King Song 10 year anniversary

Mayhem

Ah, great!... KingSong might have missed an opportunity... It could be so much more than irrelevant animation and hard-to-relate locally orientated marketing names... Why not weatherproofing, displays, higher voltage?... :(

My daughter will love the animation tho... Maybe they are targeting children?

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Funds diverted from QC to Marketing department at Kingsong.

More like some of the Marketing Buget could have been diverted to start a QC program. ;)

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 2

I have split off the "smaller wheels" discussion into its own thread. It started to overwhelm this KS 10 year anniversary discussion. No surprise, the more you think about it, the less was announced here and the more disappointing it is (imho).

Edited by meepmeepmayer

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go again, best looks are only on the surface, what matters is underneath, and s22 is the worst performance suspension wheel only good for jumping off cliffs, it totally sucks on potholes... So what good is it??? I have yet have KINGSONG send me a new motor that will not break, or new slides that do not bind or fuck up suspension... You can't use display especially if you have a helmet on, no USB port, the stock tire is not good on fast turns, feels like falling off a cliff, the V's are useless you have to take off to get the power pads in the right position, and most people don't like the damn pads... Inorder to access tire you literally have to strip EVERYTHING off... 

Edited by MetricUSA

I hugely respect KingSong's effort with the S20. Yes, I know it eventually became almost comical with S22 that got all problems a wheel could have, including fire. But! It challenged the industry with "what could be achieved" and it did the trick! Without that we wouldn't have Begode Master with its family. 

And now it is a great time for KingSong to get back to their basics. I would be very excited to see a unicycle based on KS16X, which has been a fantastic wheel, probably the best of all times in its category. Why not build something to the same specification but with a better, sexy-looking shape, weather-proof shell, a big screen, bright lights. I remember the person who sold me my KS16X two years ago, convinced me then with the phrase "I wouldn't hesitate to buy 16X for my mum!". I would be tempted to repeat my experience with the new 16X.

I won't buy the "Anniversary addition" of the 16X tho - why would I buy exactly the same model without any modernisation at all?

Edited by That Guy
  • Upvote 2

I guess the S22 version 2 will be adopting all the anniversary upgrades given the 16X and 16S is doing so. 

Torque may be improved in v2 but not to compete with the Master Pro, EX-30 and V13. Maybe they plan on leaving the S22 in place like the S18 and then make a 22inch wheel to compete with the heavier and higher lift speeds - will need to be 150km to raise eyebrows at this point. 

HcvhkIFrJsCfO7dDio5xr9NrhZzTNG2xAm0WJ1t0_qP6M5AZJVg-UKKnx6evaNZDMU_41AfCFx9Z_g=s800-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

CkTChe162vH_fOGtcpB1p5XiGMj7vULpVnMrYHpUOA_42Onlfn0h54wRR_oAURNiqmAUg-xJXMgL1p8=s800-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

xJmQNH_sKkzVZTfLLJ3MurASrMB8QCBd4eLjBnMF-xdtYchepctN4gSTl17c_dSqYGLQYjJl7aMaMA=s800-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

Edited by Driftcycle
  • Like 1

Kingsong never consulted a suspension company like Sherman did...no love for kingsong - still no replacement slides... And they will not replace motor until you fried your wheel while you are riding it... No Love For kingsong...

Why do we have to come up with a solution that kingsong refuses to do??? NO LOVE FOR kingsong

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Kingsong never consulted a suspension company like Sherman did...no love for kingsong - still no replacement slides... And they will not replace motor until you fried your wheel while you are riding it... No Love For kingsong...

Why do we have to come up with a solution that kingsong refuses to do??? NO LOVE FOR kingsong

Those small rubber wheels also won't hold. Over time they will wear out. 

I give it's better design.

Sherman-S suspension is how it should be made on all wheels. No "moving" parts. (The back side "arms") But sadly they messed up on how it's built together.. 

Edited by Funky

31 minutes ago, Funky said:

Those small rubber wheels also won't hold. Over time they will wear out. 

I give it's better design.

Sherman-S suspension is how it should be made on all wheels. No "moving" parts. (The back side "arms") But sadly they messed up on how it's built together.. 

Yes they (leaperkim) messed it up seriously how that fork-type suspension is built without a implemented bridge on the fork itself, minimal (and i mean ridicoulus minimal) movement from the stanchions relatively to each other will make the suspension rough/sticky through its travel...for sure...and one can nothing do against it than just wait till they notice that and build theyr next wheel seriously around that propiatary fork and not try to somewhat "Integrate" it to save a bridge (if they willing to stay with this suspension type)

Need to wait for real world testers to mention that officially i guess 

And in regards to the pom wheels on the s22-sliders , i guess pom will hold up a very long time just fine and after that 2000km+ you replace the wheels for 1,50 Dollar each wheel , simple and cheap like that 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Yes they (leaperkim) messed it up seriously how that fork-type suspension is built without a implemented bridge on the fork itself, minimal (and i mean ridicoulus minimal) movement from the stanchions relatively to each other will make the suspension rough/sticky through its travel...for sure...and one can nothing do against it than just wait till they notice that and build theyr next wheel seriously around that propiatary fork and not try to somewhat "Integrate" it to save a bridge (if they willing to stay with this suspension type)

Need to wait for real world testers to mention that officially i guess 

And in regards to the pom wheels on the s22-sliders , i guess pom will hold up a very long time just fine and after that 2000km+ you replace the wheels for 1,50 Dollar each wheel , simple and cheap like that 

Also the suspension in screwed right on the axle. Over tighten, or mess up the threads - enjoy exchanging motor. Or trying to fix said threads somehow. Retapping with bigger screws or something.

Couldn't use simple "arm type" (Same as pedal L hangers connection to axle.) That hold the axle with 4-6x big bolts from both sides or something.. That way you would need to replace only screws/nuts.

Edited by Funky

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, litewave said:

Does anyone have any new info on this aside from the gold color?

I understand from KS marketing that the limited edition 10th anniversary S22 and 16X have a 2 year factory warranty. I have to believe with April arrival dates that under the gold will be a pro. But maybe not. I haven't heard that it will actually be a pro, but it was announced before KS adopted the roller sliders and realized the motor was running hot.

• Like 1