Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

38 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@techyiam Are you running a stiff sidewall or tubeless tires? 

(1) On the Abrams, it's the stock tubeless tire, running tubeless.  15 psi.

(2) On the S22, it is the stock tubed tire, with a tube. 15 psi.

Both tires are stiffer than a typical bicycle tire.

However, both tires aren't as stiff as a tubeless moped tire I am using on my V12.

If you attempt to use too low a tire pressure in a tire that is not stiff enough, it will feel squirrely. 

If you use low tire pressure with a tube, valve stem can get sheared off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

"A tire that is underinflated by 4 PSI has lost 80 pounds of load-carrying capability."

I wouldn't care. 

Exactly what is my down side?

I already have gone through one tire on myT3, and two tires on my V12.

@techyiam thanks for the feedback! There’s a ton of chatter currently on rodger’s telegram channel specifically about people’s tire preference and pressure on the lynx. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

this is from the v13 manual.

E5A0AA75-1869-40D9-A509-C781B3E54170.thumb.jpeg.d0b859dfe5d351a4055c93fe8031f1f7.jpeg

notice it says "low rolling resistance tire". 

if i were an atty, and ur surviving widow filed a lawsuit for wrongful death because of their wheel, if representing the manufacturer, i'd lay the blame on u for not following directions.

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I wouldn't care. 

Exactly what is my down side?

I already have gone through one tire on myT3, and two tires on my V12.

how much do u weigh? the s22 u drive probably weighs 80 pounds with doodads. 

at 15 psi, ur overloaded. if u only ride slowly, u might be ok. i'm surprised at 15psi u haven't gotten pinch flats. or a dented rim. 

14 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@techyiam thanks for the feedback! There’s a ton of chatter currently on rodger’s telegram channel specifically about people’s tire preference and pressure on the lynx. 

how do i find rodger's telegram channel? thanks. i'm on telegram.

i found it but no chatter.

Edited by novazeus

23 minutes ago, novazeus said:

how do i find rodger's telegram channel? thanks. i'm on telegram.

i found it but no chatter.

It’s a busy channel. Scroll up or maybe try a search. It was a fairly extensive discussion not long ago. But they talk about a lot of things there and are back talking about high amp chargers. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

It’s a busy channel. Scroll up or maybe try a search. It was a fairly extensive discussion not long ago. But they talk about a lot of things there and are back talking about high amp chargers. 

thanks, i found it. rodger said he'd probably be running the michelin pilot street 2 on his. i'll wait until he does his.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

Anybody have similar issues to this person on Reddit  regarding "motor bearing noise"? Curious to know if it's a design or QC issue or if some people just got unlucky. 

@Jason McNeil any comments on this issue? Also interested in hearing whether Leaperkim is making any tweaks between batches once you have that info.

It's a bit confusing, how is the conclusion that it's the bearings? The person on reddit links to part of video where Adam complains about noise from suspension not bearings.

The noise in Adams video re: suspension seems kinda normal.

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It's a bit confusing, how is the conclusion that it's the bearings? The person on reddit links to part of video where Adam complains about noise from suspension not bearings.

The noise in Adams video re: suspension seems kinda normal.

Yeah that's why I put it in quotes, not actually sure what the noise is. And the person seems to have a separate issue with "the motor casing hitting the battery box". I don't have a Lynx yet so just looking for more informed opinions 

11 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

Yeah that's why I put it in quotes, not actually sure what the noise is. And the person seems to have a separate issue with "the motor casing hitting the battery box". I don't have a Lynx yet so just looking for more informed opinions 

The noise in Adams video is nothing I would worry about and I don't think you need to worry ahead of time of potential issues.

