Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Interesting, how much to you weigh? I’m considering this too..

185lbs fully geared with backpack.  Bradley at Eevees commented that 66lb on Patton would be good for anyone 170 and up.  I suspect that a 150 rider may want the 66lb if they do stairs or drops.  

• Like 2

On the 2cells1pack Patton review I commented on their suspension settings and static sag.  Albert replied and said that they did adjust both compression and rebound settings and even filmed a suspension setup video.  He also said that the 100lb Christine was getting 30%+ static sag on the 62lb spring version, which is about as much sag as any suspension manufacturer or tech would recommend for just about any conditions.  At 170lbs myself and mostly riding rocky/rooty trails with some small jumps, I also ordered the 66lb spring version.

It is also worth keeping in mind that most of the glowing reviews for this wheel so far came from testers on the 62lb version.  WrongWay's IG page has several clips of him on the 62lb version sending large jumps and landing to transitions without appearing to harshly bottom out, but he definitely bottoms out on jumps to flat. 

Occasionally bottoming out lightly isn't necessarily bad and is in fact a metric that some (old school, at least) suspension tuners recommend to use, as in if you bottom out lightly once or twice per ride, then it is indicative that you are making the most of your available suspension travel…assuming you performed Step 1 of suspension setup; setting static sag.

Lastly, WW's IG page has a Patton range test that looks very promising.  At 85km in he was still cruising at about 30km/hr...Impressive.  He used low-power mode and eeked out 96km total. 

Edited by stizl
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, stizl said:

Lastly, WW's IG page has a Patton range test that looks very promising.  At 85km in he was still cruising at abound 30km/hr...Impressive.  He used low-power mode and eeked out 96km total. 

I'm eagerly awaiting his first impressions video.  He had what he called a braking cutout that I look forward to learning about.  Overall, from his IG, it appears that he is really liking the Patton.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I couldn't quite tell how he feels about the Patton 😁

Yeah, what’s with all the riddles?? Why not just say what you think overall! :roflmao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

Does that cable under the seat (visible on some of his camera shots) keep getting crushed every time the wheel bottoms out?

Good question, which part takes the toll on bottoming out? There are suspicions that on the ShermS the oil seals might hit the shocks’ bottom brackets and get dislodged or even damaged.

Edited by mrelwood

The cable is sheathed in a spring coil (just as the Sherman ‘S’ is) as far as I can tell. Many if not most resellers are specifying predominantly the 66lb sprung version, which is supposedly quite a lot harder to bottom out, but I’m sure some will manage it!

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

Time to use 70lbs springs. Reality show us 58 lbs is bad joke 62 not ideal 66lbs best choice and 70lbs be jump ready.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Time to use 70lbs springs. Reality show us 58 lbs is bad joke 62 not ideal 66lbs best choice and 70lbs be jump ready.

I looked around for 70lb springs the other day.  I didn't come across any, but I also didn't search for very long.  Have you found any 70lb springs?

53 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I looked around for 70lb springs the other day.  I didn't come across any, but I also didn't search for very long.  Have you found any 70lb springs?

No sorry for misunderstanding i speak with veteran seller and he talk about ideal be 70lbs becasue max rider weight is 120kg + 40kg patton and 62 lbs botoming often 66lbs is better but for jumps ideal be 70lbs for heavy riders. 

I think 70lbs variant no exist actualy i personaly buy 66 lbs in month.

Is big heretism switch patton original tire to Chao Yang 5167 16X3 ?

I have 2 more tires what i buy for my 16X batch 2 i like how nimble Chao Yang 5167 is and for patton nimblenes be crazy compared to any knoby tire. 

71dApYO7WTL._AC_SX679_.jpg

15 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I couldn't quite tell how he feels about the Patton 😁

Hum after listening to the whole video it's very clear that he LOVES the wheel, he kept on repeating that he had been waiting a long time for exactly that kind of wheel: super reactive, best torque ever, excellent suspension, and excellent battery efficiency (close to 100km when riding between 25 and 50km/h).

