Kingsong firmware v1.25

Addwyn

Please do not worry much about pink leds - I have the same - KingSong reported that this may happen, full RGB led color control will be possible with the new Android application - to be released "soon"  (probably around mid March)  Please confirm how Your BT connection works - is it the same or worse?  Is Your wheel recognized easily by the phone?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not yet upgraded to FW 1.25 but I can report/confirm, that since I upgraded from FW 1.22 to 1.23 BT connection from Kingsong or WheelLog Android apps to my KS16 wheel have become a little more tricky. What works in my case is the following procedure:

1. turn on KS16,
  2. turn on Kingsong app and press "SCAN" and then select Kingsong-KS16 BT device, each with a nice, pronounced tap,
  3. adjust lights, limits etc,
  4. exit Kingsong app, disconnect BT connection by switching off BT on the phone,
  5. start WheelLog app, wait until connect (usually instantaneous or max 5 seconds) and configure as required.
  6. turn on BT connection for the speakers using the AUX button on the KS16 and connect to the KS16 audio device via the phone (only required if you want to listen to music from the KS16 built in speakers).

I found the procedure a little strange at first but now I actually like it because since then I have not been able to connect two apps to my KS16 at the same time, which previously posed a security risk.

V1.23 -  for me it used to connect to the KS app and also to wheellog without any issues. Now in version 1.25 I have to use original KS app to "initiate connection" and then I can exit it, start wheellog (or keep both on), and it connects with beep. Connection stays active only as long as I keep the wheel ON. In case I switch it off, and then on again - it will not reconnect to wheellog. Again oryginal application must be started, it shows SCAN, and show devices, I have to manually select the wheel, then it connects, all actions must be performed manually each time. Lets keep fingers crossed that new version of the android application will solve that.

I wonder if its good for KingSong 18A , I look forward for a firmware that allow me to go full speed (30 kmh) until battery level is maybe 20 % or I have to buy more battery and keep it in my backpack , i'm not complaining I just like the way it was before , and there is no way to install older firmware as I know

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

I wonder if its good for KingSong 18A , I look forward for a firmware that allow me to go full speed (30 kmh) until battery level is maybe 20 % or I have to buy more battery and keep it in my backpack , i'm not complaining I just like the way it was before , and there is no way to install older firmware as I know

you can install older firmware...just not that easy and you need to now some IT things....

when they started to implement the speed reduction a forum member has developed  a method to downgrade to 1.18....

you can find it here in the forum

And NO, Only Ks16 is now better on speed reduce....Ks18 stays the same on 1.25!

17 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

you can install older firmware...just not that easy and you need to now some IT things....

when they started to implement the speed reduction a forum member has developed  a method to downgrade to 1.18....

you can find it here in the forum

And NO, Only Ks16 is now better on speed reduce....Ks18 stays the same on 1.25!

Great , thank you  :cheers:

I installed 1.25 on my KS16 today and took it out for a 15 mile ride.  The "Player Mode" setting definitely feels a lot more firm, almost as firm as the Ninebot One P on its firmest setting. I'm a big fan.  My first EUC was a Ninebot and since then everything else has felt a little mushy.  I find that the firmness helps with acceleration, braking, jumping off curbs, navigating sidewalks, and even recovering from the occasional unseen pothole.  Dipping pedals feel less safe to me.

My side lights are orange now.  The only Bluetooth wonkiness that I've observed is that the wheel temporarily disconnected my streaming music once when I connected the KingSong iOS app today.  But it reconnected immediately without requiring manual intervention.  I haven't had any trouble getting the app to connect.

As some of you know i drive a KS18 1200 Watt....and updated from 1.23 to 1.25 i guess 10-12days ago!

Yesterday evening i was able to do a testride, which was - first longer than before, and - second, which started at about 49% Batterie (slightly under 58Volt).

As we all know the 1.23 Version(and some Versions before) will give you a "Speed reduce" when under 50%batterie/under 58 Volt. When i remember it right you get beeps/tiltback at a Speed of 25-28kmh then...

So as the V1.25 Version is known to set the Speed reduce lower for the KS16, and just starting this reduce at 30%/55Volt instead of 50%/58Volt.... i also was not able to Trigger the beeps/tiltback on my KS18 while riding between 35-49% Batterie!!!

Only when my Batterie voltage saged under 30%-33% i got the Speed reduce/beeps to set in!

