Cancer of the world (Split from “e-mobility devices banned from city buses in Erie Pennsylvania”)

Paul D

On 7/1/2023 at 11:25 AM, Funky said:

I myself have already given up - Wont continue where this is going, but most will get the idea. And no i won't seek help. Because it won't change my life.

Dude, I actually missed this post until now.

Everyone has a worth my friend.

And everyone can find something that makes them happy, and willing to get up every morning.

I've been in some bad places myself in the past (Dad left at 13, lost my mother at 15, was left to fend for myself and went off the rails) but I am currently the happiest I have ever been, 36 years later.

I know you said you have written off seeking help so I won't be condescending by saying 'get help'. I didn't get help either (and, looking back, I really should have done) but it is still possible to help yourself.

And don't ever think that no-one will miss you. And even if you can't be around people, find a species you do admire/like, and help them instead. That still makes your existence beneficial, and worthwhile.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Dude, I actually missed this post until now.

Everyone has a worth my friend.

And everyone can find something that makes them happy, and willing to get up every morning.

I've been in some bad places myself in the past (Dad left at 13, lost my mother at 15, was left to fend for myself and went off the rails) but I am currently the happiest I have ever been, 36 years later.

I know you said you have written off seeking help so I won't be condescending by saying 'get help'. I didn't get help either (and, looking back, I really should have done) but it is still possible to help yourself.

And don't ever think that no-one will miss you. And even if you can't be around people, find a species you do admire/like, and help them instead. That still makes your existence beneficial, and worthwhile.

The thing is - i could be doing so many, endless possibilities.. I could study to become a doctor.. Become a trucker.. Security guard.. Etc.. I have all the time in the world. I simply have no motion of doing anything. I generally can't find anything in life that would motivate me. To me - there's nothing that is worth waking up in the mornings. I literally don't give a duck about anything.. (Only duck i give is about these dumb heavy EUC's, that keep releasing.) :D 

And i have been in this mindset for years. Even at school age. Everything we do in life is pointless. Who cares about other people and them missing. Sure i can see family crying, etc.. But you will have already escaped this shithole called life. <3

I have that "doomer" mindset..

Spoiler

doomer_6031.png

Edited by Funky

12 hours ago, Funky said:

(Only duck i give is about these dumb heavy EUC's, that keep releasing.) :D 

Well we have a smiley from you so thats something... :)

12 hours ago, Funky said:

And i have been in this mindset for years.

And you're still here. So there must be something you're getting up for every day :)

It's clear you very much enjoy riding EUC right? How did you buy your EUC? You don't have to answer, but do you work? When your 18XL expires/you want another wheel, you'll need to fund it. Working (even if you don't like the job) pays for that out of work enjoyment which for many is what it's all about. I actually like my job, but the pay is crap. It does however allow me a few things in life (eMTB, EUC and a cheap boat) which gives me 'enough' of a feelgood factor to happily deal with the low pay/low stress.

Even staying with EUC, imagine you find someone who thinks EUC would be a great idea but has no idea where to start. You train them to ride. They buy a wheel. You find you have a huge amount in common and end up thinking about when the next battery-draining long ride with them into the sunset will be. Suddenly the job you might not particularly like is funding a hugely enjoyable outside of work experience.

You might say that a hugely intelligent human being simply living to enjoy EUC is 'pointless' compared to say a medical researcher nailing cutting-edge cancer treatments for sick children. But say that childs dream is actually to ride EUC because they have seen you buzzing up and down the ward and wants you to teach them because the Dr hasn't got a clue/the time? I appreciate it's a bit off the wall but the point I'm making is that someones worth isn't based on pay, job skills, education, big house in 90210 or many other things that most folk think is the definition of 'success'. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Planemo said:

Well we have a smiley from you so thats something... :)

And you're still here. So there must be something you're getting up for every day :)

It's clear you very much enjoy riding EUC right? How did you buy your EUC? You don't have to answer, but do you work? When your 18XL expires/you want another wheel, you'll need to fund it. Working (even if you don't like the job) pays for that out of work enjoyment which for many is what it's all about. I actually like my job, but the pay is crap. It does however allow me a few things in life (eMTB, EUC and a cheap boat) which gives me 'enough' of a feelgood factor to happily deal with the low pay/low stress.

Even staying with EUC, imagine you find someone who thinks EUC would be a great idea but has no idea where to start. You train them to ride. They buy a wheel. You find you have a huge amount in common and end up thinking about when the next battery-draining long ride with them into the sunset will be. Suddenly the job you might not particularly like is funding a hugely enjoyable outside of work experience.

