20 minutes ago, mtl said:

V14 Cruise:

• Cushier suspension coil
  • Street tire
  • Black side panels
  • Seat?
  • Maybe something to boost range, if possible

I would like to see a 20" version too.

Perhaps up the voltage to increase range and stay with 4P.

3 hours ago, Robse said:

Chooch - the king of crash  -   or is it crashking? :facepalm:

indeed he is. But among all youtubers, Chooch is the only pilot I care to see using and abusing the Adventure (50GB or 50S). He would put it on its habitat and purpose.
Kuji would be interesting as well and he produces very professional videos.
Very different styles, both fun to watch. :efee612b4b:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2023 at 1:57 AM, Vince.Fab said:

This is awesome data and it really shows the effectiveness of the progressive spring.  One interesting thing I see is the amount of force required to start suspension travel, about 112 lbs.  Could just be testing method or the amount of preload. 

Hi Vince, can you help me with the lower text on the chart? It is too small for me to be able to read it. Perhaps is Travel vs vertical force?

2 hours ago, mtl said:

V14 Cruise:

• Street tire
  • Black side panels
  • Seat?

YES!

I’m waiting for this as my next wheel. Hopefully next spring. And this definitely should come with a 14” rim. 

46 minutes ago, GPSchile said:

indeed he is. But among all youtubers, Chooch is the only pilot I care to see using and abusing the Adventure (50GB or 50S). He would put it on its habitat and purpose.
Kuji would be interesting as well and he produces very professional videos.
Very different styles, both fun to watch. :efee612b4b:

Chooch is the advanced destructive hillbilly, Kuji the avantgarde leatherjacket rider 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Robse said:

in my high-tax country costs approx.  $ 4700 

That's an outrageous price for the v13, i even overpaid at $4k

9 hours ago, Robse said:

wheel to work properly out of the box.

I would think at any price with the proper QC it should work out of the box. Luckily, Jason at e-wheels made the process very smooth and with little wait. All of the parts i needed were immediately shipped right to my front door within days of reporting the problems. And it's for that reason i went ahead and ordered the v14 through them without hesitation.

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

In your dreams you are riding it at 60mph.

Firstly, i never said i was riding it at 60mph, it's well documented that i have not exceeded 54mph. I simply said i can ride it at that speed if i wish. Secondly, is there some reason you don't think it's capable of 2mph faster than has already been displayed by @OMGitsRAAZ? You do know i have "fancy" mode unlocked don't you? Anyway, i may never go 60 on it but with a free spin of 88mph. I'm fairly certain 60 wouldn't be an issue. It doesn't have a speed problem , it has a low end torque problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GPSchile said:

Hi Vince, can you help me with the lower text on the chart? It is too small for me to be able to read it. Perhaps is Travel vs vertical force?

The text is: "Shock absorption stroke L/mm". Look at my version of the chart, the quality of the picture is slightly better.V14SuspensionForce.thumb.jpg.229fb4abea77e60b69f7b029e3e3706a.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Firstly, i never said i was riding it at 60mph, it's well documented that i have not exceeded 54mph. I simply said i can ride it at that speed if i wish. Secondly, is there some reason you don't think it's capable of 2mph faster than has already been displayed by @OMGitsRAAZ? You do know i have "fancy" mode unlocked don't you? Anyway, i may never go 60 on it but with a free spin of 88mph. I'm fairly certain 60 wouldn't be an issue. It doesn't have a speed problem , it has a low end torque problem.

It's not a matter of what is technically possible, people are claiming high speeds left and right like it's nothing which is a bit ridiculous and it's seldom GPS speeds we're talking about either, why even throw out 60mph there like it's nothing? The only people hitting those speeds are those pushing the limits in perfect conditions with a phone in their hand in watching/edging towards lower and lower PWM.

You did it again right now! "60 wouldn't be an issue", then go ahead and do it. 😎

7 hours ago, mtl said:

Marty's initial thoughts about the stiffness of the V14 suspension made me wonder if Inmotion shouldn't release two versions of this wheel:

V14 Adventure:

• Stiffer suspension to prevent bottoming out
  • Knobby tire
  • Orange side panels

V14 Cruise:

• Street tire
  • Black side panels
  • Seat?

Though at least the changes for a more street-oriented configuration can be achieved via mods.

I think I get what you are trying to achieve.... But... 

Is something is designed toward some specific target group use case as off road riding. That product will from the initial design not be good to mod it into a very different target use. 

We have seen this is past releases. Just as an example KS16X where community cried out for higher too speed. It got changed at expense of safety margin resulting in overlean crashes. 

I am not saying some changes could not be made but it will always suffer as it is hard to change pedigree/initial design choices. 

Personally I like to see a V11 series but build in the V14 design philosophy. 

By this I mean 18" model with same battery pack as V14 design. A metal  individual battery pack case. Easy access to tire and battery changes and limited suspension maintenance. 

I would not need that high speed of V14 now that very high torque either. Nor the high drop/jump stiff suspension. But the V14 is what it is and that is not entirely what I wish for. It could be in the right direction but since I am unlikely to ever get a test ride option without just buying I, it is very difficult for me to see how much I would like a current V14 design in practical use day to day. 