What i mean is:

For ME yesterday it shows as this better "low Batterie mangement" could been also implemented to the KS18!!! (Even if they say it was only done for KS16)

I have to admit that i did not go 35kmh or even more for These tests.....but i did certain attemps that evening to ride over 28-32kmh and i was NOT able to Trigger the Speed reducing between 35-50%.....what surprised me a bit!

Again, i am not sure if this is the case, and everyone should test that on his KS18 on his own......

Despite that i am more and more sure, they also worked on the motormanagment again....I mean the ride experience was a great step Forward on V1.23, but for me it seams it even got better with 1.25.....and that is: more stable pedals/ride mode....better braking....less "noise/highsounds"...

I was riding my KS18B 1680wh/1200w on the bike path at the beach this morning. When I was at 48% battery (was looking the the app on my iPhone), I was getting constant beeping at about 33kph.  That is with v1.25 firmware. 

I have my 3 beeps set for 35kph and 4 beeps set for 40kph.  I never have actually heard where it only beeps 3 times or just 4 times.  Even on v1.23 firmware, I never heard the 3 or 4 beeps.  I would just start to hear constant beeping at about 34-35 kph.  Even the max speed in my app would show up as 34 or 35 kph. And this is even when I have more 80% battery. 

What does the constant beeping mean? If I hold the speed where the beeping starts, it just constantly beeps until I slow down. 

(I've never experienced any tilt back either.)

Confused. 

Allen

Hi Allen, Is your KS18 need to unlock the max speed like the KS14? My KS14 first alarm is 2 beeps, second alarm is 3 beeps , third alarm is constant beeping , fourth warning is tiltback. Maybe ask ewheels Jason? I'm very soon pulling the trigger for the KS18 myself too.

Peter

45 minutes ago, nbxpq3 said:

Hi Allen, Is your KS18 need to unlock the max speed like the KS14? My KS14 first alarm is 2 beeps, second alarm is 3 beeps , third alarm is constant beeping , fourth warning is tiltback. Maybe ask ewheels Jason? I'm very soon pulling the trigger for the KS18 myself too.

Peter

I've already unlocked the max speed.

1 and 2 beeps are set at '0' and 3 beeps is set at 35kph and 4 beeps is set at 40kph (all suggested by @Jason McNeil.

I don't know why I never hear any "3 beeps" or "4 beeps".  It's just that the constant beeping seems to start right around where I have the "3 beeps" set to.

I'm tempted to set the "3 beeps to 38kph and see what speed I can go before the constant beeping starts.

I think you'll like the KS18. I'm glad that you were able to ride mine some this past weekend.
At the end of the 28-30 mile ride at Griffith Park this past Saturday, I still had about 50% battery; started getting the KingSong speed decrease then.  Even though the speed seems to decrease then, the KS18 will still go about 15-16 mph, which is still pretty good.
(However, this morning I was looking at my app when the constant beeping was happening and it said I was at 48% and it would happen when the app said I was going 32-33kph; so that's about 20mph, which is just a little lower than what my "3 beeps" setting is set to.  And that's with v1.25 firmware installed.)

I went for a 28 mile round trip on the bike path from El Segundo to Pacific Palisades where it ends yesterday and a 18 mile round trip from El Segundo to end of the bike path at Torrance beach today.  I did both rides between 6am - 8am.

Still really confused about the constant beeping happening around the speed that I have the "3 beeps" setting set to.

Allen

(Does any of this make sense @Jason McNeil?)

HELLO I installed the 1.25 and in general it goes correctly, but the connection costs me to do it always, and the operation of the lights has stopped going well. It only lights orange and there is no possibility of configuration. There is no way to disconnect the unicycle from the APP. I have a KS16B

On 3/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, abinder3 said:

Still really confused about the constant beeping happening around the speed that I have the "3 beeps" setting set to.
Allen(Does any of this make sense @Jason McNeil?)

King song say that the audible alarm threshold has been improved on v1.25, on the previous v1.23 the alarms would kick in at 27kph (App Speed) even though set at 35kph. Obviously there's still work to be done here. 

14 hours ago, Xelvic said:

Why would they release this before the app is ready ( mid march)?. Kinda seems like putting the horse before the cart.

Yeah, for me this is also a little bit strange, because I work for an IT vendor.

E.g. upgrading the firmware of a storagesystem before upgrading the management software is an absolute nogo.