You might say that a hugely intelligent human being simply living to enjoy EUC is 'pointless' compared to say a medical researcher nailing cutting-edge cancer treatments for sick children. But say that childs dream is actually to ride EUC because they have seen you buzzing up and down the ward and wants you to teach them because the Dr hasn't got a clue/the time? I appreciate it's a bit off the wall but the point I'm making is that someones worth isn't based on pay, job skills, education, big house in 90210 or many other things that most folk think is the definition of 'success'. 

Everyone has two faces. One face that you put up around others. And other face when you are alone. It doesn't stop me from smiling or laughing. Around people i can laugh with them and show no misery/depression.

Riding EUC.. Well to be honest, i could give two ducks even about it. But i can agree it beats riding bicycle. :D  Well i walked in store and bought one. I was fired about when covid started. Haven't worked since. I have some $$$ saved, no debt, so i'm pretty set for next 4-5 years. (Need be i can even sacrifice my 4000$ that i have put aside for new PC.) After that, well.....

I don't care about "success" and what work you do. (Hey look that guy cured cancer.. And i would be like: big wuff. Now we got even more people that won't die. Ofc i would not say that out loud, but that i would think of..) I get what you mean. Even small thing that may look measly, may have a big live changing experience for some. You don't need to be some bigshot, to make a big impact in someone's life. Everyone's worth is equal, so on.. But same time it isn't - double standards.

4 hours ago, Vanturion said:

@Funky what do you think about this video?

It is what it is.. More or less sums up. The thing is - i see everything that is wrong in my life. And everything i keep doing. (Or lack of not doing anything to change.. Because what's the point.) Change life around.. Just so keep living extra 30-50 years. Where every day is more or less the same. (Sure you get those "happy" moments time to time.. But are they worth it?) Going to work that you may hate, spending 9-12hr everyday slaving away. Come home tired, don't wanna do jack shet.. Just so you can keep going on? I already have chosen my answer..

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

@Funky What would you like to do if you ignore how you currently feel?

I have asked/thought about that question many times.. Answer never came. If only option of not doing anything would be possibility.

Anyway.. No point talking about this. (Aaha you saw what i did there? No point as in everything is pointless.. Little bit of dark humor at the end.) This is a EUC forum, not a help hotline. :D 

Edited by Funky

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

everything is pointless.

That doesn't matter though. Nothing you do needs to have a point. If you want it to fine but if you don't, thats fine too. You can do something for no reason.

Rather than needing to be happy to do something, doing something can help you experience happiness.

Happiness is in you all the time even when you think you have none. Its events or circumstances that stop you experiencing it sometimes, but its always there. Never needs to be earned or deserved it just is. I know it doesn't feel like it sometimes. 

Just something to think about. 

Sometimes our inner self is trying to communicate with us but we just don't hear. Maybe ask your inner self how do you feel and what do you want?, listen, take notice and tell your inner self 'I hear you and I take notice'.  We all need to be heard, understood and valued. Everyone.

On 6/30/2023 at 5:05 PM, Freeforester said:

Irrespective of one’s personal beliefs surrounding climate change and carbon footprints, but some context given below;  I’m not sure you’ll stop planet Earth from being the (far) bigger ‘baddie’ in the carbon stakes, if you really do believe carbon dioxide is some sort of problem, but that’s a matter of education for all:

I wanted to come back to this after I had some time to watch it -- do you typically follow geological science advancements? I really like high-quality, somewhat technical stuff like this you have to go out of your way to find, so great share.

Some interesting takeaways for the TL;DW crowd (there's a lot more meat in the entire video):

• Discusses how the instantaneous dinosaur extinction event via asteroid impact theory we were all taught in school is not true according to a 20-year worldwide study headed by a Princeton geological team. Evidence points to being wiped out by a series of pulsed massive floods over time.
    • Definitely an interesting take. You'd really have to get into the details of the Princeton study to get more out of it: like how did the floods cover all landmasses, did they wipe out the ability for the flyers reptiles to feed, how exactly did the floods happen, etc.

• Shows location of faults and underwater volcanic activity responsible for melting the West Antarctica glaciers that have been infamously used as evidence of rapid melting caused presumably by “human activity warming”
    • These slides correlating location of faults and surrounding temperatures were some of the more compelling and obvious evidence easier to accept at face value without getting into the book IMO

• Shows the relative size to scale comparing the much smaller land and ocean layers vs the massive upper mantel convection system (thinking in terms of the energy potential of thermal mass) to give the audience a way to understand where the warming energy is coming from
    • Makes sense given he's referencing a now 2-week old Cambridge study that found all climate models to date have been underestimating the volcanic activity component of global warming by 2 to 4 times. I actually tried to look up online discussion on this to see how it's being interpreted, and the first thing that comes up was this article to immediately hand-waive and explain away how the volcanic component is negligible in climate models so it doesn't matter.

