Kingsong firmware v1.25

Addwyn

tmp_20421-IMG_5237.PNG.3101162c7cb62ec5d1157ff6495ed309.PNG-968314096.thumb.png.62565b0f994d6c2042ee3245b604bda9.png

The new KS firmware v1.25 announce a new feature "Turning off unicycle through app".

I upgraded my KS16B with the new v1.25 firmware but nothing have changed in my Android v1.4 app. I didn't find any way to switch off the wheel from the KS app. Is there a new KS Android app (v1.5 ?) to download ? Where ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Addwyn said:

The new KS firmware v1.25 announce a new feature "Turning off unicycle through app".

I upgraded my KS16B with the new v1.25 firmware but nothing have changed in my Android v1.4 app. I didn't find any way to switch off the wheel from the KS app. Is there a new KS Android app (v1.5 ?) to download ? Where ?

There is no new App yet, still 1.4.

But if the mentioned new function should really be used, there MUST be a new App version, maybe it will come in the next days.

However, I uploaded 1.25 because I heard the speed reduction to 25 km/h will now chime in at 30% battery, not at 50%, which sounds good, I'll test that today.

Speaking about the next version of the app after V1.4 - it would be great to see language improvements - current English descriptions are far from perfect.

ALSO - In case there are language versions planned - I can make translation of the descriptions into Polish language if needed.

After a 32 km circle today I can say that the KS16 feels stiffer now than before.

It is easier to ride on bumpy surface like meadows, and also in curves, because the forward tilting disappeared or is at least minor than before. It took some time until I got used to it, but I think I prefer it the way it is now.

It is true, that the speed reduction to 25 km/h now chimes in somewhere between 20% and 30% battery capacity, and not at 50%, but of course this has also a disadvantage: The range suffers. At least for me, because I'm used to cruise mostly at speedlimit.

Though I could finish my circle faster today than usual, and also the average speed was higher, the remaining kilometers were in the single digits, while with FW1.23 before they were always in the dual digits.

Nothing to worry about, just something to remember if you mostly cruise at the speedlimit.

7 hours ago, Edmund Emmanuel Lim said:

Anyone experience any issues with the led lights after upgrading to v1.25? My friend's KS16, after upgrade, led lights only shows orange colour. 

No, I don't have this issue.  Which LED  lights are orange only, the lowest three, or all ?

10 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

After a 32 km circle today I can say that the KS16 feels stiffer now than before.

I have to say that on my testrides with my KS18 i got this Feeling also: The braking was a lot better...and in General it felt again a bit stiffer.

But i wasn't to sure about that, as this is "Feeling" and can sometimes be just wishful thinking :-)

It is true, that the speed reduction to 25 km/h now chimes in somewhere between 20% and 30% battery capacity, and not at 50%,

That's great News! time to get a KS16S now for me :-)

It is easier to ride on bumpy surface like meadows, and also in curves, because the forward tilting disappeared or is at least minor than before. It took some time until I got used to it, but I think I prefer it the way it is now.

It is true, that the speed reduction to 25 km/h now chimes in somewhere between 20% and 30% battery capacity, and not at 50%, but of course this has also a disadvantage: The range suffers. At least for me, because I'm used to cruise mostly at speedlimit.

Though I could finish my circle faster today than usual, and also the average speed was higher, the remaining kilometers were in the single digits, while with FW1.23 before they were always in the dual digits.

Nothing to worry about, just something to remember if you mostly cruise at the speedlimit.

No, I don't have this issue.  Which LED  lights are orange only, the lowest three, or all ?

Hi, All the lights are orange . 

Afaik new application for the phone is needed to control colors  - see beta below, it is expected to be available soon.

32 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I have to say that on my testrides with my KS18 i got this Feeling also: The braking was a lot better...and in General it felt again a bit stiffer.

But i wasn't to sure about that, as this is "Feeling" and can sometimes be just wishful thinking :-)

That's great News! time to get a KS16S now for me :-)

I wait for the KS16S too! (while still being quite happy with regular KS16C) So far I had not seen single review, unboxing, nor other reliable data that KS16S has been in fact released What seems to be interesting from partially known information: 

- 1200W & 840Wh (obviously), new PCB

- better front /back lights (anybody knows details?)

