Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

I couldn't get past the annoying intro to that video... 

My Lynx has been solid. Granted I have low low miles still and baby it on paved trails. But I am not a small or light rider. 

Speaking of that I feel they could do with one more spring weight of 74lbs. I think I would need it if I ever jumped it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Am I interpreting the video correctly in that new firmware fixed your dipping also then?

As of now it appears to improve, I would like further testing (colder/warmer temps, high/low state of charge) before coming to any conclusions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can somebody post a pic of DC-DC converter?
Does it use a transformer or Buck-boost?

Not every electrical problem have FW solution :(. But interference can be shielded / filtered.
I Have already Lynx at my home country but I am stuck on bussiness trip.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Not every electrical problem have FW solution :(. But interference can be shielded / filtered.

Good point.

I've been seeing these weird cut outs on practically all the Leaperkim wheels.

Sherman's cutting out in grocery stores, and the video above happened because of a strong wifi antenna (assumedly).

Kinda worries me, cause I don't ride too slow, and I hit the ground hard.

It's not gonna stop me from riding tho, and that's what worries me.

What if I'm riding along and get hit with a strong directional wifi antenna?

Is it gonna make me face plant?

How about some shielding for these sensitive electronics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Do you think lining the inner cover with aluminum foil would shield the electronics from radio waves?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

There's no teardowns available so unless someone here opened theirs up it will be tough ask to get pictures for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

There's no teardowns available so unless someone here opened theirs up it will be tough ask to get pictures for now.

This is the first teardown I found of the Lynx, but I don't think he took the inner cover off.

https://youtu.be/KgOHQrc54n4?si=KKhXELSwhES-Cw3a

• Like 1

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

suppose you still have a little time to see whether the issue is truly fixed before locking-in your order?

yeah, i'm sure jason and his team are all over this. 

cutouts are the worse hiccup a new wheel could exhibit. 

my money is in so i'll be in the loop for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just did some testing on my 241 to make sure it fit good,it appears one side of my wheel is slightly more to the left side battery . Not sure if that is normal with the LYNX since i didnt really check it before I took the CST off. There is just a tiny bit of rubbing but i think that is the hairss. 241 feels pretty good . Mudguard also not aligning correctly . I wont take it apart again to try to correct until someone more experience than I am has the same observation and makes a video or post about fixing it . My suspension preload matches my Sherman S and Patton ( just 3 notches showing on each side). I may have to change this because my spring is 70lb on the LYNX and the Sherman S and Patton are all 60 lb.  MY compression and rebound are set back to distributor settings. After tinkering with transferring over my sherman S settings to the LYNXs, the ride felt a bit bouncy in some cases, especially side walks . Again, i will need to do more adjustments.  I'm not a pro so all my settings are just based on feel. MY pad positioning could use a little work but i will adjust them once my pedal lowering kit comes in. Speaking of lowering pedals,. the pedal height is really high currently lol . The power delivery is nice. Still winter, and very cold and winder  here so my testing is  done in small spurts .   Plus i did the firmware update before riding it, and no issues that i could see (batch 2 ewheels)

Edited by WILSONEUC
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Just did some testing on my 241 to make sure it fit good,it appears one side of my wheel is slightly more to the left side battery . Not sure if that is normal with the LYNX since i didnt really check it before I took the CST off. There is just a tiny bit of rubbing but i think that is the hairss. 241 feels pretty good . Mudguard also not aligning correctly . I wont take it apart again to try to correct until someone more experience than I am has the same observation and makes a video or post about fixing it . My suspension preload matches my Sherman S and Patton ( just 3 notches showing on each side). I may have to change this because my spring is 70lb on the LYNX and the Sherman S and Patton are all 60 lb.  MY compression and rebound are set back to distributor settings. After tinkering with transferring over my sherman S settings to the LYNXs, the ride felt a bit bouncy in some cases, especially side walks . Again, i will need to do more adjustments.  I'm not a pro so all my settings are just based on feel. MY pad positioning could use a little work but i will adjust them once my pedal lowering kit comes in. Speaking of lowering pedals,. the pedal height is really high currently lol . The power delivery is nice. Still winter, and very cold and winder  here so my testing is  done in small spurts .   Plus i did the firmware update before riding it, and no issues that i could see (batch 2 ewheels)

Looking at the front of my mudguard, there is clearly more space of the left side (right from the front) in between the case and battery. Hoping it's just not perfectly aligned and not wheel related.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joyrider said:

Looking at the front of my mudguard, there is clearly more space of the left side (right from the front) in between the case and battery. Hoping it's just not perfectly aligned and not wheel related.