I mean you have to laugh at this kind of reaction. It's exactly what you'd expect to see as there is a lot riding on anthropogenic climate change. The entire thrust of this geologist's presentation and book is presenting evidence that demonstrates exactly how volcanic activity is significantly and erroneously understated in the study of climate.

If it's eventually somehow widely accepted that volcanic activity in all it's forms is the primary driver of climate change or warming, then that'd be bad for business considering how hard politicians and governments are currently putting their hand our tax money on the economic scale. At this point in history, I don't think The ScienceTM will be changing anytime soon.

Anyway, I assumed before that planetary orbital changes and extreme weather on the sun over time affecting the levels of radiative heat absorbed by the planet were more to blame for some of the massive average global temperature changes seen over hundreds of million of years, and they certainly could be contributors, but without accounting for geology and ever-present volcanic activity, sub glacial, oceanic, or otherwise, you really don’t get anywhere near the full picture which is obvious to me now.

Great talk and a fresh look that may help some question their allegiance to the current climate dogma. That said, energy efficiency and conservation of resources is always cool regardless of whether you adhere to the beliefs of the Church of Climatology or not.

Edited by Vanturion
  • Like 3

“I wanted to come back to this after I had some time to watch it -- do you typically follow geological science advancements? I really like high-quality, somewhat technical stuff like this you have to go out of your way to find, so great share.”

If you’re asking me @Vanturion, well, ‘sadly’ “I do”!   No time for the propaganda and circuses offered up by the MSM, and as ever, curious about what I was told in Chemistry (a subject I dropped, even though I did pay attention) at school, and wanted to know how or what had caused the ‘apparent’ change in basic physical properties of carbon dioxide, and how the human emissions had again ‘apparently’ overtaken the natural, globally vast natural emissions - of course, it’s somewhat inconvenient to followers of the climate crisis religion that these things have not changed, but that is where the true scientists fall foul of the vested interests and the idiocracy.  

A couple more fairly interesting links to serious-minded scholarly pieces, one points out 1) the ‘anomalies’ in the current carbon dioxide beliefs, the other  2) suggests why we may not have to worry too much about global warming, but consider that a cooling phase has quite probably been already entered, and gives rise to thoughts as to what we may (rather sooner than later) have to do in order to address this.    These are somewhat “inconvenient facts” (a great free app of the same name is available to download for scientifically verifiable bite-sized matters which do not fit into the politicos’ and propagandists rhetoric du jour, by the way), especially given the current ‘trendy and trending’ notions.

The first mentioned:

2nd:

Here’s one for the doubting viewer/ ‘crisis’-believing reader: Do you think ‘confirmation bias’ is on the increase? 

- Of course it is 🤔🤣

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vanturion said:

That said, energy efficiency and conservation of resources is always cool regardless of whether you adhere to the beliefs of the Church of Climatology or not.

Apropos the above-mentioned laudable traits:

https://youtu.be/NiHrCjqP4KQ

and 

https://youtu.be/sgOEGKDVvsg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vanturion said:

exactly how volcanic activity is significantly and erroneously understated in the study of climate.

It's worse than that.

Any understatement or omission gets backfilled into CO2 forcing.

The entire premise of the modeling is that the "natural" budget used by the models is authoritative and complete; anything not in that "natural" budget is backfilled as CO2 forcing. Oh, the joy of Taylor expansions.

None of the climate models used in IPCC reports or political policies include solar particle forcing. Their entire proxy for solar forcing from CMIP1 to CMIP5 consists of a narrow band of UV amplitude. One single value in a comma separated list.

Meanwhile, yearly hurricane strength has been shown to follow solar wind intensity with about a 10 month lag, thanks to the Van Allen belt, with the exception of 2003 and 2017. Both those  years, you will recall, we got hit by a decent CME. Hurricanes resulted within hours to days.  3 in a row out of the blue in 2017, if you remember, a day after we got hit.  Some kid won the Google sponsored National Science Fair with that discovery; it was quite the thing. None of that mechanism is in CMIP5; it is all backfilled into CO2 forcing. "Three major hurricanes in 3 days! The New Normal!!!"

Earthquake magnitude over 7 is reliably driven by solar forcing, to the point that you can predict when a 7+ earthquake will occur with 3 to 5 hours of lead time, 4 out of 5 times. Reliably.  "Where" it will be is a different issue, but the mechanism appears to do with electrical current flows that originate at the poles from solar wind that makes it down to the dirt, which then flows underground toward the equator, drawing aquifer toward and along the current path. When the sense of the solar wind's magnetic field changes during a local min or local max, the flux induces your 7+ earthquake somewhere, probably due to a large inrush of water (or egress from whence it came), to the point that you can 4 out of 5 times, predict a 7+ quake. Reliably. The prediction rate for magnitude 8+ is even more reliable; they pretty much never happen without that solar trigger.  None of that known root cause (the solar induced current flux) is in CMIP5. All of that effect and work is, by definition, backfilled into CO2 forcing.