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah, Chooch first reported this to us a few weeks ago. When bringing up the topic to Linnea, she said that from batch 1 they added motor spacer to take out some of the gap on stator cyclinder & faceplate. Evidentally, this may not have been sufficient, there's been about 3 reported cases, thus far, under tight turns and/or hard carving. Working on getting one of these shipped to a foresnic inspection into the problem

Linnea writes: In SS and Patton motors, there are no such problem. For Lynx motor, they changed the procedure to install bearing. Now we made standard to install bearing, this problem has been solved. Will make video tomorrow or the day next tomorrow (e.g. tomorrow)

LynxMotorBearing.png.df224623564fd7226886d804fe21b70a.png

That this shit is going on again and again since the Gotway EX Fiasko is absolutely ridicoulus to me, no doubt about that...

I had this freaking bearing knocking because mistolerances in the Bearing seat on the EX and S22 and ordered an Lynx Batch 1, so i have again to print an tpu spacer for it and disassemble whole motor again?? Green loctite for the bearing seat....Seriously unbelievable 

Or was this already fixed in batch 1 and it was only a problem for preproduction units?

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

The noise in Adams video is nothing I would worry about and I don't think you need to worry ahead of time of potential issues.

It was more due diligence on what will be an expensive purchase for me than worrying 

33 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah, Chooch first reported this to us a few weeks ago. When bringing up the topic to Linnea, she said that from batch 1 they added motor spacer to take out some of the gap on stator cyclinder & faceplate. Evidentally, this may not have been sufficient, there's been about 3 reported cases, thus far, under tight turns and/or hard carving. Working on getting one of these shipped to a foresnic inspection into the problem

Linnea writes: In SS and Patton motors, there are no such problem. For Lynx motor, they changed the procedure to install bearing. Now we made standard to install bearing, this problem has been solved. Will make video tomorrow or the day next tomorrow (e.g. tomorrow)

LynxMotorBearing.png.df224623564fd7226886d804fe21b70a.png

Thanks for the info! Hopefully it is indeed solved.

15 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

That this shit is going on again and again since the Gotway EX Fiasko is absolutely ridicoulus to me, no doubt about that...

I had this freaking bearing knocking because mistolerances in the Bearing seat on the EX and S22 and ordered an Lynx Batch 1, so i have again to print an tpu spacer for it and disassemble whole motor again?? Green loctite for the bearing seat....Seriously unbelievable 

Or was this already fixed in batch 1 and it was only a problem for preproduction units?

I hope it's not much of an issue for you... but it seems the personal rule to not buy batch 1 even from LK is still the best move

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

At the present moment, the stats are <3-5%, but will have a clearer answer on precisely what has changed & when it went into effect in the morning. 

Great, thank you, looking forward for more Info on this..

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hydracricket said:

hope it's not much of an issue for you... but it seems the personal rule to not buy batch 1 even from LK is still the best move

Its only annoying that manufacturers always mess up the bearings seats over and over again....as long as the stator doesnt slip like on S22 its doable by myself if needed lol 

• Like 1

I just saw a video posted on Telegram about a warped rim on Lynx. I’m asking the owners here to check their rims. It could potentially be a wide spread issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ok, so it looks like they're just adding a bearing spacer in the Lynx motors. We're flying in a supply of those spacers to deal with any cases that pop-up—these manufacturers really should have a Wechat information sharing channel, exactly the same troubles were experienced on the Inmotion V13s, it took IM like 6+ months to source those spacers, until then they were swapping out whole motor assemblies, there's such prodigal waste in resources for some of these problems :o 
LK writes: before made 1st batch, we found that problem, then we meansured the position of bearing and pick up some good motors to use. But from the second batch, we use new motors improved by motor suppliers.  

What is confusing here is that they say they discovered the problem before batch 1 but the problem wasn't fixed until batch 2.

I have batch 1 wheel on the way.. 😥

Also what does "new motors" mean? That kinda implies more than just a spacer??

• Like 1

BTW when re-assembling the motor like that, isn't it a good idea to put some silicone around the cover after closure for waterproofing? What's the consensus on that? From factory there's usually some kind of substance between.

• Like 1