The Photo Thread

SlowMo

23 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

My Grandmother was from Kirkcaldy. She came to the States in 1913 

Kirkcaldy... no wonder they wanted to leave. My parents uprooted and moved the family to Vancouver Island as a child. We lasted 6 years , then my dad made the call to move us back. 

Image is an artist’s impression 

75C0F88D-390B-43BE-8190-C3EB21FCCD1F.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ah yes, the good old nuclear powered EUCs

The last two long rides on the Monster produced one encounter with TWO horse riders and another encounter where several large pastures (birders with long lenses two months ago) are now filled with maybe 500 head of cattle (black).

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

EUCs

'The latest dairy shake up' news:

My route to Boston goes by a milk processing plant. Recent news says the plant is scheduled to close later this year.

"Dean Foods, the parent company of Garelick Farms, blamed the closure on falling milk sales"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/05/23/garelick-farms-dairy-lynn-announces-will-close-plant/bt4I4Tv92hTBJlxIHlT5nO/amp.html

No bull....

To my North in the old town of Newbury (1634), the first migrants from England aboard the ship 'Mary and John' (1634) requested 'Dutch cattle' and some pigs from voyage vessels to follow the 1634 landing in order to raise on salt hay found in the marshes of Plum Island (across from Sandy Point) at Newbury.

I'd guess that clearing land for farming must have been back breaking work requiring horse or oxen to uproot tree stumps.

Looking at the map north of Newburyport is the Seabrook , New Hampshire nuclear power plant. A loop on EUC to Seabrook and Hampton beach from Newburyport might be feasible in 80+ degree weather in the weeks to come.

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

good old nuclear

I'm not a foreigner to the NRA:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07we0osMR1zNDliYjBjNGItOTc4Yi00ZGVkLWFjNTktMjYzMGUxNjZiMzUx/view?usp=drivesdk

Assuming I didn't lock the upload in some way the viewed certificate reflects the philosophy of:

1- don't drink it

2- don't drop it

3- don't drive away with it

I've been through a few labs using it over the decades. They probably keep a personal file on everyone while the stuff decays and becomes disposed of properly.

It was dark when I left the nearby McD's. after a burger and soda. SSU (Salem State University) which is across the street graduated it's class a few days ago. Still the parking lot was full, police one duty, people used the sidewalks, an Asian women in black heels wearing a black graduation gown stood in McD's and two Hispanic women with big boobs dressed in tight colorful pattern dresses were seated across from my table there as I left.

I decided to continue on to the grocery store a mile or more away for some fruit, Monster's headlamp breaking the dark of night. Just passing the bus stop that I frequently use to go to Boston via Lynn  I passed a graduation gown clad African American fellow. The handsome guy wore his red trimmed gown (SSU colors are orange white) as he walked along. His voice politely said....'excuse me' which struck the core of me such that I came to a stop. 'Can you tell me where the bus to Lynn stops'? I replied that the bus stop was  a few feet back from where we stood. He asked 'Do you know when the next bus to Lynn is'? My cell phone battery had died and I I replied that the next bus could be any minute or quite a a long wait.

We went our separate ways and several blocks down the street the bus to Lynn passed by, hopefully with the new 'North Shore Community College' graduate aboard.

NSCC, which has a Lynn campus,  had used SSU for its graduation.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

It was dark when I left the nearby McD's. after a burger and soda. SSU (Salem State University) which is across the street graduated it's class a few days ago. Still the parking lot was full, police one duty, people used the sidewalks, an Asian women in black heels wearing a black graduation gown stood in McD's and two Hispanic women with big boobs dressed in tight colorful pattern dresses were seated across from my table there as I left.

I decided to continue on to the grocery store a mile or more away for some fruit, Monster's headlamp breaking the dark of night. Just passing the bus stop that I frequently use to go to Boston via Lynn  I passed a graduation gown clad African American fellow. The handsome guy wore his red trimmed gown (SSU colors are orange white) as he walked along. His voice politely said....'excuse me' which struck the core of me such that I came to a stop. 'Can you tell me where the bus to Lynn stops'? I replied that the bus stop was  a few feet back from where we stood. He asked 'Do you know when the next bus to Lynn is'? My cell phone battery had died and I I replied that the next bus could be any minute or quite a a long wait.