The planet's magnetic field is weakening. This allows for solar particles to reach deeper into our atmosphere. Outbound lighting strikes - elfs, gnomes and sprites - didn't exist in the 70s. In the 80s, they were a conspiracy theory that only 2 or 3 pilots had claimed to have seen; by the 90s, pilots supposedly risked their license if they said they'd seen one. Then ISS took a photo of one, and today they are common. This is because the solar wind can now easily (electrically) directly couple with that strata, where before it could not. It also means the mouth of the magnetic bottle at the poles is closer to the surface, which means the cross section that intersects the surface is larger, as is the cross section that intersects other strata such as the Ozone layer.  Those layers get hit with more particles, meaning more interaction takes place; in the case of Ozone, for example, more of it gets whacked and the hole appears bigger.  In the case of the planet surface, it means more cancer and more electric current heading for the equator. None of the planet's magnetic field properties are in CMIP5. It is all backfilled into CO2 or blamed on pollution. I've heard talk that the Ozone hole in the south has grown large enough to cover the southern parts of Argentina; The lack of ozone means more UV is making it to the surface, killing plants and giving both caballeros and their cattle clouded eyes. They'll blame that on cars, though.

The planet's magnetic poles are shifting. The cause  of this is debated; some say it is the product of an internal process, others say it is a product of a 6000 year galactic wind density cycle, which seems more likely when one considers changes that are happening on the other planets, and that ambient dust within our system has increased. The galactic wind idea also consistent with the Carrington Event in 1859; either the Carrington Event sent the poles flying that year, or whatever triggered our sun to make that flare is what sent the poles flying. It's one or the other. It doesn't matter either way, since none of that is in the CMIP models.

How the Position of the North Magnetic Pole Has Changed Since 1590 ...

The WORK produced by the pole shift mechanism, whatever it is, is backfilled into CO2 forcing. It isn't in the budget. This is ok, according to climate experts, because the pole shift mechanism does not actually produce any work.

Our planet's daily rotation speed varies every day. The mechanism for this has been shown to be electromagnetic solar forcing. Some of the jerks to the crust have slowed the rotation by as much as 100+ms in one day. Others speed it up.  I don't know how much energy it takes to slow the planet's rotation by 100ms in a 24hr period by impedance / induction alone, but I do know that the resulting work is backfilled into CO2 forcing, because that mechanism isn't in the CMIP models.

It is important to realize, when one hears about CMIP models, that they insist that you can both induce, flow, and oscillate trillions of amperes of current without producing any work. It's fucking hilarious. Seriously, they need to patent that shit. No need to heatsink your mosfets, folks!  Lossless coupling, lossless transmission, according to them. The Carrington Event, according to them, produced no work.  Of course, that mechanism not being in the "natural budget", it gets backfilled into CO2 forcing.  *Everything* omitted from the "natural budget" goes into CO2 forcing.  It has to.  The CO2 forcing is the difference between the budget and observed.

CMIP6 introduced two new particle forcings, and last I checked, nobody could make the "CO2 drives climate" game work without basically nullifying those two new forcings. CMIP6 isn't relevant anyway, since NONE of the "climate policy" and propaganda is based on CMIP6. All of the IPCC garbage, policies, and public opinions are based on CMIP5 and prior, which exactly and only considers a narrow band of UV as THE proxy for the sun's complete impact, and in fact treat a number of hot solar forcings as cooling events when they dim the UV. To add injury to insult, that UV error goes into CO2, as heat, also.

Anyway, thought you might enjoy this. I'm certain I'll regret posting it.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sbb said:

4 out of 5 times. Reliably. 

:lol:

I really did find your whole post very interesting, thank you for that. The above quote was just too funny (twice!) to let pass. :D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The above quote was just too funny (twice!) to let pass.

It was bait, as you probably expect :)  The 79% prediction accuracy has been a bone of contention for some cultists in the past, until one compares the satellite mag field data to the quake magnitudes at those exact times. And then they shut up about it, because nothing like it is in the CMIP models. And that's that.

