My KingSong S16 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Anyway, still having fun with the wheel but all subsequent content regards this wheel will be sans the "Pro" moniker.

It's almost a PRO :wacko:, seems that this guy was produced before they came out with the 3KW motor, we'll get one of those newer ones to you to bump it up to the PRO spec :D

1. 2023/11/07 I placed sample order in our side and apply a sample. Sample requested the Samsung battery.
2. 2023/11/14 We ship out sample to shipping agent.
3. 2023/11/25 Our side prepare to make a new version named S16PRO. Since this is the a new version, we decided to update motor together, so we use Samsung battery and 3000W motor.
4. 2023/11/30 We published final specification for S16 and S16pro. 
5. 2023/12/20 We ship out first batch of S16PRO samples.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

3. 2023/11/25 Our side prepare to make a new version named S16PRO. Since this is the a new version, we decided to update motor together, so we use Samsung battery and 3000W motor.

Is the S16 Pro made by your people in China after receiving S16's from Kingsong?

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Is the S16 Pro made by your people in China after receiving S16's from Kingsong?

PRO is produced by KS. After much wrangling they acceded to the performance bump request to try to make it a bit more relevant in today's market. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

PRO is produced by KS. After much wrangling they acceded to the performance bump request to try to make it a bit more relevant in today's market. 

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for getting the manufacturers to produce wheels that are not "so yesterday", and with wider appeal for the euc community.

• Like 1

This wasn't the plan for today but Dawn's enthusiasm for a new wheel had her inadvertently testing the cut-out recovery of the S16 :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

What was your heart-rate at that moment, Marty? No gear too on a brand new untested Wheel :o & she was laughing like it was nothing, that Lady is brave :D

I probably should have waited for her to put on her gear before showing the wheel. But sometimes you forget and we all tend to have a lot of faith in EUC's. Fortunately they tend to be very reliable.

And Dawn is a very skilled rider and is used to riding at the limits of all the wheels she rides. Many other people might have not recovered in the same scenario.

But anyway, the S16 is nice in that it keeps power to the motor even as it's losing the ability to balance. That's good.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This wasn't the plan for today but Dawn's enthusiasm for a new wheel had her inadvertently testing the cut-out recovery of the S16 :)

This is, unintentionally, a great demo of the wheel's safety.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, eezo said:

This is, unintentionally, a great demo of the wheel's safety.

+1

She didn't panic and did something stupid, like what we usually see in crash videos.

Nope. She is experienced and skilled in making that recovery.

Gutsy move though, on a beginner's wheel at such speeds with no gear.

Also, good on Kingsong in making the S16 recoverable from a cutout.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parkeralto said:

I was just thinking the same thing. It looked more like a "brown out" than a cut out; combined of course with rider skill, disaster avoided .

Some wheels go from brown-out to cut-out without the ability to recover. And some don't, like the S16

6 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

How rugged is it? The swiveling front lights and exposed suspension concern me.

I haven't crashed it yet :)

The front lights are very similar to the S22 but should be protected by the tire and front handle/bumper (which is plastic).

I don't know if the S16 is being marketed as a wheel that can be abused.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know if the S16 is being marketed as a wheel that can be abused.

If we look at the price, and the fact that it is essentially a learner's wheel, it looked reasonably competitive in this regard, me thinks, without actually seeing one in person.

• Like 1

As an owner of solely 84V wheels, I'm kind of confused as to why they would change the port to anything other than the GX16-4 from the Tesla/ Mten4, or the Lenovo (18XL). I messaged ewheels to see if they will offer an adapter for the 5A charger I already have from them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

it is just overpriced piece of plastic with potential susension problems as the e-wheels thailand show. too much attention

compared to most other suspension wheels it looks almost like a bargain to me

• Like 3