Ok . Anyone else have the same observation as joyrider and I?

19 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

Street tire. mine looks to be centered

Keep in mind I'm only speaking of the mudguard itself. The tire/wheel I have not confirmed/measured or inspected thoroughly as of yet.

A quick look with light and twisting the mudguard, It does NOT appear that my wheel/tire is off center and only the mudguard. Not too much, but does exist. Shinko 244 arrives and goes on in a few days so I'll have a better understanding.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, o u euc 2 said:

Do you think lining the inner cover with aluminum foil would shield the electronics from radio waves?

I am assuming that the big yellow transformer is for DC-DC and could be the culprit of that. 

Yes, if it is wirelessly inducted.
No, if it transmits through input cable power cable - then you need to mod the cable with a cap and inductor. 

If the problem is just a DC-DC board it is solvable by simple mods. 

I would love to see some logging function on our EUC, where all those abnormal events are logged .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I am assuming that the big yellow transformer is for DC-DC and could be the culprit of that. 

Yes, if it is wirelessly inducted.
No, if it transmits through input cable power cable - then you need to mod the cable with a cap and inductor. 

If the problem is just a DC-DC board it is solvable by simple mods. 

I would love to see some logging function on our EUC, where all those abnormal events are logged .

Oh, nothing like that has ever happened to me.

I was referring to posts and videos others have posted.

I hope it doesn't happen to me!

On 2/21/2024 at 12:35 PM, WILSONEUC said:

I have slight to the right. I’m sure it’s adjustable just need to know how to fix it. I shaved the hairs. No rubbing at all for street and trails. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

18 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

It’s either the 2 bolts that hold the fender and or the four bolts that hold the plastic that runs down by the suspension that holds the fender. I didn’t undue the axle bolts when I changed my tire. And the suspension just comes straight out and back in place. 

Quick update, the fw did not help the pedal dip. I changed out the DC board with one ewheels supplied and now there's a minimal dip and the whining noise is minimized.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have others seen very high PWM readings from their Lynx using DarknessBot or EUC world?

I am very concerned by what I am seeing. Yesterday I got 80% PWM beeps through DarknessBot riding about 39mph at 90% battery. Last night I was riding around 32mph at 80% battery and was hitting 70% PWM. Does this seem alarmingly high to anyone else?

I have linked a short video of the DarknessBot metrics from my ride last night

A bit more context: I have done the most recent Lynx firmware update. I have not used high speed mode. I did a free spin test at full battery and the wheel reached ~70mph at 100% PWM. 

Video of surprising high PWM reading at ~30mph

57 minutes ago, Vertex said:

Have others seen very high PWM readings from their Lynx using DarknessBot or EUC world?

I am very concerned by what I am seeing. Yesterday I got 80% PWM beeps through DarknessBot riding about 39mph at 90% battery. Last night I was riding around 32mph at 80% battery and was hitting 70% PWM. Does this seem alarmingly high to anyone else?

I have linked a short video of the DarknessBot metrics from my ride last night

A bit more context: I have done the most recent Lynx firmware update. I have not used high speed mode. I did a free spin test at full battery and the wheel reached ~70mph at 100% PWM. 

Video of surprising high PWM reading at ~30mph

I rode 8 miles tonight on the new firmware. I was at 3-4 bars of battery and hit 70% pwm at 43 mph. 36 degrees f out. Not currently in high speed mode. 

Screenshot_20240223_015403_Sheets.jpg