We went our separate ways and several blocks down the street the bus to Lynn passed by, hopefully with the new 'North Shore Community College' graduate aboard.

NSCC, which has a Lynn campus,  had used SSU for its graduation.

Is this the prologue to an Eisenman booked called "Monster PI", where your hero is a super sleuth who rides an EUC?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jerome said:

Is this the prologue to an Eisenman booked called "Monster PI", where your hero is a super sleuth who rides an EUC?  

My next video plan was to make an image stabilized 'roll by' video of the Newburyport cattle herd. I was thinking of shooting on Saturday before Memorial day (EBay expected delivery date)/but the new Activeon CX Gold camera I recently bought won't charge via USB port (?) , I decided not to return the on sale item, I didn't pay $5 for any reason return and replace and the 'fast' external battery charger I bought on EBay won't arrive until Tuesday, according to USPS.

???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

My next video plan was to make an image stabilized 'roll by' video of the Newburyport cattle herd. I was thinking of shooting on Saturday before Memorial day (EBay expected delivery date)/but the new Activeon CX Gold camera I recently bought won't charge via USB port (?) , I decided not to return the on sale item, I didn't pay $5 for any reason return and replace and the 'fast' external battery charger I bought on EBay won't arrive until Tuesday, according to USPS.

???

Aaah, I see. What were they thinking? They have given us the Internet, super cameras and selfie sticks, drones, EUCs .. my god!?

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

my god!

Wow...Philly (your city)....or as my old room mate there said...'filthy dumpia'! I worked on call as an arterial blood gas tech at Presbyterian Medical in West Philly for at least a year while there in the 1970's.

Tech wise the word processor hadn't been invented yet and the ABG machine was as big as a water jacketed shoe box.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

"Monster PI"

I guess that's a step up from the label 'no action tiger' bestowed on me by the blonde girl in the PhD program  in Philly (1970s) who was from Staten Island.?

Man I'd never seen a girl throw herself at someone in a dating relationship like she and the medical student who dated and dumped her.

She was into platelets and growth factors. 4.0 gpa type of person.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

@meepmeepmayer 

I always enjoy your Alps region photos. Your new camera does take nice pics. On a hunch I set out , 31 miles ago, to check up on the herd of 'hundreds' of cattle. Only 4 were left at the Colby farm, about 30 miles into the ride.

Sorry no Gotway Monster in the pics and video. Bridge repairs in 'Byfield' force a minor but interesting work around the Parker river, presumably named after one of 1634 settlers from England who came on the vessel Mary and John.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Parker_(minister)

Colby farm, Newburyport, MA

Colby farm, Newburyport, MA

Oh no! a video in the pictures post area.?

Mileage trace for ride

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@meepmeepmayer 

I always enjoy your Alps region photos. Your new camera does take nice pics. On a hunch I set out , 31 miles ago, to check up on the herd of 'hundreds' of cattle. Only 4 were left at the Colby farm, about 30 miles into the ride.

Sorry no Gotway Monster in the pics and video. Bridge repairs in 'Byfield' force a minor but interesting work around the Parker river, presumably named after one of 1634 settlers from England who came on the vessel Mary and John.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Parker_(minister)

Oh no! a video in the pictures post area.?

Mileage trace for ride

That's pretty flat. Don't you have mountain there? :P

Bob approves of his new friend.

he never attacks me on the eucs but for some reason attacking me on the escooter is big fun. i literally had to bail and run off because i thought we might collide but he does love running with the ewheels so that's all that matters.

2018-05-25_07-23-37

Edited by novazeus

8 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Wow...Philly (your city)....or as my old room mate there said...'filthy dumpia'! I worked on call as an arterial blood gas tech at Presbyterian Medical in West Philly for at least a year while there in the 1970's.

Tech wise the word processor hadn't been invented yet and the ABG machine was as big as a water jacketed shoe box.

Hehe, I am unfortunately have first hand knowledge of the world you elude to in the above text. You have a good sense of humor and I was only half kidding about some of your post. They are well written, colorful and often the imagery is very rich. Your picture travel log looks more like the travels of a motorcyclist than a euc rider.  Enjoy! ?