- magnesium pedals (with higher angle so less prone to scratching)

- grip on the pedals

Do You have more confirmed data / full specs and release date?

39 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

I wait for the KS16S too! (while still being quite happy with regular KS16C) So far I had not seen single review, unboxing, nor other reliable data that KS16S has been in fact released What seems to be interesting from partially known information: 

- 1200W & 840Wh (obviously), new PCB

- better front /back lights (anybody knows details?)

- magnesium pedals (with higher angle so less prone to scratching)

- grip on the pedals

Do You have more confirmed data / full specs and release date?

They are in production now, you can preorder them on KS France or 1Radwerkstatt.de and you can even order the kS16 on aliexpress(but on ali only in 680wh version, as KS's stupid "premium Export" ideology does not allow the 840wh in China itself...at the Moment :-) )....

There have also been improvements on board, mosfets etc ...look in the doc

KS-16S improvements based on KS-16 (1).pdf

Yes,  in production... , but no single "unboxing" nor review up till now. I know this pdf, and I know the pre-order options from KS France, however I would like to see full set of features in the "confirmed" way before I buy the next unit. 

BTW I have upgraded to 1.25, and for now side leds are in orange - minimal set of 3 leds rotating pattern. I do not care about the side leds, so no problem for me at the moment, but looking forward for the new software to be released - any news when?

11 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Yes,  in production... , but no single "unboxing" nor review up till now. I know this pdf, and I know the pre-order options from KS France, however I would like to see full set of features in the "confirmed" way before I buy the next unit. 

Here:

http://www.1radwerkstatt.de/

In the News there he is talking about Color (black matte or silver matte), some technical specs and delivery date (around 13.3)....

For me there is no reason, why any of the Features should not come to real life....

For the app: As always this will be a Long waiting game....for iphone users even more...

Unfortunately I see the reasons....  

I have just noticed that after the upgrade to V1.25  the wheel does not want to reconnect to the wheelog app any more - before it was automatically connecting with no issues to my Galaxy Note4 phone, now - when You switch the wheel off - and on again - it will not connect any more to wheelog. Oryginal (not so pretty) KS app must be starter, and only after it reconnect to the wheel - wheelog can connect again.  I understand that this is 3rd party software - but before it was connecting nicely always with no issues, and now it DOES NOT.

also - in V1.23  - wheel was easily discovered by phone immediately after it has been turned on - now from time to time it does not show up - so BT communication had been modified in some way.

This is also an issue with the original  app - wheel must be turned on BEFORE the software - if in other sequence - software show SCAN , and sometimes it does not find the wheel BT

So - Dear KINGSONG - please publish new application, or check the BT communication for changes/new bugs in V1.25

As the short summary this is not only the problem of the orange lights.  Those small bugs worry a lot, as we have no knowledge if big (safety related) bugs had been shaken out or not. IT IS DEADLY dangerous to fall on the asphalt at 30km/h !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where to find this wheelog app? 

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Unfortunately I see the reasons....  

I have just noticed that after the upgrade to V1.25  the wheel does not want to reconnect to the wheelog app any more - before it was automatically connecting with no issues to my Galaxy Note4 phone, now - when You switch the wheel off - and on again - it will not connect any more to wheelog. Oryginal (not so pretty) KS app must be starter, and only after it reconnect to the wheel - wheelog can connect again.  I understand that this is 3rd party software - but before it was connecting nicely always with no issues, and now it DOES NOT.

also - in V1.23  - wheel was easily discovered by phone immediately after it has been turned on - now from time to time it does not show up - so BT communication had been modified in some way.

This is also an issue with the original  app - wheel must be turned on BEFORE the software - if in other sequence - software show SCAN , and sometimes it does not find the wheel BT

So - Dear KINGSONG - please publish new application, or check the BT communication for changes/new bugs in V1.25

As the short summary this is not only the problem of the orange lights.  Those small bugs worry a lot, as we have no knowledge if big (safety related) bugs had been shaken out or not. IT IS DEADLY dangerous to fall on the asphalt at 30km/h !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where to find this wheelog app?

