The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

There was a group ride in San Diego today, we had a lot of fun! Here’s an album of all the photos we got:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1mtWa4A5vUmddPa19

Good to see that the ACM2 is hanging in there :thumbup:

P.s. Maybe this should have been posted in the Video Thread ;) I hope they didn't give you a hard time, seeing that you were the only guy with a proper wheel :lol:

Edited by Marty Backe

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Last weekend was a long one, due to a public holiday (Labour Day) on Monday - and the weather was stunning!

We were also fortunate enough to have an Auckland rider down here in Wellington... Which was the perfect excuse for a group ride...

Group Photo - Labour Day 2018

Very nice. Is that the charming Mrs.TFU next to you?

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Very nice. Is that the charming Mrs.TFU next to you?

It certainly is, and yes I know. She is way out of my league!

She was riding the King Song scooter (to the left) that day, but is coming along nicely with her EUC lessons - And I am working on a custom surprise to motivate her to want to finish learning (so watch this space).

• Like 3

A 'Panoraven' shared - 360 photo of Autumn foliage around Salem Harbor (Massachusetts). My Ninebot (white) and I (blue) are near the foot bridge below.

https://panoraven.com/slider/bUCzw7Zuce

By November most of the boats in Marblehead Harbor (Massachusetts) have gone to winter storage.

https://panoraven.com/slider/gRuop80gII

Edited by Bob Eisenman

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice pictures. That looks like a place than can get very cold. Would it be possible to go cross-country there on these meadows, or rather not?

It’s a great place for cross country, just hard to get up to in the winter as it’s not a developed area. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A few minutes ago on a grocery run. Today the wind really has blown.

Wind fallen tree - Salem, Mass. - Nov 3, 2018Wind fallen tree - Salem, Mass. - Nov 3, 2018

Poor Bob. Relegated to a Ninebot :crying:

I feel for you buddy. 

59 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That looks like a place than can get very cold.

My nephew, who lives his own life now with wife and three kids, studied in Moscow , Idaho a bit farther north. He  was unhappy there due to  loss if maximum financial compensation rather than the weather. Master's degree in hand from school in New Zealand he's done really well. 

I don't think he gives a damn about electric unicycles....having hiked on foot from Georgia to Maine on the AT trail.

At Arco, Idaho's craters of the Moon park you can enter old 'lava tubes' which have year round ice just a feet feet below the surrounding land. The porous lava is a good insulator.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

By cross country I mean with the wheels. Not necessarily in winter. I think "cross-country" can have some other meaning, but I didn't mean that, my bad:efee47c9c8: You mean with the wheels? That would be dreamy.

I thought you meant skiing ?. This is my first time with the wheels there. It took a lot of battery to get up the mountain to the plateaus . Once you’re up there you could ride for days without seeing a soul. It is a very nice area to ride. Might have to invest in a 2400 watt wheel.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Jane at Gotway says my motor serial number (S/N) is out of warranty and the cost of a new motor is $264.

Given that they often use a year old motors in some wheels, that's pretty brazen. Though the price is outright cheap compared to other options, so I guess it's your best bet (what about shipping, though?). Speedyfeet and Jason didn't work out? It's either that or a (more expensive) battery-less new wheel.

• Like 1