That's high praise coming from him and makes me feel confident that this will be my next wheel, coming from a Sherman OG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Edouard said:

Hum after listening to the whole video it's very clear that he LOVES the wheel, he kept on repeating that he had been waiting a long time for exactly that kind of wheel: super reactive, best torque ever, excellent suspension, and excellent battery efficiency (close to 100km when riding between 25 and 50km/h).

That's high praise coming from him and makes me feel confident that this will be my next wheel, coming from a Sherman OG.

That was sarcasm.  Adam clearly loves the Patton and didn't even say negative things about the cutout he experienced.  Patton is gonna be straight 🔥 !

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stizl said:

This just in from eWheels:

----------------------------------

Here's a quick Friday update on your Veteran Patton order:
the production is split across three different shipments:
1) 28pcs, currently underway, with an ETA for the first week of next month. This will cover deposits placed up until March 25th.

2) Additional 72pcs, from the same batch 1 production. This will likely cover the remaining deposits, from March 25th to present, depending on the tire & suspension preference ratio. The arrival of these is scheduled for June 12th, with another week for the standard port-processing time.

3) A further 28pcs [all with the 66lb shocks] is being wrapped up next week, with an ETA for late June.   

In summary, all the Pattons will be arriving within a few weeks of each other, if there is a preference to change the initial suspension to a heavier 66lb type.

All of the productions have undergone independent QC checks for battery packs voltage, tire fittings, motors/bearings, etc. A sample report can be found below.

For the tires: the Patton has the same off-road tire as the T4, the Dingxin J802, in a 18x3" size; while the street tire is the CY H-626 3.0/12" (pics below).

Finally, we'll be including these Powerpads for all Customer orders.  

Hope this helps & have a great weekend,

Jason  

image.thumb.png.456331d157c45256da7a882ecbbf73b9.png
------------------------------

240420- LK Patton QC Inspection, 28pcs.pdf 1020.63 kB · 1 download

I'm wondering if it will really be the Sherman-S pads or if it will actually be the ones designed for the Patton... they have similarities, but I'm not sure the front pads will fit on Patton without some modification.  

The H626 is looking 🔥

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I'm wondering if it will really be the Sherman-S pads or if it will actually be the ones designed for the Patton... they have similarities, but I'm not sure the front pads will fit on Patton without some modification.  

The H626 is looking 🔥

I am excited for the h626 as well. Can't wait to get my hands on this wheel. 

I am not understanding the pads either. I guess I will wait and be surprised. The Sherman sized front pad Def won't fit. I guess you can always swap the front and back and put the shorter one in front but upside down or something.

With an european IP address I can't find vendors for any of the mentioned tires. There is one Alibaba vendor for the H626, but minimum order is 500 pcs.

Edited by Mossi

That street tire does look promising.

I was thinking the same about the pads. They’re easy enough to cut, I guess. Also, free pads are better than no pads.

The pads from the original press materials and Electric Dreams review are on AliExpress the same price as the pictured Sherman-S pads, but come in three pieces per side. 

US $99.00 | Three section formula Power pads for Veteran Patton
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPbAI8y

87974F84-311B-443F-84FD-0924715069B8.jpeg

Edited by stizl

The only thing annoying me with this whole thing is the push for the lighter shocks on people up until things already shipped. I did reach out to them with concerns of the lower rate spring a few times since pre-ordering. I got advice to stick with the lower rate shock. Pretty much against what everyone else was saying. 

Seeing that their last batch is ALL 68lb springs shows me the lower rate springs may be an issue even for lighter folks.

I know ewheels is awesome and would have swapped me if I insisted, and I am sure they aren't 100% sure how things will perform on pre-orders like this. I just wish there was a little more consistency between all the info on this.

Oh well. I am ok to see how it goes and can always get a heavier rate shock. Its these little things I hope get sorted in the future with eucs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossi said:

With an european IP address I can't find vendors for any of the mentioned tires. There is one Alibaba vendor for the H626, but minimum order is 500 pcs.

Not sure you can purchase from this site, but here is the Chaoyang H626 product page:

https://www.chaoyangmotorcycletire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/6/200?type=TRICYCLE&name=H626