I updated my KS18 1200w 1360ah successfully to V1.25.

I don't feel any great difference to V1.23, maybe the braking behaviour seems to have become better as @KingSong69 already had mentioned but this opinion may have been influenced.:lol:

20 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Yes, this is true.

Bluetooth connectivity is now a liitle bit tricky, and must be done as mentioned by Lukasz above, otherwise it will not work.

I had the same troubles, both with Wheellog and the KS App (1.4).

Main problem for me is, that when I turn the wheel off and on again, then it does not automatically reconnect to Wheellog as before, there is now manual intervention required.

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Yes, this is true.

Bluetooth connectivity is now a liitle bit tricky, and must be done as mentioned by Lukasz above, otherwise it will not work.

I had the same troubles, both with Wheellog and the KS App (1.4).

Main problem for me is, that when I turn the wheel off and on again, then it does not automatically reconnect to Wheellog as before, there is now manual intervention required.

When this is the only Problem with the actual Firmware...i am happy...and take the better Speed Performance for that!

btw.  I had the mentioned Problems also on older Firmware Versions with wheellog(smartwatch android) and 9bmetrics(iphone6plus).... i really guess it depends on Phone and it's ecosystem what you get....

Perhaps they have optimezed the Bluetooth Connection for certain phones/ecosystem as i had have no Problems with the KS app now on my KS18 with 1.25...

(Not yet tried 9botmetrics)

Hi Kingsong69, your KS18 with V1.25 has better speed limiter now? Still can do full speed after 50% battery? That is the main stopper for my to pull the trigger to pay for a KS18 1680wh.

1 hour ago, nbxpq3 said:

Hi Kingsong69, your KS18 with V1.25 has better speed limiter now? Still can do full speed after 50% battery? That is the main stopper for my to pull the trigger to pay for a KS18 1680wh.

Nope!!! As said here the new Speed Limit only works for KS16!

on KS18 there will be a drop of Speed from 58Volt on.....which is around 45% i guess.....

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

When this is the only Problem with the actual Firmware...i am happy...and take the better Speed Performance for that!

btw.  I had the mentioned Problems also on older Firmware Versions with wheellog(smartwatch android) and 9bmetrics(iphone6plus).... i really guess it depends on Phone and it's ecosystem what you get....

Perhaps they have optimezed the Bluetooth Connection for certain phones/ecosystem as i had have no Problems with the KS app now on my KS18 with 1.25...

(Not yet tried 9botmetrics)

Safety and riding performance is the key aspect of course, however "optimization" through making BT connection in Android unreliable somehow does not seems to be OK to me. So - unless this has specific reason to make it in this way - dear Kingsong - please revert the BT communication back to the same way as it was done in V1.23  

To all users of V1.25 firmware - please report if You have issues with BT connection while connecting KS16 to Kingsong app or to the Wheellog app.

I have tested it several times, also restarted the phone, switched of-on the KS16 but there is no improvement: 

In version 1.23 just after the KS16 was turned on it was well “announcing” its presence using BT, and phone could identify the wheel easily and always. This was the same for original KingSong app, and for WheelLog. 

In new version 1.25  - something is wrong with the “announcing” – when You turn the wheel ON it does not propagate its presence using BT interface – so KS16 stays “invisible” for the phone application.  And communication now is not established.  Kingsong App start to show SCAN – however sometimes it finds the KS16 and sometimes NOT.

I have reported it to Kingsong and they say: "

V1.25 , we did't change BT communication, so it should be same as V1.23, also, for the issues you mentioned , must turn phone before app, we also didn't encounter this..."

So please confirm if in Your case

behavior in V1.25 is same or worse than in V1.23 ...

Upgraded my KS16 to v1.25 ..... and now the most of led lights are  pink, a faint pink !!!  No more blue red green yellow.  So I shut off definitively.

Is it possible that every new firmware version solves a issue and adds a new one?   :angry:

Archived