Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

The highest drop if done on my SS is probably 3-3.5 feet.

Since you didn't bottom out, this is significant from a bottoming out perspective.

In that case, there is a higher probability that the 58 lbs dual-rate spring would work out for me. Encouraging, thanks.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jono said:

We aren't getting any in this weight in Aus. I heard it's because it's so soft.

More likely it's because we're so big. "So soft" is only true if you're too heavy for a 58lb spring - for my partner (50kg) it would probably be perfect.

On 12/3/2023 at 2:05 AM, Rawnei said:

My recommendation is to keep it at max 50-55 for normal riding, not higher

yes, I think I have mine at 45 (kingsong 16x). I like to lay it on it's side when parking; this means the motor isn't working to keep itself upright. Also, if I come off it won't keep spinning like crazy if it falls over

Edited by Uras

So what's holding the top of the suspension?       
I watched the teardown.    I can see how it clamps in at the bottom (same as the P/SS but with a new keyway/lug setup),  but I can't see anything like the crown of a pair of bike/mc forks.
They unscrewed the battery packs and the control board section just fell off,   I didn't see anything doing any clamping to the top of the shocks,  I didn't see any structure from one battery pack to the other other than a slip of plastic down the sides (mainly for the wiring I'm guessing).   

I'd have thought there would be something strong,  metal,  structural at the top,  the equivalent of a fork crown.    Or is the clamp at the motor the only way the shocks are held together (with the motor forming the connection)? 

10 minutes ago, t0me said:

So what's holding the top of the suspension?       
I watched the teardown.    I can see how it clamps in at the bottom (same as the P/SS but with a new keyway/lug setup),  but I can't see anything like the crown of a pair of bike/mc forks.
They unscrewed the battery packs and the control board section just fell off,   I didn't see anything doing any clamping to the top of the shocks,  I didn't see any structure from one battery pack to the other other than a slip of plastic down the sides (mainly for the wiring I'm guessing).   

I'd have thought there would be something strong,  metal,  structural at the top,  the equivalent of a fork crown.    Or is the clamp at the motor the only way the shocks are held together (with the motor forming the connection)? 

First the stanctions themselves are attached to the motor with clamps but also the piece that attaches to the motor from below, then the batteries are attached to the stanctions with the controller housing between them acting as a bridge, it's a pretty sturdy construction.

• Upvote 1

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0bS4KwsjL6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

WW quote from the overlayed text on the video:

“For me. in terms of a durable performance off road wheel for all purposes it's as much as a leap forward in the industry as the Veteran Sherman was when it was first introduced. The Lynx pretty much has it all.”

1 hour ago, stizl said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0bS4KwsjL6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

WW quote from the overlayed text on the video:

“For me. in terms of a durable performance off road wheel for all purposes it's as much as a leap forward in the industry as the Veteran Sherman was when it was first introduced. The Lynx pretty much has it all.”

We talking a trailracer here (also for sure great allrounder) , thats its purpose and exactly what was needed and not there anywhere else, so im into LK again i guess

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Have any Lynx arrived with paying customers yet?

The word is that Leaperkim has had to delay final production by a month, I believe due to sourcing Samsung 50S cells from the Samsung factory where the hold up lies!

Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but people with pre-orders are being told late January/February or later for delivery.

Edited by fbhb

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I don't think that's correct. The first 100x are underway now... LK has access to a wholesale volume supplier of the 50S cells. 

Here's another update for the Lynx: the production & QC wrapped up a few days ago, attached is the independent QC report which tested charging, motor/bearings, verification that the motor brackets were installed correctly, App connectivity & general function. 
The vessel, EVER FRONT, is scheduled to depart from Shenzhen on the 4th & arriving into the LA port on the 18th. Port processing typically takes about 5-8 days. The moment we get the 'all-clear' from the shipping agent, we'll be reaching out for the balance payments & try to get them out before the holiday descends.  
image (39).jpg

On the accessory front, Powerpads & seats: those are in the same container, the plan is to ship out at the same time, your order will include both of those for free.  
Lynx Seat, 3.jpgLynx Seat, 4.jpg

The Powerpads are essentially the same as the Patton, Sherman-S & V14, with laser-cut Velcro for accessing the screw-holes without having to rip them off for maintenance operations..  
V14 Lynx Orange Powerpads.jpg

image.png

Finally, for the tubeless tire, the best fit for this rim was the Longxin 841. This tire was tested for a couple hundred miles before selecting. There's also the Kenda K262 knobby tire option, but this tire has a tube—the sidewalls for the tire were not stiff enough to support a tubeless configuration. 
LongxinL841TireRS.jpg.eb61d04c830678e53f6068d8c4d5d6bb.jpg

Matching up a given production to preferred suspension & tire preferences can be a bit challenging when close to selling out. Once cleared from the port, we'll be processing balance payments on a first-placed order priority basis. Based on current deposits, it's looking like a close pairing to what was ordered at the factory. 