Off topic on the cool side, the Chinese and Italians are working on the where prediction to go along with when, and doing well with it.  Turns out, the old fable about "the animals knew it was coming" probably isn't just a myth; the present idea is to watch for outbound low freq radio, as well as low pressure cells in the atmosphere. That indicates an outbound lobe of electric charge (it'd be the other end of a current flow that originated at one of the poles). And it isn't a DC lobe; it's AC with a DC bias. It is reasonable to expect THAT is the reason why animals that are magnetosensitive start acting all f**ed up before a quake hits; the AC makes them borderline dizzy or whatever.  Quake-wise, a growing lobe at such a location should be where the deep aquifers will be affected the most by the electric current flow, which means the viscosity and density of the various strata will change the most as areas around it hydrate or dry out. There's additionally a bit of a fracking effect going on, as a side effect.  When the solar wind randomly induces a large mag flux into that area, the resulting electric current rush will cause a water inrush which basically fracks a 6, 7, 8 or 9 quake.  At least, that's what lab experiments are suggesting.  That's also why the when prediction cuts at magnitude 7; the mag 6 quakes occur both with and without the induction trigger.  As you'd expect, some of the 1 in 5 misses will roll in as a mag 6, but 6s also happen without the trigger and are effectively noise.

Cool stuff, either way.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:39 AM, Freeforester said:

Here’s one for the doubting viewer/ ‘crisis’-believing reader: Do you think ‘confirmation bias’ is on the increase?

Reminds me of an article from the other day:

Now, the Financial Times reports that the world's largest tech companies are negotiation with major media outlets to strike landmark deals for the use of news content to train AI chatbots.

These people said that publishers including News Corp, Axel Springer, The New York Times and The Guardian have each been in discussions with at least one of the tech companies. Those involved in the discussions, which remain in the early stages, added that the deals could involve media organisations being paid a subscription-style fee for their content in order to develop the technology underpinning chatbots such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google’s Bard.

As a mostly self-aware and politically homeless peasant, I've noticed we (the public) are often presented with the idea that humanity is constantly making progress without questioning what we're progressing to, or if that progression is even in our own self-interest. In fact, not only is meaningful discussion critical of the hierarchy of power that dominates the political, economic, and financial landscape at large distinctly missing in the public sphere (without actively seeking it out yourself), but the debate that is "allowed" to surface or is promoted by "the algorithms" is designed, presented, and teleprompted in a way to ensure meaningful change never occurs. I don't think it's difficult to come to the conclusion that we're mostly a managed people.

Why question any dogma, any zeitgeist, when the chatbots have done all the work for you digesting those thousands of articles with "reasonably unbiased" journalists opining on Peer-ReviewedTM academic studies by experts with zero conflicts of interest in their respective industries. Reinforcing your socially-acceptable and corporate media-approved opinions are a click away, controversial opinions are the domain of the social rejects after all. Praise Google, consume product.

Not the intended recipient of that question I know, but I had a go anyway. Guess I could've just said yes, but why answer with one-word when you can use 200 or whatever.

A couple more fairly interesting links to serious-minded scholarly pieces

~4 hours of videos, you aren't playing around.

suggests why we may not have to worry too much about global warming, but consider that a cooling phase has quite probably been already entered, and gives rise to thoughts as to what we may (rather sooner than later) have to do in order to address this.

Assuming one isn't in farming or energy production professionally looking to maximize outputs in more challenging or unpredictable conditions, just speaking academically, I personally find a different question more interesting to consider. Specifically Why the human-caused climate change narrative is pushed so hard, I mean considering that reasonably interested and independent-minded people such as yourself and others here can easily parse out how full of shit the narrative is.

I don't think it's just one thing either, but probably that the narrative serves an array of goals and strategic outcomes for the relevant powers and governments that actually get a say in, or more to the point, are actively shaping how things are run globally. Some ideas off the top of my head that could probably use further refinement:

1. Increase short and long term conspicuous consumption / economic activity
    • Pushing public into vehicles that will be more likely to be used as modern-day smartphones and ipads - that is to be discarded after the lifecycle of the large format battery (you likely won't be passing on your 25 year old Tesla to your kids or grand kids)
    • Creates artificial need for large-scale energy infrastructure projects often requiring massive deficit spending (while maintaining privatized profits, a kind of modern nobility) ultimately resulting in higher energy costs for customers with less predictable energy supply/production, AKA "renewables"

2. Depopulation of historically middle-class demographics that functionally provide the natural check on authoritative and centralized governance
    • Deliberately raises the cost of living in western countries by demonizing and penalizing traditional and dependable methods of energy production and utilization (oil, coal, nat gas)
      • Higher COL and energy costs = less family creation and starting of families for the natives
    • Climate propaganda instills a doom-mentality in the youth ("we're all dead in 10 years anyway") that provides the excuse to put off any long-term gratification goals/concerns such as developing marketable skills and later starting families ultimately wasting the human potential of those swayed by these insidious lies.