Though their wheels are great and the software seems to be thoroughly thought through, sometimes they act not very professional. It would have been better to wait with 1.25 until also the App is ready.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:29 AM, Xelvic said:

Yeah...and... cough cough...it's mid March. Where's the app?!?!

Does anyone know of have this new Kingsong App.  It's past mid March and I haven't heard anything.

50 minutes ago, Clovis said:

Does anyone know of have this new Kingsong App.  It's past mid March and I haven't heard anything.

Stay cool all...

This is typically for the small EUC businesses/Kingsong....last time the app was delayed also...while their still was a new firmware out there.

You are not missing much....

4 hours ago, Flash said:

I blew a fuse today in the forrest , 40A mini blade fuse , wonder if I can use a 50A mini blade instead ? 

I wouldn't advise using a higher amp rated fuse; you might burn something out that way.

Allen

4 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I wouldn't advise using a higher amp rated fuse; you might burn something out that way.

Yes I agree , I hoped there was a large margin , I need to loose some weight , 110 kg now   ;(        :)       

root of the problem was a big root in the forrest

On 3/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, Lukasz said:

To all users of V1.25 firmware - please report if You have issues with BT connection while connecting KS16 to Kingsong app or to the Wheellog app.

I have tested it several times, also restarted the phone, switched of-on the KS16 but there is no improvement: 

In version 1.23 just after the KS16 was turned on it was well “announcing” its presence using BT, and phone could identify the wheel easily and always. This was the same for original KingSong app, and for WheelLog. 

In new version 1.25  - something is wrong with the “announcing” – when You turn the wheel ON it does not propagate its presence using BT interface – so KS16 stays “invisible” for the phone application.  And communication now is not established.  Kingsong App start to show SCAN – however sometimes it finds the KS16 and sometimes NOT.

I have reported it to Kingsong and they say: "

V1.25 , we did't change BT communication, so it should be same as V1.23, also, for the issues you mentioned , must turn phone before app, we also didn't encounter this..."

So please confirm if in Your case

behavior in V1.25 is same or worse than in V1.23 ...

I have similar issue with KS14C (newer board) after upgrade to 1.25. Wheelog connects but doesn't show any data unless I connect with the KS app. Before upgrade it worked like charm.

Thank You for the confirmation,  I hope Kingsong will notice that (however there are maybe other cases where it improved... idk)

In fact first they claimed that they did not touch the BT communication, but later they confirmed "that in fact we used new protocol" and in fact made the communication start more complicated (at least in my case)

This can be noticed by those who used 1.23 with WheelLog a lot and now have to "fight" with 1.25

Moreover - as now  each time it is necessary to choose KS16 in selection below the unneeded "scanner" (which takes almost whole screen) there is no way to start the KS app on the smartwatch  (which would be really nice functionality)  see the pictures below  - KS app starts sand show scanner (no way to select the KS as this is below, and watch is 320x320 pix screen) also WheelLog starts -but can not connect as it needs first KS app to "initiate" communication in 1.25 - anybody around with KS16 firmware V1.23 and the android smartwatch to test it? (like ZGPAX S83) watch, to test Your app to run on 320x320pix Android 5.1 system.

This would be nice functionality as watch is easy to.... watch on.

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/ZGPAX-S83-3G-Smartwatch-Phone-Android-1-54-MTK6580-Quad-Core-8GB-Bluetooth-WiFi-/282283901173?var=&hash=item41b96e80f5:m:mtP-77eERXyJAslSmBv8J8A

20170321_142023.jpg

I didn't test the KS app on smartwatch....as wheellog is the much better choice on Smartwatches in my opinion.

But: After a few test's i gave up on using the 5.1 smartwatch as the General connectivity outside a room, on the watch is much too worse to be useful...(even on my smartwatch).

If KS "just" changed the Bluetooth protocol to the latest Version, i guess they pretty much can not do much to Change that. The behaviour you are getting is mostlikely depending on the phone Hardware you are using.

Perhaps you noticed that there are not So many People complaining about "worse" connectivity...perhaps some of the user might even have a better experience now with their phone with an updated protocol! In my case for example i did not notice any Change at all. Using Iphone 5SE and 6plus....wheellog/9botmetrics/KSapp

Bluetooth, especialy BLE is known to be Buggy and very often depending on Phone Producer implementations, some android Versions have had very big Problems there!

Don't get me wrong, i now this connectivity issues can suck, i just want to Point out that BT wise perhaps not everyone can have the best experience....

Archived