Jump to content

MSuper V3 Mods


SuperSport
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, zlymex said:

By my comparison, V3 has 8% more top speed than V2 high speed version, and has 15% more torque at low speed than V2 MS version.

So far, I've modified my V3/820Wh for 
 - pedal extension
 - pedal up swing 
 - cut of lower edge of the right case/shell for more comfort tire inflation, 
 - add an internal fan(5V 1W), 
 - add a precision current sensor(max 80A), 
 - add 410Wh internal batteries(32 cells of NCR18650GA, same as original)

Awesome!  Do you have any photos you can share?  So, did you up yours to 1640Wh with the Battery Upgrades?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

What size, is it 2.5?

Hey @MaxLinux - I don't know if the 22" is different from the 18", but that is a 2.5" tyre. 

These non-holtz riders seem to think that this "wide" tyre is new and exciting... But we know that 2.5" has always been great!!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @zlymex for the photos.  That's a bit of work you put in there.  Looks great!  With the batteries being on the lower side, I'm guessing it does not make the wheel feel unbalanced much if at all?

I love that there is so much room down there on that side.  It leaves me space to do some other mods I'd like to do.  Maybe Bluetooth Speaker, or Built In Charger, or???  I don't use speakers for music, but I do like them for GPS directions on longer trips.

PS:  Good idea on the second wrap on the cells.  Nice Preventative Measure.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I hate to admit this, but I already finished the Headlight Upgrade (I rushed it due to time constraints so I didn't take the time I wish I had to pick a more suitable donor light).  While it is MUCH brighter, I think I won't find an optimal light for this purpose.  Unfortunately, the light is simply too low to work perfectly as I had hoped.  It does light the road a LOT better than the original, but the angle is such that it's no where near as good as a headlamp on my helmet.  Photos and video are in First Post above.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

So, I hate to admit this, but I already finished the Headlight Upgrade (I rushed it due to time constraints so I didn't take the time I wish I had to pick a more suitable donor light).  While it is MUCH brighter, I think I won't find an optimal light for this purpose.  

Did you measured the current of the new light? I measured the current of the original LED as 0.435A, much lower than my EDC torch(max 2A), but already running very hot at the metal ring. I believe there is heat dissipation is not very good for the build-in headlight.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zlymex said:

Did you measured the current of the new light? I measured the current of the original LED as 0.435A, much lower than my EDC torch(max 2A), but already running very hot at the metal ring. I believe there is heat dissipation is not very good for the build-in headlight.

that doesn't sound very good.... at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2016 at 6:40 AM, zlymex said:

Did you measured the current of the new light? I measured the current of the original LED as 0.435A, much lower than my EDC torch(max 2A), but already running very hot at the metal ring. I believe there is heat dissipation is not very good for the build-in headlight.

No, did not measure it.  I'm sure it's pulling more, but I have not had a chance to ride it enough to test for heat.  When I get more time, I'll check that stuff out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2016 at 8:52 AM, zlymex said:

By my comparison, V3 has 8% more top speed than V2 high speed version, and has 15% more torque at low speed than V2 MS version.

So far, I've modified my V3/820Wh for 
 - pedal extension
 - pedal up swing 
 - cut of lower edge of the right case/shell for more comfort tire inflation, 
 - add an internal fan(5V 1W), 
 - add a precision current sensor(max 80A), 
 - add 410Wh internal batteries(32 cells of NCR18650GA, same as original)

Have you documented your mods in a video or somewhere else online?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Duf said:

Have you documented your mods in a video or somewhere else online?

No video. I cannot upload nor watch videos on youtube/vimeo. This is the place I described the most for my mods.

There are other places I describe my mods of earlier models online but in Chinese
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1991&extra=page%3D1
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3355&extra=page%3D1
http://www.znphc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7889&extra=page%3D1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/10/22 at 8:38 PM, SuperSport said:

Thanks @zlymex for the photos.  That's a bit of work you put in there.  Looks great!  With the batteries being on the lower side, I'm guessing it does not make the wheel feel unbalanced much if at all?

I love that there is so much room down there on that side.  It leaves me space to do some other mods I'd like to do.  Maybe Bluetooth Speaker, or Built In Charger, or???  I don't use speakers for music, but I do like them for GPS directions on longer trips.

Thanks. I don't get any unbalanced feeling when riding. The build-in charger may be difficult being the spare room is very thin.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, zlymex said:

The build-in charger may be difficult being the spare room is very thin.

Yeah, but I don't mind modifying the charger layout a bit to make it fit.  We'll see if I can get something to work or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...