Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Does it actually do the job? Do you see a difference in beam shape?

It cuts off the rounded light beam by maybe 5-8% at the very top. It's not going to stop it from blinding anyone but it looks like it should help stray light a bit if they are angled properly. I haven't been out yet to see. Just aiming at the wall in the house. 

20240209_062445.jpg

20240209_062500.jpg

20240209_062555.jpg

Edited by Ryan5508
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan5508 said:

It cuts off the rounded light beam by maybe 5-8% at the very top.

In reflector type lamps, depending on the distance from the emitter to the end of the conical reflector, the majority of the 'up' beam could be reflected off the bottom of the reflector. Hence, it's usually more productive to apply any physical block to the bottom of the light, not the top.

I'm not fully clued up on what type/design of lamp the Lynx uses, just something to consider.

Has anyone seen any reports of the Lynx have a "bump" in its ride?

Im going to contact ewheels and see if they have heard anything. My Lynx arrived and it seems to have a bump in its tire rotation. It almost feels like if a rim on a static wheel was dented. But the lynx's rim is fine. It evens out at over 30mph, but im assuming that its just rotating so fast that the bump becomes non-noticable and the suspension might soak it up. But low to mid speed, its quite obvious and is really annoying. 

Idk if its a weird alignment with the bearing or a suspension quirk or what? Im doing a tire change this weekend and will investigate it further. 

I can confirm after tonight that the light cover doesn't do much if anything. I would say it more of an aesthetic add on. 

Bigger foot pads are great if not a hair too thick. They would work fantastic with pedal drops. I have the foot pads set as high as they can go and it's a little tight still. Hopefully the tpu will soften up a bit with use. 

Still need to play with suspension/tire psi. Everything is fine until I hit a bump and I go into a short wobble. I can cruise at 35-40 and it's stable and smooth. I just set all 4 screws/knobs to the center of the adjustment when it arrived but haven't touched it since. 

I probably just need more miles under my belt with it. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

Bigger foot pads are great if not a hair too thick. They would work fantastic with pedal drops. I have the foot pads set as high as they can go and it's a little tight still. Hopefully the tpu will soften up a bit with use. 

How much infill you used for the Toepads? The profile suggests 10% gyroid so thats pretty soft already...with 1,2mm wall 

Edited by onkeldanuel

6 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

How much infill you used for the Toepads? The profile suggests 10% gyroid so thats pretty soft already...with 1,2mm wall 

I did the default of the model with the 10% infill. Used bambu tpu 95A hf. 

I am a size 12 shoe if that helps anyone as well. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

I did the default of the model with the 10% infill. Used bambu tpu 95A hf. 

I am a size 12 shoe if that helps anyone as well. 

I used Overture TPU at 12% and its the softest available 95A TPU...i dont have the Wheel yet but seems pretty soft/cushy , i have also another light cover if you want to test Shootingstar me a pm with your Mail 

is there any information about "batch 3"?
like, have the problems that have shown themselves been fixed?

this guy is amazing and he likes the s22 better suspension wise  it seems. 

Edited by novazeus

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

is there any information about "batch 3"?
like, have the problems that have shown themselves been fixed?

this guy is amazing and he likes the s22 better suspension wise  it seems. 

There is no better suspension feel than on the S22 (and who knows if there ever will be a better one) , especially if its fully optimiced....but it has some downsides also over time in use...

The Lynx comes close tho and Lynx seems superior in every other regard...

Imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

There is no better suspension feel than on the S22 (and who knows if there ever will be a better one) , especially if its fully optimiced....but it has some downsides also over time in use...

The Lynx comes close tho and Lynx seems superior in every other regard...

Imo

his video makes me want to buy one. now just gotta figure out which batch has all the fixes already. 

my ride around the ranch is very rough and i doubt the lynx will change that, but i won't know for sure until i try.

i'm thinking the lynx might be more capable on my off mowed paths because i can go slower. 

haha, i'm not looking for thrills, just the easiest way around most of my property. i debated renting a vibratory roller for some parts. this 920 pound lawn roller i bought doesn't do squat. i wish the paths were paved, but that's in the future. i'm thrilled the s22's and v13's can get me around in one piece, but it does take a toll on my body. i'm not 32. 

82BB2ED6-8207-43B8-82D0-06B7916AE826.jpeg.ff49924adf26313bbda3eeae3533bd6a.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

I can only say that I disagree, I prefer my Sherman S suspension over the S22 any time, it's smoother and more responsive.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

There is no better suspension feel than on the S22 (and who knows if there ever will be a better one) , especially if its fully optimiced.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I can only say that I disagree, I prefer my Sherman S suspension over the S22 any time, it's smoother and more responsive.

Out of the box, the Sherman S suspension is butter smooth. I think many would agree.

However, depending on how much effort one puts in reworking the suspension, the S22/Pro can become really smooth too. Plus it has a nice rising rate linkage, and the stock shock can be replaced with a premium one.

I don't know own both so I can't say with certainty. But having owning an S22, and ridden some Leaper Kim suspension wheels, I can see how different riders may feel differently towards the two wheels. There is a matter of use-case, rider preference, and reworking/tuning.

For myself, just bumming around town, I think I would prefer the Lynx's premium feel. However, I am very happy with my S22. I am liking my S22 more and more with further tuning, and with time. And I am still seeing improvements. I still haven't swapped out the stock tire, nor the stock shock yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Worked out the preload.     

Now I'm wondering,  can you adjust the angle of the pedals?   Not the forwards back angle which you can adjust in the app,   but the side to side angle.

Edited by t0me

I am debating getting different pedals because I don't like the angle. 

Looking at the e-rides noir biggie pedals and would probably add the lowering kit if I bought them.

I felt fine on my V11 for miles but for whatever reason I get leg/feet pain after a few miles on the lynx. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

Looking at the e-rides noir biggie pedals and would probably add the lowering kit if I bought them.

I felt fine on my V11 for miles but for whatever reason I get leg/feet pain after a few miles on the lynx. 

I recently modded my V11 for a more flat pedal angle and its had a positive effect on foot fatigue on long rides.    
The Lynx,  being that much wider I can see it being an even bigger issue for me.

Its weird,  its like they forgot people have calf muscles when they made the shape of these things ;-)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ryan5508 said:

I was getting some foot discomfort on my Patton.  I found that rotating my toes outward just a hair eliminated the problem for me.  Not sure if that will work for you on the Lynx, but thought I'd share my experience.  Hope it helps!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:38 PM, DumbWheel said:

That's trippy. I've been turning mine on while going down the highway. That would suck to get a dip at speed. Maybe I better not do that, lol.

I haven't noticed that ever happening to mine.

I don't see how that would happen.

I hope they get you sorted quick.

If it's coming from the buzzer it's because you got the 3.5mm slot/jack wet.

Take out the jack, roll up some tissue and stick it in the hole for a bit and wipe down the jack. That should stop the whining.

Regarding the dip, not sure about that.

1 minute ago, jacobjj said:

What's people's weight and suspension settings? Trying to get an idea of what to set mine to!

8 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I was getting some foot discomfort on my Patton.  I found that rotating my toes outward just a hair eliminated the problem for me.  Not sure if that will work for you on the Lynx, but thought I'd share my experience.  Hope it helps!

I find I like my feet locked in place. So I get forced to have my feet straighter. I bought some boots so I need to test those vs the scetchers slipons I have been wearing. 

Doesn't help to be tall and not very flexible.