Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I assume this is just bad info on a dealer's site.

If not, maybe it's a 134V wheel, sold with 1800Wh (3 battery packs + 1 empty dummy pack) by default, and people can add a fourth pack to get 2400Wh. I guess that could make a bit of sense if removable batteries are a thing (still not believing in that, looking at the pictures) and they want to keep the perceived default price lower. I think it would be easier to just offer 2400Wh right away and lose the removable battery effort overhead and complications, but who knows.

If it's really 100V, then it better be really good (and not too expensive) to work out. Could happen, the Sherman-S is 100V after all, too. But it would be a bit disappointing, and as already mentioned above - what would even be the point of removable batteries then if the max is 1800Wh?

I am pretty sure it's 134v. Atleast that is what some people who have the wheel for testing are saying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i viewed the 2nd teaser and i did not find any where in that video the mention of "DOUBLE SUSPENSION".  this is a marketing ploy from smartwheel (an ironic name in this context) and i think they really should redo the copy of their web page to give a more correct description of the wheel.  IMO, the suspension system of the V14 is a combination of sliders and linkage system with adjustable shock.

was that description so difficult to describe ?  and the their free spin speed description is abit muddy too...

NOTE TO SMARTWHEEL:  "get SMART" and correct your description of the V14 please,...

V14ad_edited.jpg

Edited by bpong

1 hour ago, bpong said:

This is a marketing ploy from smartwheel (an ironic name in this context).

NOTE TO SMARTWHEEL:  "get SMART" and correct your description of the V14 please,...

Wow... lot of anger for some reason. Saw the same reference to double suspension on the InMotion Store EU:

• Double suspensions system (suspension sliders on the sides and coil suspension on the rear)

Would imagine this is the marketing material and wording provided by InMotion.

https://inmotion-store.com/product/inmotion-v14/

32 minutes ago, Saboteur_ZA said:

Wow... lot of anger for some reason. 

Not angry, just not accepting bad marketing.  Just because its from inmotion doesnt mean its right.  Although if one doesnt mind being misled,  thats their choice...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bpong said:

if one doesnt mind being misled,  thats their choice...

I'm not misled in the slightest. I honestly don't care whether the wheel has dual suspension or not. Just felt it unjustified to rip into a retailer for publishing specs from the manufacturer. And suggest that they had ulterior motives for doing so. If InMotion don't know the specs on their own wheel, there is a bigger problem.

7 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

try not to be so overly exited next time....:roflmao:

I know I know… :lol: I seem to be always recording these videos at night time, which does play a role with my energy levels.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Haha 1

Is is me, or i already see problems coming from the "sliders". If i understand it right - there's oil in them? I do hope they don't start leaking premature..

There's always will be some "play" in suspension wheels... No matter how solidly the suspension is built! Constant braking/starting to go, there will be always some play. And over time the "play" will become bigger and bigger. The sliders start leaking.. Linkage system start creaking.. Etc.. :rolleyes:

Anyways not my problem. :D As i won't be getting one. Jesus 40kg.. :crying:

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Whatever they mean by that, it seems that SmartWheel might've invented a lot of stuff on their own just from that phrase:

"The suspension sliders on the sides absorb bumps and vibrations, while the coil suspension on the rear provides additional support."

Wtf is that??

Btw, I made a recap about the (sensible) details we know about the Adventure as of now:

Mostly right :popcorn: . I think you made it a bit too expensive though :lol:. In my opinion it can’t be so expensive ‘cause nobody would buy it at that price. It should have a closer price to Patton, which is in a similar category and offers close specs. It’s very possible that it will end up to be a little bit more expensive since it might have a bit more battery capacity, but not by much.

32 minutes ago, Funky said:

Inmotion V14 is 45kgs

Edited by Mango
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

Is is me, or i already see problems coming from the "sliders". If i understand it right - there's oil in them? I do hope they don't start leaking premature..

There's always will be some "play" in suspension wheels... No matter how solidly the suspension is built! Constant braking/starting to go, there will be always some play. And over time the "play" will become bigger and bigger. The sliders start leaking.. Linkage system start creaking.. Etc.. :rolleyes:

I see you @Funky waiting  for that carbon fibre wheel and Aeroplane grade 700Wh/kg battery tech from 2035 that will make your dream come true :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Why is the voltage and battery such a big mystery?

Either Inmotion is giving us 3600wh and 168v, or its the original leaked specs of 1800wh and 100v.

For now it isn't official released yet and feedback from testers can change some things until the actual release of factory production. 

Even after that we often see modification of production batches or iteration as I view these. 

In a few days we should get a better Idea of what is coming but it might still be subject to changes. 

As for translation or myddy wording or misleading advertising, I don't think Inmotion are particular good or bad compared to other brands. 

I would though add that there is a language barrier and not all people on the earth are fluent in English. Since Chinese have a high government control learning English might not be as simple as one would think. But from my contacts though EUC and my time in an Asian It company I fpunf that their way of thinking are different which can lead to misunderstanding.

Please not I do not judge what is the "right" way. But even what I think of simple might not be preceived that way at the other end of communication. 

An simple example was discussing the need for weatherproofing before the V11 was launched. After a while we finally got the message to the designers/decision makers. Today a modern EUC is expected to be weatherproof. 

So let's see what Inmotion gives of official info on 1st September. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

45 kgs? That's almost 100 lbs!

I don’t know how heavy it will be, but I expect it will be a little bit heavier than Patton (40kg/88lbs) or around there.

It’s pretty sad we had no more info coming out from them 😭😭. It looks like that display will only be restricted to show speed, battery, and riding mode on it. It is a sharp departure from the V12&V13 touch screen displays. Maybe they considered this wheel is made for dirt and rocks and an cheaper display would be more advantageous being less costly to replace in case it is broken?? Maybe it will help with better visibility also, some people say the Sherman screen is better in sunlight.

IMG_0273.thumb.jpeg.fe7e8b543d4b07d739d62f600c46b9b2.jpeg

I like that they made it recessed so it will be more protected. This should be standard design on all the wheels  👍 👍👍

I am worried about how they’ve implemented the water sealing around it though. I always have nightmares with my so called  “IPX5”  V12 in the 🌧️, covering it with a rain cover for backpacks all the time since I found water near the charging port when I opened it up. Really bad design, I don’t know if they’ve learned anything from it or not.

There seem to be ports, button and trolley handle on the top. That doesn’t fit very well with seated riding. I wonder what kind of seat will fit. This might be a deal breaker for me if their 14” rim version comes with the same body. Those handles look like plastic also. 

I just don't understand how would you fit 14" rim in the same chassis. The diameter of the wheel is 2" bigger, so even if you somehow fit a bigger wheel there, the pedals would be too high. The whole wheel has to be redesigned to accommodate that.

7 minutes ago, Ro.man said:

I just don't understand how would you fit 14" rim in the same chassis. The diameter of the wheel is 2" bigger, so even if you somehow fit a bigger wheel there, the pedals would be too high. The whole wheel has to be redesigned to accommodate that.

The Inmotion V14 Adventure has adjustable pedal height.