Good bye NB P

Paulandjacquelyn

I just can't ride my NB P with full confidence that I will not be injured or worse if it was to shut off in traffic or while at fast speed.   The fact that both the release and the re-release have been

pulled SCREAMS design flaw.   NB is ignoring current owners with issues and also that may have been injured.  I have a weird click and pain in my wrist that has been present for about two months now from my fall.  That may work in China but not here in the US where we have rights to product safety.     I've ordered a Segway Mini Pro from yesterday's Prime day sale and believe that is best until some next gen EUC's work out flaws.   

These are not minor design flaws, we can be maimed or killed if we had a failure in auto traffic.    Shame on NB for "brushing under the rug" the NB P issues.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you say goodbye to ninebot one p...what i understand...but hello to ninebot mini pro????

i think you will be extremly disappointed...

- first: to a EUC its boring and lame...

- second: its also a REAL ninebot product with its firmware flaws....just look at all the guys who updated to 1.2.8...

- its also self balancing without any redundance

i started with a mini pro before i got to EUC's....and crashed the mini pro as often as the Euc's since i get it away

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Op, I guess you're not convinced by the new version.... if it ever arrives....

which "new" version? Did i miss something?

its just that since ninebot bought segway...they are using the more popular segway name.

Even on some "segway" mini advertising there are photos, were they forgot to photoshop the "ninebot" logo from the mini pro :-)

if you have other information....i am glad to receive :-)

i am just wondering from jumping from ninebot p...to mini pro and blaming ninebot a Shame on firmware...you are right and iam with you....but its the same on the segway/mini pro.... :-(

The P is no longer coming.  The re -release has been cancelled.   Yes, a few reports of some that bought the new P but maybe that was Ninebot testing the reliability in real world conditions.

I never said I do not like EUC's.  I said that my experience with the NB P high lights some serious industry mfg issues.   My first motherboard smoked after 6 months.  I'm guessing with the heat of summer, the new board will toast sooner.   Knowing that IT WILL fry is the problem.  Would I be on a busy street? Will I face plant and bust my wrist or lose some teeth?     Again, I'm speaking for the NB P here.  

The Segway Mini (yes NB) serves the purpose  I need it for....general town task such as store trips and evening rides.   Reviews are great and since I bought on Amazon, any issue can be returned no problem. 

1 hour ago, master255 said:

@Paulandjacquelyn, Tell on more detailed . When you buy a wheel? Which kilometer mileage you fell? What was the percentage of the charge? What did the store that sold you the wheel?
After the fall, the wheel turned off or work as usual?

master255,  I have been following your thread on your New P.     There is great demand for the P, yet NB is NOT releasing. This screams problem with design and protection of liability on there part.  Any P owners should be very concerned by NB's move.   I think some of you feel compelled to defend NB but the fact is upon initial release last November, we saw several reported issues of motherboard failures.    Immediately, without explanation NB halted all further shipments.   Now, they have halted the re-release .  NO MORE P's will be shipped ever at this point.

Sooo, P owners are left wondering why......well we do know there is a MB frying issue.  This is a safety issue and danger to you and I .    I LOVED my P.   The power and smoothness is amazing.  BUT I love my health more.   

Again, this is an issue with the P only and how NB is hiding the issue.   I believe a recall is needed but they are avoiding it.   If someone tells you that your car can stall at anytime, anywhere....would you still drive it? 

By the way, telling me I won't like the mini-pro is a bit silly.   Ask me if you'd like the NB E+ and I will tell you that you won't. It is not fast enough, and the tilt is such a bother since you hit the speed limit all day long.   Of course you probably love your E+ and my opinion is just that.   I will decide whether I like it or not and advise on findings.   I DO like that the odds of faceplant are minimized significantly :).   I know the speed will be a big adjustment and I still have my P for potential use in safe , not traffic environments.  

@Paulandjacquelyn, I do not understand you. I asked a lot of questions, and you're no one answered.
I have already drove on the first NB One P 1600km. and on second 500km..
After the first 500km. I feel that the wheel only passed the initial running-in.
For all the time (more than 2,000 km.), I fell from the wheel only once, when I got a defective battery. And it's not Ninebot fault it's a problem of LG - the battery manufacturer.

I immediately replaced it in the store under warranty.
Just replace all damaged parts.
As chief beta tester ninebot one in Russia, I am truly happy with the quality of products.
And not satisfied with such reviews as yours. Without details.

Wheel saved me many times. I think it can not be compared with any toy mini pro.

If you are afraid to ride on the wheel, then you're a real man?

Maybe it's a cultural gap here: 

Edited to make sure my point is clear: It is never OK to question someone's masculinity based on a decision they've made based on their tolerance of risk and the cost/benefit of one thing or another. He is under no obligation to you or anyone else to go into details to justify his decision. To call him (or her) less than a man because he is not willing to take the same risks as you are (and I am) is insulting and not productive to eliciting a response or saying "yes you are right" or whatever it is that you are trying to badger out of him. 

For your ultra-masculine pleasure, I present "Putin on the Ritz."