My use is changing compared to riding my first EUC a V8. I like my V11. But I really miss the battery monitoring of cell level. Yes the V11Y might be good but the service side seems to be too similar to the V11 (at least at this stage). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some might have posted this before but I might have missed it. 

It is possible to add English CC. 

I wamere tired watching this but it seems to have a fair bit of details on ride sensation and quality evaluation. 

But the CC text was a bit too fast for me to catch all details on first view. 

It kept my interest triggered despite @mtl I am on your page on a street/computer biased V14 version.

I am 7nlikely to do anything as I. Ordering right now but in spring things might look different and early iteration fixes should be in place if launch is like any major EUC launches the past few years from any brands. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

I would like to see a 20" version too.

Perhaps up the voltage to increase range and stay with 4P.

I don't see a need to up voltage to achieve longer range... It is could just as well be same voltage but with more Wh. 

Edited by Unventor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I don't see a need to up voltage to a hive longer range... It is could just as well be same voltage but with more Wh. 

There are a number of ways to increase range. However, the main competitors are going 150 V and 168 V. I suppose it depends on market demand as to which way to go. Right now, interest appears to be ramping up in the 150 V Lynx and the 168 V Commander GT Pro.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Some might have posted this before but I might have missed it. 

It is possible to add English CC. 

I wamere tired watching this but it seems to have a fair bit of details on ride sensation and quality evaluation. 

But the CC text was a bit too fast for me to catch all details on first view. 

It kept my interest triggered despite @mtl I am on your page on a street/computer biased V14 version.

I am 7nlikely to do anything as I. Ordering right now but in spring things might look different and early iteration fixes should be in place if launch is like any major EUC launches the past few years from any brands. 

The rider states that the version with the Samsung 50S battery cells has 20% shorter range than with the 50GB battery cell. My understanding is that both have the same battery capacity. Perhaps this is due to the higher speed limit at low battery level on the 50S version? Does it make sence to you? 

6 hours ago, GPSchile said:

The rider states that the version with the Samsung 50S battery cells has 20% shorter range than with the 50GB battery cell. My understanding is that both have the same battery capacity. Perhaps this is due to the higher speed limit at low battery level on the 50S version? Does it make sence to you? 

Looks like a mistake. Maybe he calculated the mileage for 40T instead of 50S? These cells have a 20% difference in capacity (4000mAh 40T vs. 5000mAh 50S).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Sorry for delay here, working with Inmotion on fact-finding mission & remedition plan for the Marty V14 failure case... Should have some details to share by the end of the week.
Keep in mind for max speed, range, stepped speed reduction & low-voltage get-off values, these are all tweaks that can be changed in firmware before first shipments. 
This is a graph of the current speed to voltage % levels, there ought to be more than enough battery margin to push this out to full performance @ 30%.

V14SpeedtoVoltageRelationshipEN.thumb.png.7886b5584ba541cae949249436a4ac41.png 

Hi Jason, thanks so much for sharing and all your efforts.
I wonder if this will be designed with different profiles for each driving mode (D vs S).
I would expect for "D" a speed profile maximizing efficiency, together with other variables to extend mileage;
 while for "S" a profile looking for maximizing performance.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:16 AM, Marty Backe said:

The V13 and V14 has redundant hall sensors. So yes, one could fail while riding without noticing.

But now the control board blew up, so yeah, probably wasn't the hall sensor to begin with.

I'll be taking the wheel apart. Roger helped me with the A2 because I had a broken ankle and was in bed :)

It is good InMotion listens to riders needs and kept the redundant Hall sensors. Safety first, no broken bones.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 3:23 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Based on the fact me and many others 

I'm not disputing your experience or the anecdotal evidence we all have access to.

But no one has actual data except the companies, and we ain't getting that...

On 11/6/2023 at 4:07 AM, techyiam said:

A single data point doesn't make a trend.

It would be a rarity for an early batch wheel to have zero issues.

YES.

YES.

13 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

MEGATHREADS.... why? 

There are many themes here: Types of Battery, prices, taxes, suspension, Off  roads testing vs on road, range etc.   

On 1/20/2023 at 10:24 AM, RagingGrandpa said:

You're not alone...

Megatheads are a natural result of this forum software, where it is not practical for us to create EUC-model-specific subforums. Sorry. 

We encourage users to make new topics for specific discussion points. In this case (V13), especially when the discussion is not directly about the product launch itself. This megatopic is best for the day-by-day news of the new model; but will be a poor technical reference for future owners. For example: if you own a V13 and had a problem with it, better to search the Inmotion subforum for your problem, and if you don't find a topic for it already, start one.

Moderators can also help on a case-by-case basis, by moving posts from the megathread, to other new or existing topics. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

It is good InMotion listens to riders needs and kept the redundant Hall sensors. Safety first, no broken bones.

I just saw the hall sensor cable (from a private Inmotion video) and based on the number of wires it appears that the V14 only has one hall sensor. I'll confirm when I open mine tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2