MSuper V3 Mods

SuperSport

23 minutes ago, Donafello said:

So the two bars are for safety to lock nut in place?

No.  When you tighten the nut, those two bars are forced tighter against the driveshaft.  This is how it holds it all together.  There is a flat spot on the shaft that those bars press against.  The NineBot has TWO additional Locking Mechanisms in place that could easily be implemented on the MSuper.  The nut has a locking back, and there are those little square keys on the floor being removed at 4:37.  You will see him put them back in later in the following video.  Here is a good video to explain the bars better (Start at 6:55):

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

No.  When you tighten the nut, those two bars are forced tighter against the driveshaft.  This is how it holds it all together.  There is a flat spot on the shaft that those bars press against.  The NineBot has TWO additional Locking Mechanisms in place that could easily be implemented on the MSuper.  The nut has a locking back, and there are those little square keys on the floor being removed at 4:37.  You will see him put them back in later in the following video.  Here is a good video to explain the bars better (Start at 6:55):

GOT IT

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if that pinstripe can be replaced with some El wire...

Funny you mention that.  I'm installing Blue EL Wire today as a matter of fact.  In those same grooves that I painted.  During the day, it will still have the blue look, but at night, will be TRON'ish.  :w00t2:

I'll report back when completed.

IMG_0557.jpg

Ok, finished!  I didn't do a good tutorial of this one, sorry.   I was playing it by ear as I went along.

It's wired into my USB circuit for power and I added a very small switch under the Trolley Handle.

EL_Lights.jpg

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Niiice.... :thumbup:  Need to add in some Bluetooth speakers, swap in a sound control power supply for the EL wire, and do some night time boogie riding.  :popcorn:

For sure!  I'm planning to add a built in Charger for the main battery next, then if there's room, I might add Bluetooth.

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There is also EL vinyl wrap and paint apparently.  Quite cool.

Yeah, I like that, but the paint is really expensive and is a bit of a process to apply.  Not terrible, but takes some layers.

Wouldn't that be fun though?  Gosh, what I could do with all that...

Super.  Cool.  Supercool!   :clap3: 

Hey I wonder if lining the inner rim of the shells looping around the wheel well areas with another EL wire would give a neat underglow effect and light up the wheel a bit.  Maybe LED strips would be brighter though...  I think Gotway posted up a photo of that mod which lit the wheel up quite a bit underneath.  It gave the wheel a neat glow.

EDIT: Found it...

27 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey I wonder if lining the inner rim of the shells looping around the wheel well areas with another EL wire would give a neat underglow effect and light up the wheel a bit.  Maybe LED strips would be brighter though...

Yeah, I think LED would be better for that. These aren't too bright. 

12 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Now that is really cool.  What is the current draw on those EL lights?  You're going to have the best looking V3 no doubt.

I'm not sure exact draw. I know they run off of two AA batteries for 8+ hours, so not too much. 

I really like the Lamborghini Orange V3, but that paint job is a little rich for my blood. ?

On 30/11/2016 at 4:15 PM, 16bitSprite said:

Not sure if it counts as a mod, but here is a wrap I did on my MSuperV3s 1600.

Tried to keep with my username's theme

IMG_20161130_161130.jpg

IMG_20161130_161144.jpg

Where did you get it done? I was looking into wraps in Adelaide for my new KS14D

Archived