Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

57 minutes ago, techyiam said:

To say it has 1800 Wh battery capacity, I would think 100 V or 134.4 V battery configuration is more likely.

Samsung 50E or 50S cells

(1) 126 V = 30 cells x 4.2 V.  

30 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 3P = 1620 Wh

30 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 4P = 2160 Wh

(2) 134.4 V = 32 cells * 4.2 V.

32 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 3P = 1728 Wh

(3) 100.8 V = 24 cells * 4.2 V.

24 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 4P = 1728 Wh

no need for calculations, 126v will be advertised 2200wh like s22 or pFatton, 134v it's 2400wh like master ecc, 100v gold classic 1800wh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EMA said:

no need for calculations, 126v will be advertised 2200wh like s22 or pFatton, 134v it's 2400wh like master ecc, 100v gold classic 1800wh

The dealers and distributors are currently advertising 1800 Wh for the Inmotion V14 Adventure.

I guess we just have to wait a couple more days for the official launch.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Planemo said:

3P with 9kW max motor...  :unsure:

9000 W is peak power

Maximum Continuous Power = 4000 W.

Samsung 50S cells:  Maximum Continuous Discharge 25 A,  and 45 A with 80C temperature cut.

4000 W / 134.4 V = 29.8 A

9000 W / 134.4 V = 66.7 A

3P -> 3 x 25 A = 75 A

-> 3 x 45 A = 135 A

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Samsung 50S cells:  Maximum Continuous Discharge 25 A,  and 45 A with 80C temperature cut.

Fair enough, I didn't know that the 50S had such a high rating. I had 10A in my head, maybe thats the 50E.

• Like 1

Although the review below suggests a 20A/35A limit rather than 25A/45A. Still, thats a bloody strong cell given the capacity. Impressive.

"At under 10A this is the best performing round cell we can buy. At 10A and 20A it slightly outperforms the Molicel P42A and at 30A they are about equal. The Samsung 50S does run hotter though and the P42A runs at a higher voltage at the start when at high power levels.

Samsung lists the max continuous discharge rating at 25A. This rating has an 80°C temperature limit but the cells I tested get close to 90°C at 25A down to 2.5V so I am rating them at 20A continuous. I do not know why these cells ran hotter as Samsung does not exaggerate their ratings.

The dataheet also lists a 45A “temperature limited” rating. Samsung says you can run the 50S at up to 45A but you must never let the temperature of the cell go over 80°C. Since the cells I tested ran hotter than they are supposed to I am giving them a 35A non-continuous rating as long as you keep their temperature below 80°C.

I recommend staying at 20A or lower though to reduce risk, increase performance (less voltage sag), and to increase the life of the cell.

The two cells I tested delivered 5117mAh and 5122mAh. This is fantastic consistency and is typical of cells from the big manufacturers.

At this time, Vapcell rewraps this as their red T50, rated by them at 20A/35A 5000mAh."

11 minutes ago, EMA said:

100v can be done with 2250wh too, but they need to balance the battery weight, we'll see

Yeah, with a 5th pack, it kind of tedious to place this pack. An obvious location would be at the top below the controller, but the need for adequate heatsink cooling flow, and some of this space would be occupied by the linkage and shock, the pack may need to be custom shaped to go on top of the controller? Not sure if the manufacturer would want this much trouble to deal with an odd pack. The Kingsong S18 did a 3P by splitting the 3rd pack into halves, one of each side at the rear. I suppose with the rear linkage and shock, it balanced out.

31 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Although the review below suggests a 20A/35A limit rather than 25A/45A. Still, thats a bloody strong cell given the capacity. Impressive.

The 50S should be good, since 4000 W is the continuous power.

The 9000 W is instantaneous peak power.

I hope that the 50S has come down and stay low in price enough for Inmotion to include them and not pull them at the last moment.

Edited by techyiam

I thought it was pretty well known that this wheel was 134v. Unless they are going to have multiple options for purchase. Maybe the wheel will come in 2 different flavors and price points. Guess we will find out soon enough

37 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I thought it was pretty well known that this wheel was 134v. Unless they are going to have multiple options for purchase. Maybe the wheel will come in 2 different flavors and price points. Guess we will find out soon enough

I think that was what most people were expecting, at least until websites started to list the 1800 Wh battery capacity for the Adventure. That was when people started to have doubts and uncertainty. Like you said, we will know soon enough.

If the CEO says it is 136V just two months ago then why would they downgrade their technology to 100V and use the Raptor to control it. Double NO WAY.

A site was the cause of all this. Just because it is called ‘’Inmotion Europe’’ it doesn’t mean that it has anything to do with InMotion. So simple. Nothing to take seriously. 

what is the launch event that inmotion global is referring to ?  is it just a youtube video posting at a certain time ? (2200hrs gmt tomorrow) or something else.  btw,  inmotion global has been posting some pics allowing readers to post their guesses at the price of the adventure,  charging current of the charger etc,.... its interesting....

paulg;

thanx, that seems to be the logical place for it.  well,  we will know soon enuf.... realisically, after the launch,  probably when they start shipping will be around end of sept to mid oct.  i cant see it being later than that.... thanx again for the direction...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bpong said:

what is the launch event that inmotion global is referring to ?  is it just a youtube video posting at a certain time ? (2200hrs gmt tomorrow) or something else.

2200 hrs GMT+8. So 1400 hrs (2 pm) GMT (UTC).

Yes, it’s usually a YouTube video demonstration.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paul g said:

These are not speculations, it is based on info already released. Why are you ruining the thread???

You are free to continue using this thread. Just trying to make it cleaner. A lot of the discussion in this thread is about what the official specs will be (voltage, battery etc.) We don't need more megathreads that start from rumours and end 100+ pages long and official release is somewhere in between. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

All wheel launches have been the same. It is nothing different with this one. If you are after specs, after this launch you will get them from any site that sell wheels. This is not simply about some dry, soulless, tasteless, specs, it is about discovering what this wheel is about. And when a wheel is eagerly expected then we will see a long, very long, thread. Life is not all about getting to one point, it is more about the road that takes us there. 

• Like 1