Best Choice for Ninebot One Series to buy at the moment

z3n

Hi guys,

After reading a lot of the latest news and updated info including your great posts about Ninebot One Products, it makes me wondering which Series of Ninebot One is really considered to be Best Choice for buying at the moment.

Which one would you guys choose between Ninebot One P / Ninebot One S2 / Ninebot One E+ if you happen to needing to buy one for now?

Considering all three of them are available in the market and all brand new in the box with official 1 year guarantee from Ninebot.

Thank you for your time and reply. :)

Best regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Personally, after their treatment of their distributors and anyone having previously purchased a Ninebot from a distributor (I heard they were not honoring warranties), I wouldn't purchase another Ninebot.

BUT

Even without that I found my E+ very lacking in the speed and the distance I wanted to travel.

I ride along a nearby canal a lot and with the E+ was pretty much constantly at the edge of the speed limit with the pedals tilting back which caused discomfort. Also with how much fun & easy it is to ride an EUC (I also have mobility issues and don't drive) I found myself wanting to be able to ride much further than my E+ could take me.

After looking around at what was available I opted for the Gotway ACM 16" which has a 1500w motor and 820wh battery! The extra power means I can fly up hills, also I never get to the maximum speed as I seem to cruise along at around 14mph (max speed of my E+) and along the canal generally hit 20mph maximum though have hit 24mph.

The extra battery size has taken me 25 miles on a single charge (it may be more for lighter people travelling slower on more flat ground) and I have to admit I want to go further so may be opting for the 1640wh version of the Gotway MSuper V3 which has the same motor as the ACM but an 18" wheel. lol

I commute to and from work, pop to the shops, go for general cruises and out for rides with my daughters while they're riding their bicycles.

I'm sorry if I haven't answered your question and you definitely want to opt for a Ninebot. This is just my opinion although EUC's being immense fun is an opinion that seems to be shared by pretty much every EUC owner/rider. :) 

I started on a ninebot one, and was hooked on EUC the moment I stepped on it. I maybe even was hooked before I bought it, because the day after I discovered something like an EUC existed, I bought my first one.

In my opinion, the nb1 is a very good starter wheel. But, if the EUC is something that you fall in love with, you will want a next wheel (to go farther and/or quicker). 

There is not that much difference in the nb1 wheels. The evolution of the nb1 wheels is towards: a bit more range, a bit quicker, a bit more use comfort (e.g. handle).

The selling points for nb1 in my opinion:
- looks (if you care for that)
- reliability (but be cautious with firmware updates)
- its weight - you easy take it with you on trains, cars, buses

I keep my nb1 as a backup wheel, but some ppl may offer it second hand. It depends on what kind of person you are, but I predict you will want your "next" wheel after your starter wheel. If not, your wheel may end up gathering dust for weeks on end.

Therefore, just consider it, you could buy a pre loved nb1. 

It will save much money. It will give you the good learning experience. You will know what you want/need from your next wheel.

2 hours ago, z3n said:

Hi guys,

After reading a lot of the latest news and updated info including your great posts about Ninebot One Products, it makes me wondering which Series of Ninebot One is really considered to be Best Choice for buying at the moment.

Which one would you guys choose between Ninebot One P / Ninebot One S2 / Ninebot One E+ if you happen to needing to buy one for now?

Considering all three of them are available in the market and all brand new in the box with official 1 year guarantee from Ninebot.

Thank you for your time and reply. :)

Best regards,

Richard

I wouldn't consider P as it's not reliable...

E+ or S2 is your choice - same range/speed, different weigth and design.

Or, take a look at Inmotion V5F+ or V8 (coming soon)

32 minutes ago, cloudust said:

If you were a beginner, I would suggest One E+. Once you are more familiar with EUC, maybe One S2.

The problem with this method is some people don't have hundreds of $$ spare to be able to upgrade "once familiar". Also with the Ninebot range there isn't a big enough change in spec to warrant spending hundreds more.

Had I known before purchasing my Ninebot how much I would live riding EUC's I would have instantly gone for a Gotway or Kingsong with MUCh bigger battery.

