutes ago, Goodman said:

<snip>

The app is weird every time I turn it and the Msuper on it resets everything back to the original settings.

Uninstall the app. You must have installed their new social app. Install the older app which has no social aspect to it, but it works and your settings are not reset.

Or, use your current app to setup your wheel and then don't use it again. Use one of the 3rd party apps to read the speed and battery levels. If you have an Android phone get the Wheellog app.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Uninstall the app. You must have installed their new social app. Install the older app which has no social aspect to it, but it works and your settings are not reset.

Or, use your current app to setup your wheel and then don't use it again. Use one of the 3rd party apps to read the speed and battery levels. If you have an Android phone get the Wheellog app.

Where can I download the older app on Apple Store?

56 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Where can I download the older app on Apple Store?

Unfortunately Gotway removed the old app from the Apple store (so nice of them). It's been recommended elsewhere that iPhone users go to Walmart where apparently you can buy a $20 Android phone that runs the Gotway app's. Really, any old/cheap Android phone would work. If you aren't willing to do that then you're stuck with what you have.

Archived