3. Increases (inter)dependency and reduces self-sufficiency both as a country and individually.
    • Accelerates the destruction of existing supply chains in the West that still supporting ICE products and have survived the forces of globalization of labor and trade thus far
      • Less domestic production = less economic opportunity = less self-sufficiency
    • Relocates the new transportation production to more cost-competitive areas like China where labor protections and regulations are much weaker and industry is already established and heavily subsidized.
      • Tellingly this should also be considered a (continued) "vote" for more authoritative governance in general by the powers that be as the concept of voting with your wallet doesn't just apply to the end consumer.

4. Promotes conformist "thinking" and ultimately the alignment to the centralization of political and economic power
    • Furthers the agenda to treat science as a declarative social purity test, instead of what it actually is, a powerful method of inquiry, in which people are socially pressured to espouse their allegiance to the climate narrative by parroting the "authoritative truth" at the expense of the ability to carefully considering any contradicting facts or dissent such as the ideas, links, and videos already provided in this thread.
      • This social reinforcement mechanism, peer pressure, also helps serve to lay the groundwork for future social credit scoring and other forms of social engineering as the ability to have meaningful public discourse is further degraded
    • Some counter-points to the "green transition" conveniently ignored that contribute to a degradation in critical thinking overall
      • Changing where the pollution occurs from the tailpipe to overseas mining, refining, and production resulting in idiotic and patently false "Zero Emission" claims
      • The assumption that energy such as oil and coal will simply stay in the ground and not be used to raise the living standards of other less wealthy or less fortunate countries with needed resources and commodities to trade for.

5. Increases speed of adoption of mass surveillance tech in transportation.
    • Provides impetus to get more voters/consumers into new vehicles, EVs in particular, that are increasingly loaded with cameras and antennas ensuring that all of their movements are tracked when they forget their slave tracking device smartphone at home
    • Supports some of the aims of the bio-security state agenda if/when authoritarians want to limit the movement of peoples whenever they declare the next global crisis
    • Supports the possibility of new taxation schemes such as direct tax by mile as your vehicle reports "anonymized" location history back to the manufacturer and to your respective government should new laws be passed
Edited by Vanturion
cleaned up some bullet points
  • Like 1

Yes, the ‘Cui buono’ aspect is rather all too often supplanted by the ‘bread and circuses’ show. You’d think with all the breathtaking ‘progress’ made post WWII we’d be deliriously happy by now, but when one looks around, it appears that the gains are all too often overshadowed by the downsides, hence the almost permanent anxiety and levels of depression among so many people, who seem ostensibly to ‘have it all’, apart from happiness and contentment  (and who coincidentally also often seem to have lost the critical thinking part of their brains). 

But hey ho - mustn’t grumble!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For the posters:  You've caught the attention of the moderators. We don't take sides. This thread will survive as long as you avoid "angry debates."  

For the readers:  If you don't enjoy this topic, take control of what you see. Your options are:

Carry on

4 hours ago, Freeforester said:

hence the almost permanent anxiety and levels of depression among so many people, who seem ostensibly to ‘have it all’, apart from happiness and contentment  (and who coincidentally also often seem to have lost the critical thinking part of their brains). 

What's that quote... "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" yeah, 100% there.

Just gonna throw this out there, but it probably has something to do with the low-to-high level amount of pretending and lying one might frequently feel compelled to align to in order to "go along to get along" and "not rock the boat" in many public and professional settings these days.

Speaking of pretending, take the office of the president for instance in the United States. If I were to summarize the entire function of the presidency, as it exists today, that the media circus spends so much time pontificating on and about it would be this: to read the teleprompter. The end. But hey, let's all keep pretending things work like they did 150 years ago.

4 hours ago, Freeforester said:

But hey ho - mustn’t grumble!

Certainly not. One wouldn't want to make the grave mistake of making someone out there in the digital ether uncomfortable with their dastardly and disagreeable opinions my good man. I hear a guy can get extra years thrown on their sentence if the authorities say they were harboring hate in some way :innocent1:

• Upvote 1

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but it took me a while to make the time @sbb. Such a dense post, had to look up a few of the acronyms you used too. Is this field of study related to your profession? Independent researcher?

On 7/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, sbb said:

Anyway, thought you might enjoy this. I'm certain I'll regret posting it.

Definitely did, that was a high-effort post. Much appreciated for the info. It's been many years since the time I used to automatically defer to the anthropogenic climate change narrative, but in all that time I haven't bothered to take the time to personally deconstruct the "actual science" the powers that be rely upon for their prognostications, that is the CMIP simulations themselves, as you detailed out. I've been lazy, more recently relying upon independent researchers such as James Corbett to distill developments from the primary sources when the topic comes up in current events from time to time.