My two cents, A E+ can go only 12miles/20Km before the thing tilts back slows you down to 7mph/10kph.  That gives you 1 hour of riding at speed 12-14mph/20-24kph before a long beer/Tea recharge,  Or you can carry a extra battery.  A S2 is 14in tire limits you to paved surfaces, not real good for off paste.  You can buy a Gotway of KS and go scary fast and never have to recharge, and you can ride in stereo for twice the price.

One thing I've notice with the KS16 peddles are way to low and riders tend to scrape them while riding.

Disclaimer:  Not sure if you are just starting out or buying an upgraded wheel.

Everyone has good input.  If money is an issue, the E+ is a good choice.  I personally do want a longer range wheel, but it's going to cost me $1300 for an ACM or $1700 for the MSuper v3.  If you have $1300, then the ACM is a good choice.  But, in a smaller budget, I don't think you can beat the E+.  The S2 is cute, and sounds like a nice riding wheel, but it's not for starting out on.  The E+ is a tank as far as taking a beating (Cover it while learning to prevent it from being too beat up and ugly).  People are REALLY hard on their E+'s and they keep running (See example video below).  If you buy from a Certified Distributor, then warranty is good.  The S2 is too pretty and slippery to be a good starter wheel.  It also does not take curbs and bumps as well.

I too have the issues with the company, NIneBot, that @TremF mentions, but that's sort of how Chinese companies do business.  It would need to be a personal choice about that.

Here is an example of someone that learned on the NineBot E+.  Watch the videos in order to see what you are getting into (IF you are new to this).  He did a good job of logging how it went.

The member name is @Duf, and here is the thread (look for his posts in there): 

7 hours ago, TremF said:

After looking around at what was available I opted for the Gotway ACM 16" which has a 1500w motor and 820wh battery! The extra power means I can fly up hills, also I never get to the maximum speed as I seem to cruise along at around 14mph (max speed of my E+) and along the canal generally hit 20mph maximum though have hit 24mph.

The extra battery size has taken me 25 miles on a single charge (it may be more for lighter people travelling slower on more flat ground) and I have to admit I want to go further so may be opting for the 1640wh version of the Gotway MSuper V3 which has the same motor as the ACM but an 18" wheel. lol

Thanks @TremF, I have considered Gotway and Kingsong as well, but I don't think there is any of them I like so far. Maybe I'm just too shallow to appreciate their "Inner Beauties", LOL :D

5 hours ago, johrhoj said:

I keep my nb1 as a backup wheel, but some ppl may offer it second hand. It depends on what kind of person you are, but I predict you will want your "next" wheel after your starter wheel. If not, your wheel may end up gathering dust for weeks on end.

Therefore, just consider it, you could buy a pre loved nb1. 

It will save much money. It will give you the good learning experience. You will know what you want/need from your next wheel.

Thanks @johrhoj, I get it. I guess I would be doing the same too, since Ninebot One hasn't been able to keep up with what people need to ride on.

5 hours ago, Vik's said:

I wouldn't consider P as it's not reliable...

E+ or S2 is your choice - same range/speed, different weigth and design.

Or, take a look at Inmotion V5F+ or V8 (coming soon)

Thanks @Vik's, Great info! Might consider buying Inmotion instead. :)

4 hours ago, cloudust said:

If you were a beginner, I would suggest One E+. Once you are more familiar with EUC, maybe One S2.

Thanks @cloudust,

But I am kind of looking for a EUC with enough quality and durability to last for quite some time, but thanks anyway. Seems like E+ is still preferably than S2.

1 hour ago, Bay Surfer said:

My two cents, A E+ can go only 12miles/20Km before the thing tilts back slows you down to 7mph/10kph.  That gives you 1 hour of riding at speed 12-14mph/20-24kph before a long beer/Tea recharge,  Or you can carry a extra battery.  A S2 is 14in tire limits you to paved surfaces, not real good for off paste.  You can buy a Gotway of KS and go scary fast and never have to recharge, and you can ride in stereo for twice the price.

One thing I've notice with the KS16 peddles are way to low and riders tend to scrape them while riding.

Thanks @Bay Surfer, I guess I really might consider Inmotion Series then.

