eWheels 16hr Endurance Challenge

I will use Relive and Darknessbot to record my trip 👍 I don't use EUC World. Relive uses GPS. People can fudge their mileage by tweaking the correction in their favor on EUC World or Darknessbot.

30 minutes ago, GitDatPC said:

People can fudge their mileage by tweaking the correction in their favor on EUC World or Darknessbot.

one might well fear that the future winner will be the one with the best skills to distort data to their own advantage..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 8:11 PM, Toneloc198448 said:

Richman challenge  is what is should be called

so it is,  as with virtually every other sport. Without money, nothing.

I remember when I was a child, then we had nothing but wooden sticks to play with. luckily it was then, and not now :P

Edited by Robse

On 3/28/2024 at 8:43 AM, Rollin-on-1 said:

I predict the winner will have over 360 miles and a highly modified wheel.  

Then it will blow up and catch fire.

On 4/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, Meier_PEV said:

https://euc.world/tour/631655609814096

GPS on EUC World said 172 miles but the tour only logged 162 miles. 

The EUC World Tour always records the GPS miles. The EUC World distance shown in the main display is always your Wheel miles. Wheel miles are typically wrong by ~5 to 10 percent depending on the wheel.

You can swipe-up on the main display to see the GPS miles at any time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's one of the reasons I'm not much interested in this competition. The real competition will be about which wheel modification is best instead of rider stamina and strategy.

It's an equipment challenge not a rider challenge

Those modified wheels aren't going to be riding themselves...the human factor is a critical factor that can't be dismissed.

• Like 1

I don’t know how you could specifically test rider endurance outside of a Le Mans style event. Maybe it would make people feel better if wheel mods where excluded, or perhaps you reward the top 5 rather than winner takes all to reduce the salt.

Cool concept, in the motorcycle world we have the Iron Butt, I personally have done the Iron Butt Gold, which is 1500 miles in 24 hours.  Safe? Reasonably, you condition yourself and perfect your motorcycle then work up to it.  I find it is more of a mental challenge than a physical challenge, while neither me or my V12 will never be a challenger it is a fascinating concept.  No forward movement without pushing the boundaries. 

• Like 1

So I had some settings wrong and was running Roger Spacers with a Michilian street. I never cared if the settings were right on the speed and distance on the wheel cause I just swipped up for distance and speed in GPS. I submitted the data log so It has the correct GPS. Not that it matters since Seba beat me by a Kilometer lol. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, Marty Backe said:

It's an equipment challenge not a rider challenge

I don't know. I have ridden a few 150+ mile days in about 12 hours.  I am reasonably fit, but this was very exhausting -- I would even say brutally exhausting.  I think it is a very human challenge, where rider fatigue and critical planning will play a major role for the winner. 

For me, simple physical fatigue would be the hardest to overcome. Logistical and technical preparations can be made when one is fresh.
I hope the competition has some way to clearly verify that all the riding is being done by one person, and not secretly by a team of riders. 

Either way, I figure I will give it the old college try.

• Upvote 2