Any understatement or omission gets backfilled into CO2 forcing.

they pretty much never happen without that solar trigger.  None of that known root cause (the solar induced current flux) is in CMIP5. All of that effect and work is, by definition, backfilled into CO2 forcing.

I don't know how much energy it takes to slow the planet's rotation by 100ms in a 24hr period by impedance / induction alone, but I do know that the resulting work is backfilled into CO2 forcing, because that mechanism isn't in the CMIP models

CMIP6 introduced two new particle forcings, and last I checked, nobody could make the "CO2 drives climate" game work without basically nullifying those two new forcings. CMIP6 isn't relevant anyway, since NONE of the "climate policy" and propaganda is based on CMIP6.

So basically the actual science has resulted in new discoveries characterizing profoundly relevant interactions between the earth and the sun affecting earth's climate, and the IPCC and their political supporters patently ignore these proven developments favoring relying on an old, now obviously disproven, climate simulation in order to support a political narrative that lacks any scientific credibility whatsoever. Are you not entertained?

Well thankfully for the powers that be, the public has the memory of goldfish as well as a "good" level of scientific illiteracy to ensure that their funding doesn't dry up anytime soon as they continue to force change via the entire global economy and overall energy profile based on false pretenses.

The planet's magnetic field is weakening

Those layers get hit with more particles, meaning more interaction takes place; in the case of Ozone, for example, more of it gets whacked and the hole appears bigger.  In the case of the planet surface, it means more cancer and more electric current heading for the equator.

Is it known if this is a cyclical weakening (on a very long timescale) or a permanent decrease in magnetic field strength? Something that's always bothered me is the existence of mars having virtually no ozone protection layer and thus no atmosphere capable of supporting life. Do we know if that is the ultimate fate of earth to be stripped of it's protective layer and rendered a lifeless husk like the red planet, at least on a timeframe somewhat relevant to us today?

The planet's magnetic poles are shifting. The cause of this is debated;

It doesn't matter either way, since none of that is in the CMIP models.

I had to laugh at your last sentence here because it seems any relevant party to these debates almost certainly knows anyone associated with the IPCC and the CMIP models is completely irrelevant with regard to making real scientific contributions. Federal funding/grants and federally guaranteed student loans have done quite the number on over the decades on academic integrity.

It is important to realize, when one hears about CMIP models, that they insist that you can both induce, flow, and oscillate trillions of amperes of current without producing any work. It's fucking hilarious. Seriously, they need to patent that shit. No need to heatsink your mosfets, folks!  Lossless coupling, lossless transmission, according to them. The Carrington Event, according to them, produced no work.  Of course, that mechanism not being in the "natural budget", it gets backfilled into CO2 forcing.  *Everything* omitted from the "natural budget" goes into CO2 forcing.  It has to.  The CO2 forcing is the difference between the budget and observed.

So basically the solar forcing natural phenomenon that induces the planet's mechanical acceleration and deceleration delta also, logically, generates heat losses via the electrical interaction which contribute to general atmospheric warming in addition to the more easily understood and known radiation heating (throwing that in there to differentiate between these 2 methods of heating earth's atmosphere both resulting from the sun). Am I in the right ballpark with this simplified summary?

To add injury to insult, that UV error goes into CO2, as heat, also.

'By the gods, we must make the numbers say CO2 warming otherwise we'll need to come up with some other scam to control the peasants!' Yeah, I think I'm getting a pretty clear picture how beyond the rubicon it is to pretend their climate models are The ScienceTM. Well, the ideology is pretty well entrenched in the youth now thanks to the government indoctrination centers we're suppose to pretend are quality educators, a whole host of terrible incentives over a long period of time, and what I would describe as an entirely hostile ruling/managerial class of questionably human people. Doubt things are going to turn around and take a turn toward objectivity and rationality anytime soon.

Anyway, I think this rant would go very well in video format with some more diagrams and pictures if you ever wanted to go that route. Thanks for the share!

Edited by Vanturion
fixed wording in a few places

41 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

Is it known if this is a cyclical weakening (on a very long timescale) or a permanent decrease in magnetic field strength?

A repeating ~12,000 year cycle with a 6000 year mid-cycle is found in the various disaster dates and in the proverbial rocks, but there's some slop in the dates that depends on the dating method. The 12k, 24k, 36k, and 48k events show up the best (worst) and were true cataclysms. The 6k, 18k, 30k, and 42k events have less impact but were still awful.  The rocks say we're due for one of the 12k ones, and the pole shift / mag field weakening seems to be one of the precursors.  The strength of the mag field may be the best proxy for when to expect it, but the mag field seems to have some other cycles associated with it, as well. YMMV.