On 14.07.2016 at 5:32 PM, master255 said:

@Paulandjacquelyn, Tell on more detailed . When you buy a wheel? Which kilometer mileage you fell? What was the percentage of the charge? What did the store that sold you the wheel?
After the fall, the wheel turned off or work as usual?

!

@Paulandjacquelyn, I think the E+ is the most complete and safest model from ninebot.

and I don't think the P goes much faster, I always said it's not worth the price difference.

if you don't trust the P I think it is worth to look at the E+ and make a compromise on the speed.

4 minutes ago, Pagsy said:

@Paulandjacquelyn, I think the E+ is the most complete and safest model from ninebot.

and I don't think the P goes much faster, I always said it's not worth the price difference.

if you don't trust the P I think it is worth to look at the E+ and make a compromise on the speed.

lol, i actually owned the E+ for about a month but sold it because it was too slow...lol.   The P is much faster .....or I should say hits the speed sweet spot with no lean back or beeping.    BUT......not safe.   The mini-pro is slower, I know this but I figure since two wheels, may just feel different as a ride so no comparison between two. 

I may get something else later, open to any brand at this point once safety is established.

The problem I have with NB is that they are blatantly avoiding a recall on the original P in my opinion and based on all the MB issues and shutdowns.

I still have the NB P but afraid to ride at this point and I tend to be fearless at this stuff.  Common sense takes over though

On 7/14/2016 at 10:53 AM, Paulandjacquelyn said:

I DO like that the odds of faceplant are minimized significantly :).

What do you mean, aren't the odds similar?  Except for the side to side balancing it's the same principle, isn't it?  Or is it the slightly slower speed makes it safer to jump off?

12 hours ago, master255 said:

Edited 12 hours ago by master255

12 hours ago, master255 said:

Wheel saved me many times. I think it can not be compared with any toy mini pro.

If you are afraid to ride on the wheel, then you're a real man?

lol, what is this Junior High school? lol  I can only laugh....I guess I'm no real man...lol.   Please post a follow up pic with teeth repair later on after crash...or do real men not go to dentist?     Sorry, so silly I just have to respond with silliness.  

6 hours ago, master255 said:

@dbfrese, I do not respect and do not like Putin.

After this statement, master255 was never heard from again............the Russian government denies any knowledge of master255 or master256 for that matter  ;)

OK back to serious responding - Master255,  search for NB P post. You'll see where I post that my P broke and many others for that matter.   I hope your's never breaks and you stay safe but NB has a very real concern with these to pull all production.  Maybe ask them your questions? 

On 7/13/2016 at 1:21 PM, Paulandjacquelyn said:

if we had a failure in auto traffic.

I saw a video of a man riding right next to buses and trucks somewhere in Budapest or Europe and he was zooming along and it looked dangerous.  If the wheel cut out he could have fallen in to traffic.  So yes, don't ride these things in traffic.:D

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I saw a video of a man riding right next to buses and trucks somewhere in Budapest or Europe and he was zooming along and it looked dangerous.  If the wheel cut out he could have fallen in to traffic.  So yes, don't ride these things in traffic.:D

Sometimes it's just not avoidable depending on road or sidewalk conditions.   The great thing about the min-pro segway is it's allowed on all sidewalks in CA as it has mobility device status.   ;)     Currently I'm more focused on how I can regain my manhood though....maybe have fire shoot out of mini-pro or get a tattoo of a Siberian tiger.

Just now, Paulandjacquelyn said:

The great thing about the min-pro segway is it's allowed on all sidewalks in CA

Wow, I didn't know that. That is so cool!  Also now I get why you sometimes have to "ride in traffic",you have to when you cross the street at the crosswalk.  When I crossed the street at the crosswalk, I looked both ways twice:(.  And at the park trail system where the speed limit for cars is 20 mph. I just don't trust car drivers to watch out.

@Paulandjacquelyn, Ok, i found your post (NB P ....Mechanical failure... ). And I do not understand again!

You have the full support for recovery the wheel for the guarantee. What's your problem?
The wheel is easy arranged. The engine is hermetically sealed. The battery is hermetically sealed, too. There's nothing to break! 
You made water protection for electrical circuits? On all Ninebots no protection from water and dirt. You have to do it yourself. Then your wheel will be very reliable. This is the first thing I did after buying the wheel.

Yesterday I drove 25km. on my Ninebot one p with JBL Xtreme music. Overall mileage has reached 600 km. 1.5 months. 
From any Ninebot one p you can make E+, C, mini - putting the speed limit. - reliability is the same everywhere. Transform back is not possible.
You can't do anything about it!

Putting the behaviour on Ninebot central to a side regarding the P, about 3 weeks ago several containers with model Ps were delivered and distributed by several stores in Spain. These were supposed to be the new batch after the november/december problems. The problem is as is mentioned in this post these units have supposedly experienced still shut down problems although I have detected no problems from the use of these Ps in Spain to date from feedback from the new owners. That does not mean they are 100% safe.

My latest news from the spanish distributors that rejected these container for safety resasons, is that in August ninebot would ship the 100% fixed models. I believe this is the same informations as ninebot uk is telling its Ninebot One P future buyers. No call back has been issued as far as these news are concerned.

Archived