12 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Disclaimer:  Not sure if you are just starting out or buying an upgraded wheel.

Everyone has good input.  If money is an issue, the E+ is a good choice.  I personally do want a longer range wheel, but it's going to cost me $1300 for an ACM or $1700 for the MSuper v3.  If you have $1300, then the ACM is a good choice.  But, in a smaller budget, I don't think you can beat the E+.  The S2 is cute, and sounds like a nice riding wheel, but it's not for starting out on.  The E+ is a tank as far as taking a beating (Cover it while learning to prevent it from being too beat up and ugly).  People are REALLY hard on their E+'s and they keep running (See example video below).  If you buy from a Certified Distributor, then warranty is good.  The S2 is too pretty and slippery to be a good starter wheel.  It also does not take curbs and bumps as well.

I too have the issues with the company, NIneBot, that @TremF mentions, but that's sort of how Chinese companies do business.  It would need to be a personal choice about that.

Wow... thanks @SuperSport for your informative reply. Didn't know before that E+ is that tough, LOL. It's going to be my first wheel, so I'm kinda want to buy one which could last for some time with acceptable quality and durability. :)

Thank you so much guys for these really informative replies. All of you have been really helpful. No Ninebots for now, LOL.

@z3n I want to give my 2 Cents, also:

Take into consideration, that once you have learned to ride AND feel relaxed while doing(4-8weeks)...you will be addicted to riding EUC's. :-) You will be..Point!

From my own experience i can say that a 340wh Batterie is very fast to limited...think about that when the Batterie is under a specific Level (lower than 30%) each wheel is not in the mood for heavy usage anymore, so from the 340wh you will normally only use 220 or something like that...

Also now you may think 20km/h is enough....but believe me...once you are addicted...everyone is in the Need for Speed!:ph34r:

I started with a KS14c with 340wh...and got it upgraded to 680wh just after 6 weeks....

...meanwhile (now) i have an KS18 1200W with 1360 Watthour :-) and just sold my KS16 (but just because the stupid airplane Batterie restrictions)

And...i am thinking of buying an MSuper3...to step up my car (wheel) park!

And that all --- after i thought in February/March: a 14inch 340wh wheel is way more than enough and will for all time be good :-)

So my tip would be:

Dont ever buy a wheel under 480wh or better 680wh (so at least Inmotion v5f+)

Dont take a wheel that is to slow(so at least Inmotion v5f+)

Better add a good amount of reserves to all of it....(so at least a KS16 or Gotway ACM)

But otherwise...we will talk in 2 months again B)

Thanks for using me as a good example of how tough the E+ is.  I am quite honestly amazed it still works after all the impacts I put it through learning the hard way.  I thought the same thing about the S2, too pretty to learn on and lack of any side pads made no sense.  I have since discovered that you can buy a pad set for the S2 that makes the wheel much more beginner friendly while keeping the wheel good looking.  2016-Original-NINEBOT-ONE-S2-A1-Protecti

Last night I rode a total of 8 mile on my E+ so I am definitely progressing although I am nowhere close to being good.  I just don't crash much anymore. :)

1 hour ago, Duf said:

Thanks for using me as a good example of how tough the E+ is. 

Believe my, you are not the only one, just the one I knew had a good video log of it happening.  I've seen wheels in MUCH worse shape than yours. ;) 

Your Videos will be Very Much appreciated by newbies.

22 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Take into consideration, that once you have learned to ride AND feel relaxed while doing(4-8weeks)...you will be addicted to riding EUC's. :-) You will be..Point!

So my tip would be:

Dont ever buy a wheel under 480wh or better 680wh (so at least Inmotion v5f+)

Dont take a wheel that is to slow(so at least Inmotion v5f+)

Better add a good amount of reserves to all of it....(so at least a KS16 or Gotway ACM)

But otherwise...we will talk in 2 months again B)

LOL... Ok, noted! :)

Thanks @KingSong69

22 hours ago, Duf said:

Last night I rode a total of 8 mile on my E+ so I am definitely progressing although I am nowhere close to being good.  I just don't crash much anymore. :)

Great videos @Duf! :)

How many days of training did u spend already?

Archived