Outcome of US presidential election and EUC

EUCMania

Trump promised to put a tariff about 40% on Chinese imports. If he wins the election, what should EUC community in US do to avoid such punitive tariff? There are these counter measures:

1. Distributors in US stock more EUCs before the tariff is imposed. But this is just a short term solution.

2. Distributors move to US/Canadian border to take advantage of the freedom of shopping across the border or the porous border. 

3. Move the manufacture of EUC to US. But I do not think this is possible due to the high cost, especially the liability insurance or legal expenses for EUC makers. If they do move to here, the product may cost as much as Solowheel or Segway. Oh I forgot the patent wars.

What do you think?

4 hours ago, EUCMania said:

2. Distributors move to US/Canadian border to take advantage of the freedom of shopping across the border or the porous border. 

Isn't Trump going to build a wall along the Canadian border - and make Canada pay for it?  :P

4 hours ago, EUCMania said:

Trump promised to put a tariff about 40% on Chinese imports. If he wins the election, what should EUC community in US do to avoid such punitive tariff? There are these counter measures:

1. Distributors in US stock more EUCs before the tariff is imposed. But this is just a short term solution.

3. Move the manufacture of EUC to US. But I do not think this is possible due to the high cost, especially the liability insurance or legal expenses for EUC makers. If they do move to here, the product may cost as much as Solowheel or Segway. Oh I forgot the patent wars.

What do you think?

only if a similar product is made here

NONE ARE

not an issue with EUCs

NOT a political statement... never said for WHOM I'd vote.. as if EITHER OF THEM WERE DESERVED of ANYONE'S effort to vote, sadly

31 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Isn't Trump going to build a wall along the Canadian border - and make Canada pay for it?  :P

aren't we all moving there IF he wins?

Ninebot/segway will win if Trump is elected, because 9B/Segway has facilities in US to start making 9Bs quickly. Of course, in that case, NB1s' price will go up by at least 30%. Oh, wait, where can Segway find extra workers? The unemployment rate is low and not enough illegal immigrants around, unless you hire those live on welfare  who have bad work ethics. 

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:
2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Isn't Trump going to build a wall along the Canadian border - and make Canada pay for it? 

aren't we all moving there IF he wins?

Unless Canada gets in first and build the wall themselves! 

8 hours ago, EUCMania said:

What do you think?

I think whoever wins will not screw up the world economy that badly.  The politicians always make promises to appeal to people, but I hope they would not keep some of them.  Someone at work told me Hillary wants to reduce the number of big trucks and increase the shipment of goods by train.  That's almost the same as some retailer saying they will deliver with drones, sounds good but I'll believe that when I see it.:huh::unsure:

What is a tariff anyway?  I think it means some kind of tax or something but it's something I think I know what it means but really don't.  Is a tariff good for us and bad for them, or what?  It sounds like an attack on the Chinese, and I like the Chinese.  But maybe the Chinese are making too much money from us.  Well, I buy Chinese made goods all the time.  Remember when the Japanese had the same thing happen to them, people worried that they were making cars and motorcycles with too much quality, American products started to look inferior.

It's almost like some one is trying to drive up prices to make money.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Unless Canada gets in first and build the wall themselves! 

We are the Mexico of the North!  B)  The Canadian peso is worth 74 cents US.  :(   We can build that wall, pay for it (government make work project), and then sell over-priced, made in China, relabelled Made in Canada ladders to the US so they can climb over to escape here!  That sounds like a HUGE plan!  :w00t2:

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

We are the Mexico of the North!  B)  The Canadian peso is worth 74 cents US.  :(   We can build that wall, pay for it (government make work project), and then sell over-priced, made in China, relabelled Made in Canada ladders to the US so they can climb over to escape here!  That sounds like a HUGE plan!  :w00t2:

OMG...Canada build a wall? Heck it takes 2,000,000 Torontonians just to screw in a light bulb! One to do it and the other 1,999,999 to proclaim it's the greatest event in the history of creation, a world- class bulb screwing:laughbounce2:

Did you say huge?

IMG_0431.JPG

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

OMG...Canada build a wall? Heck it takes 2,000,000 Torontonians just to screw in a light bulb! One to do it and the other 1,999,999 to proclaim it's the greatest event in the history of creation, a world- class bulb screwing:laughbounce2:

Did you say huge?

IMG_0431.JPG

YUGE

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Did you say huge?

IMG_0431.JPG

This image should be deleted , he is very ugly and offensive to me , he bought land in Scotland and destroyed peoples private houses at the beach to build a golfcourse , he is one of the richest people on this planet but will steal all the money for himself if he is elected as president , he also complain when poor hungry people stuff pancakes in their mouth , he don't even want people to have food so they can eat , he is an idiot and this is an euc forum....  :blink1:

50 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Just a joke Flash! Easy buddy!

It was sarcasm.  Well at least the part about "This image should be deleted".

1 hour ago, FLASH said:

This image should be deleted , he is very ugly and offensive to me , he bought land in Scotland and destroyed peoples private houses at the beach to build a golfcourse , he is one of the richest people on this planet but will steal all the money for himself if he is elected as president , he also complain when poor hungry people stuff pancakes in their mouth , he don't even want people to have food so they can eat , he is an idiot and this is an euc forum....  :blink1:

I have reinstated your thread.  Please stop.  :crying:

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

It was sarcasm.  Well at least the part about "This image should be deleted".

I have reinstated your thread.  Please stop.  :crying:

Thank you Sire , an act from an true gentlemen  , may the gods of wheels be with you   B)

Archived