King Song 10 year anniversary

Mayhem

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A gold S22! Looks good actually.

They all look quite good. Should have came out of factory like that.. The "premium" for the recolor isn't worth the money. Doh the honeycomb pedals/pads are an upgrade.

Edited by Funky

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

They all look quite good. Should have came out of factory like that.. The "premium" for the recolor isn't worth the money. Doh the honeycomb pedals/pads are an upgrade.

They should have offered more color options from the start absolutely. paying 2022 prices for a re-skin is absurd. 

6 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

They should have offered more color options from the start absolutely. paying 2022 prices for a re-skin is absurd. 

If it's 100-300$ higher price, i would accept it. 16x you get better pedals. And on 16s pedals/pads.. S22 only reskin.. (Prices not known yet?)

I'm guessing the price increase will be around ~500$ vs regular models. (~500$ Because "limited".....)

Edited by Funky

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

If it's 100-300$ higher price, i would accept it. -You get better pedals. And on 16s pads.. S22 only reskin.. (Prices not known yet?)

One can only hope the price to be that low. The fact that it’s “limited” and a “special 10 year” commemorative it’s most likely going to be more of a premium charge. 

the 16x & 16s do look very good in that color scheme. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

One can only hope the price to be that low. The fact that it’s “limited” and a “special 10 year” commemorative it’s most likely going to be more of a premium charge. 

xD i edited my post, before you said that. If it's more than 500$ - that's rip-off. As anything in life... 1/5 of wheel price just for a reskin. Duck that.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KNZ said:

Ah good, hype destroyed successfully. My wallet is safe another day ^_^ If they had made the 16x suspension, I would’ve been in trouble.

Lol, well the 16” suspension wheel has been unofficially confirmed by a few sources.  So it will be dropped at some point but it better not be 84v. 

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Lol, well the 16” suspension wheel has been unofficially confirmed by a few sources.  So it will be dropped at some point but it better not be 84v. 

And what's wrong with 84v? 16" needs to be small/light... More voltage - more batteries - more weight..

Something in 16s weight class would be awesome. If it's something like T4/V11/S18 another heavy turd - no thanks.

• Like 1

"Guys listen - I've just found this gold paint !''

"Quick, we'll be needing 3 fierce robot animal renders - I've got an idea !!"

But I enjoy an angry mechanoid next to a sexy looking wheel or 3, so I will enjoy the campaign, however much substance there is or isn't behind it ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

I saw this document in a local Discord channel that outlined some specs. Looked all same as original. 16S also available in white:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/946141323415650335/1029020653413732364/KINGSONG_10TH_.pdf

Interesting nitpick was that the only times the word "fast" was mentioned was for the 16S. Also the nicknames for the wheels are very... Chinese...

• Like 1

I get the whole 10 year thing and trying to hype and introduce new products, but the gold reskin is uh, very lame, wow. Why not announce the suspension 16" wheel that should be in the works? I guess that could detract from these gold painted model sales.

• Like 1

$500 was just thrown out there by a forum member as an expectation, there's no official statements on prices. Something like $200 markup on the 16S and 16X would be fine given the upgraded pedals and such. The S22 being just gold painted with no other differences is pretty funny,  maybe worth just to get guaranteed latest batch with fixed motors and such.

• Upvote 1