Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Take a screenshot of the update notes, use Google lens to translate and share it herr please

Comes out as "Set the angle protection function" in Google Translate. Which doesn't make sense to me. Sounds like the angle cutoff setting, but that was already in.

Screenshot_20240106-092320.png

7 hours ago, stizl said:

The Shinko 241 fits the Lynx easily.  To my surprise, the stock Kenda is actually a pretty heavy-duty tire, especially compared to the typical flimsy EUC tires.  The Kenda is actually slightly heavier than the 241, and the diameters are nearly identical.  The Shinko is ~4mm wider.  Photos below, all with the Kenda on the left and Shinko 241 on the right, with the width and diameter measurements taken when mounted and at 26psi:

image.thumb.png.ba86557db976153a43f8cef4a23d0d72.png

image.thumb.png.9b363e63ca201e6c34eea7dcfe2fbbd7.png

Can you perhaps measure the tread depth of the Shinko in millimeters if possible? 

14 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Can you perhaps measure the tread depth of the Shinko in millimeters if possible? 

I get 7.5mm on the 241 and 7mm on the Kenda. The 241 also feels like a much firmer rubber. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen it mentioned,  but do we know yet if the Lynx has hot charge ports?   (like the Begodes have,  up to 1000w I believe,  so there's now an aftermarket inverter you can run from your Begode wheel's battery).    

I'm thinking about whether I should be looking for a step-down to make a 12v/5v output (or not).
I'm not liking the idea of having hot charge ports,  but if it has them,  then....

57 minutes ago, t0me said:

I haven't seen it mentioned,  but do we know yet if the Lynx has hot charge ports?   (like the Begodes have,  up to 1000w I believe,  so there's now an aftermarket inverter you can run from your Begode wheel's battery).    

I'm thinking about whether I should be looking for a step-down to make a 12v/5v output (or not).
I'm not liking the idea of having hot charge ports,  but if it has them,  then....

WW usually rants about this on his wheel reviews. From what I recall, Begode is the only manufacturer left that still does hot charge ports. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fl105kg said:

Can it be tubeless tho? 🤪

No, its no tubeless rated tire, unfortanatly no knobby is...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Take a screenshot of the update notes, use Google lens to translate and share it herr please. 🙏

Automatically translated release notes are also available in EUC World (Wheel -> Firmware update).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

"New version log" sounds like more work for @Seba :wacko:

It won't break anything, as this feature isn't used by EUC World. It's a kind of internal log that can be downloaded from the mainboard, but I don't have any info how to decode it and what it contains.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

I am curious, what's the fastest anyone has gone on a Lynx? Debating buying one, would want it to be able to keep up with my Master Pro, hopefully a little quicker.

RogerEUC tested the 50E version and hit beeps at 55 mph at 50% SOC

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I was able to ride the demo Lynx at Eevees today and I'm pretty impressed with the wheel overall. If I didn't want the extra range (3600wh+) I would buy one. LK will get my money eventually when they release a higher voltage Sherman-S.

I thought Leaper Kim did a good job on the Lynx. They seemed to have made real improvements on some things over the previous two models. Even though the Lynx is a 20" wheel, it is still feels light and nimble. One impressive part was when I went to lift up the Lynx and Gabe's Patton, the Lynx felt lighter. I did this a few times because this should not be possible. They should weigh about the same. 

BTW, did you see the V14 there? If yes, did you try it too?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Does the Lynx share the very same shock/fork (besides the spring of course) with the Sherman S?

Lynx struts include locking bleed screws in the preload adjuster cap; SS + Patton had no such screws.
It's unconfirmed if any other dimensions changed.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
clarification
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Lynx struts were updated to include locking screws in the preload adjuster cap... it's unconfirmed if any other dimensions changed.

Hmm someone wrote that those are for bleeding air,  what are they supposed to lock?

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

BTW, did you see the V14 there? If yes, did you try it too?

Yes the V14 was there but I didn't try it. It's a great looking wheel for sure and I'll probably give it a try when it's not raining and I can test it outside.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Yes the V14 was there but I didn't try it. It's a great looking wheel for sure and I'll probably give it a try when it's not raining and I can test it outside.

Hey, that's great. You've managed to earned enough strips for them to allow you to test wheels outside.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Lynx struts were updated to include locking screws in the preload adjuster cap... it's unconfirmed if any other dimensions changed.

Will that be for Batch-2?

1 hour ago, LaveyZFG said:

Manual states that, screws are for bleeding air 

Thanks.

I haven't seen the manual posted- does it suggest how or why LK wants the bleed screws to be used? 

Edited by RagingGrandpa

26 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Thanks.

I haven't see the manual posted- does it suggest how or why LK wants the bleed screws to be used? 

States that is to relief to release pressure inside the shock / How will I know when theres to much pressure inside the shock is new to me, got to check this kind of system

IMG_4276.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1