There's obviously a mass die-off that happens with the 6k half cycle, and the 12k ones are reportedly magnitudes worse. Neither appear to be an extinction event for most species. A lot of everything dies, but enough things survive for most species to continue. Clearly, since the rocks show this disaster every 6k years, but we're still here after 150k+.

Still, it's coming at some point. And the move to an all-electric, immobile, no-farming bug-and-lab-meat society by our moral, philosophical, and intellectual betters might exacerbate the death toll.  Heck, even an average solar flare would immobilize and freeze / starve most of the planet if they get their way.  If that flare from a month or so ago hit us? We'd be months without power, waiting for all of the melted coils to be replaced.  If the flare were large enough, every piece of Romex in your walls would cook off. A little less than that, it'd just burn anything with a coil in it.  I will assert these things because in 1859 the telegraph wires literally burned on the poles during the Carrington event, and no amount of gaslighting will change that fact. There were no motors or lightbulbs yet; the only electrical infrastructure was railroad telegraphs. And that stuff burned on the poles, and in the stations.

51 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

So basically the solar forcing natural phenomenon that induces the planet's mechanical acceleration and deceleration delta also, logically, generates heat losses which contribute to general atmospheric warming in addition to the more easily understood and known radiation heating (throwing that in there to differentiate between the 2 sources of heat coming from the sun). Am I in the same ballpark?

Near enough.  Anything the sun does, that varies without directly following the amplitude of a narrow band of UV spectrum, is treated as human forcing.  That narrow band of UV is the sole proxy for the entirety of the sun's effects; ANY solar effect that changes which doesn't directly follow UV brightness is, therefore, not in the "natural budget" and gets blamed on us.

If one doesn't understand what that means, I'll give an example - CMIP6 contains two new parameters for solar forcing. Great!
What people need to comprehend is that CMIP5, on which EVERYTHING spewed about about climate change is based, doesn't have those two parameters.  CMIP5 puts those two parameters, and everything else not present, into the YOUR FAULT column.

Back to non-radiant solar forcing.

How much energy is involved? I can only speak of the potential of it by mentioning Jupiter's moon Io.  Nothing that drives Io's temperature is present in any CMIP model. According to CMIP5, Io's volcanism is apparently powered by cow farts -> on Jupiter <-. It must be. It's the only mechanism that CMIP5 allows, since there is no proxy for interaction with a magnetosphere in CMIP5. Since CMIP5 is "settled science," folks, NOBODY gets to walk that shit back. If your climate budget cannot explain Io, it's a grift. It has to work with what's observed, and Io lays it out in simple terms.

Speaking of magnetospheres, our planetary length-of-day changes appear to follow a solar cycle. For the past decade or so, the sun would spew stuff and shift the crust forward by a few dozen millisec when it hit us. But the last five years, that trend has reversed by quite a lot. Now, that charged stellar dust hits us and the crust gets clocked back by dozens of msec, sometimes hundreds; "new records" keep getting set with how much the rotation is physically shifted.  In a decade or so, the cycle will change the other way, and push things forward again. And so forth.

Mechanically speaking, we know the mechanism should be electrical, and some people are theorizing that it affects the coupling between the planet's crust and mantle; it's the same magnetic effect that makes our EUC motors work, but in this case it appears to also affect a viscous coupling in the same way an automatic transmission can shift gears.  The flux forces a change in viscosity in entire surface of the mantle, while at the same time inducing the crust to clock one way or the other. Once the flux passes, things return to normal and stuff locks back up.  Still, other people say there's no effect on viscous coupling, and it is the entire crust and mantle that get clocked. I don't need to care which one is correct - both ideas agree that neither are in any climate change "natural budgets". Both are a fuck ton of (thermodynamic) work, and we get the credit. We are told that the effect will selfishly murder everyone unless we agree to eat bugs, somehow.

I wish I were joking. That little moon named "Io" will not be ignored, nor will the mechanism behind the occasional daily spontaneous shifts of our entire planetary surface. The two things are very much related.

49 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

Something that's always bothered me is the existence of mars having no ozone protection layer and thus no atmosphere capable of supporting life.

Indeed. But the lack of ozone seems to be due to a lack of magnetic field; the solar dust does not get pushed to the poles in a "magnetic bottle" like it does, here. Instead, the charged dust makes it right to the atmosphere and shreds any ozone, which then then no longer acts as a UV filter.  At least, that is what we observe in our own poles.

Also interesting is why the coma/tail blown off a comet near Mars would cause a hemisphere-wide dust storm on a planet with little atmosphere and no "weather". Maybe CMIP6 can answer that one, rofl.

Not.

Cheers,

• Upvote 2