Great info! @Jason McNeil I know you won't be able to answer this with complete certainty because you don't control when the wheels come from China, but if I wanted to get my hands on one in like April or May, when would you say I'd need to put a order in by just based on demand? Was trying to skip batch one but I guess demand do that for me already 😅

48 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

Great info! @Jason McNeil I know you won't be able to answer this with complete certainty because you don't control when the wheels come from China, but if I wanted to get my hands on one in like April or May, when would you say I'd need to put a order in by just based on demand? Was trying to skip batch one but I guess demand do that for me already 😅

Yeah, according to LK, there's no notable production constraints for the Lynx. There's a predictable distribution curve, high for the first couple months, then it tends to flatten out around month 3-6. There's always exceptions, the OG Sherman had a couple years of continuous high demand, Kuji's viral video was a significant factor towards LKs rise to prominence :D 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah, according to LK, there's no notable production constraints for the Lynx. There's a predictable distribution curve, high for the first couple months, then it tends to flatten out around month 3-6. There's always exceptions, the OG Sherman had a couple years of continuous high demand, Kuji's viral video was a significant factor towards LKs rise to prominence :D 

Haha funny you highlight that, that's the video that got me into EUCs. Wanted a LK wheel since then but also wanted suspension, so Lynx looks like its finally the one.

Also, sorry if you addressed this, but is batch one the only batch eligible for the power pads/seat?

Edited by hydracricket

i can't wait until somebody gets one and fits a michelin pilot street 2  80/90-14 so i don't have to gamble on whether it would fit.

be nice to know if one fits and how difficult it is to change the tire. the s22 is easy peasy.

maybe a smart dealer when he gets his, like alien did with the v13, and try to fit one, so those of us that don't want a dollar chinese tire can decide.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

i can't wait until somebody gets one and fits a michelin pilot street 2  80/90-14 so i don't have to gamble on whether it would fit.

be nice to know if one fits and how difficult it is to change the tire. the s22 is easy peasy.

maybe a smart dealer when he gets his, like alien did with the v13, and try to fit one, so those of us that don't want a dollar chinese tire can decide.

Please stop spamming every thread with what tire you want on every wheel 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

Please stop spamming every thread with what tire you want on every wheel 😭

Wait a minute. @novazeus is really going to be buying a Lynx though. It's legit question.

He has three V13's, and is about to start a collection of S22/Pro's.

He is planning to buy a Lynx. Not sure whether he will build a collection of Lynx's, though. :) 

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Perhaps they are prioritizing your shop because other resellers for example in Europe got notified of a months delay.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Perhaps they are prioritizing your shop because other resellers for example in Europe got notified of a months delay.

Actually, if one thinks about it, this makes sense since the US market should be the largest, and ewheels.com is the US market for LeaperKim euc's.

Also, doesn't Europe usually lag behind the US in getting first production batches of new wheels in general?

Would like some advice about choosing suspension. I'm buying the lynx as my first euc. I'm currently at 100kg naked but I'm aming to drop to 80kg, like most fatties..

I can't see myself riding hard offroad with big jumps like the maniacs on youtube for the forseable future. I think I prefer a smooth ride but I'm planning to do alot of offroad riding within my limits.

What spring would you recommend for a noob like me?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Finally, for the tubeless tire, the best fit for this rim was the Longxin 841.

it would seem from the difficulty of finding a tubeless tire to fit the lynx rim, this longxin 841, being the best fit and i can't find any information on this tire anywhere, not even a photo of the pressures and loading markings on the sidewall. 

from the scant info and pictures of this longxin tire, i don't think i want it, and not knowing why their rim has difficulty with other tubeless tires, i won't be buying a lynx until i see somebody change out a tire to some tubeless branded tire, like michelin, pirelli, etc. 

is the longxin 841 tire used on any other euc?