Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

@Rawnei -11% michelin pilot -10% kenda k262 not -13%

@Eyss FW90%

You can also watch this channel it has multiple video of the Ex30 with app overlay(just dont focus on the latest one ~3 month ago bc he was using rewounded motor) https://www.youtube.com/@eucsvoboda/videos
He's on the heavy side at 120kg naked so it's a good point to gauge the upper limit 

When you said you could hear the beeps, did you mean the first beep or the sequence of 5 continuous beeps? Because for a while now the buzzer now starts beeping 10% before the selected setting
For example, if you set 80%, you will get 1 beep at 70%, then 2 beeps at 75% and then the 'classical' 5 beeps at 80%

33 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

@Rawnei -11% michelin pilot -10% kenda k262 not -13%

@Eyss FW90%

You can also watch this channel it has multiple video of the Ex30 with app overlay(just dont focus on the latest one ~3 month ago bc he was using rewounded motor) https://www.youtube.com/@eucsvoboda/videos
He's on the heavy side at 120kg naked so it's a good point to gauge the upper limit 

When you said you could hear the beeps, did you mean the first beep or the sequence of 5 continuous beeps? Because for a while now the buzzer now starts beeping 10% before the selected setting
For example, if you set 80%, you will get 1 beep at 70%, then 2 beeps at 75% and then the 'classical' 5 beeps at 80%

@Mike Sacristan can confirm how much over-reporting he is seeing on his EX30 with stock Kenda tire.

1 hour ago, Bizra6ot said:

When you said you could hear the beeps, did you mean the first beep or the sequence of 5 continuous beeps?

I had EUC world running in my helmet as I wasn't confident I could hear the beeps with wind noise, and EUC world showed the safety margin as 18% minimum. 

I think the only time I noticed any beeps from the wheel itself was when my battery was 66% hitting 70kph gps. 

So I feel like maybe EUC world alarms don't work properly with field weakening?

How safe is field weakening in a race scenario? Like you're pushing hard down a straight from 30 to 80-90kph?

Is it only a issue if there's wind and inclines?

Edited by Eyss

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

@Mike Sacristan can confirm how much over-reporting he is seeing on his EX30 with stock Kenda tire.

I also have the Ex30 so I know what I'm talking about for the Pilot/Cityextra & k262/c186
The original tire is the Cst not Kenda and it is just slightly smaller than the Kenda, the Cst186 is -10/-11% on eucw bc impossible to adjust to -10.5% 
With my values above I get less than 1kph difference only a few tenths, same for distance like less than ~300 meters on a 80km tour (depends on elevation change trees clouds etc as usual ofc)

14 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I had EUC world running in my helmet as I wasn't confident I could hear the beeps with wind noise, and EUC world showed the safety margin as 18% minimum. 

I think the only time I noticed any beeps from the wheel itself was when my battery was 66% hitting 70kph gps. 

So I feel like maybe EUC world alarms don't work properly with field weakening?

It acts strangely even when set with the freespin cutout method, you should set it in relation to the wheel beeper while riding
If your alarm is set at 80% try to match the first beep which will be at 70% (i.e. 30% safety margin in euc world)
When seated it's easy to hear

14 hours ago, Rawnei said:

With the stock Kenda tire EX30 overreports about 13% so 80kph wheel reported  speed is about 69kph GPS.

I believe it is also firmware dependent as I was also getting about 13-15% overreport. I updated to one of their newer firmwares earlier this year and now with the cst6501 street tire seemed to be about the same correction as the Lynx. I ride side by side with my buddy on a Lynx and get the same wheel speed which is about 8% overreport vs GPS speed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrabChampion said:

I believe it is also firmware dependent as I was also getting about 13-15% overreport. I updated to one of their newer firmwares earlier this year and now with the cst6501 street tire seemed to be about the same correction as the Lynx. I ride side by side with my buddy on a Lynx and get the same wheel speed which is about 8% overreport vs GPS speed

That's good to know. How are you liking the cst6501?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrabChampion said:

That's interesting, my Lynx overreports about 5% but I have the Shinko 244 on it.

14 hours ago, Talon said:

That's good to know. How are you liking the cst6501?

I very recently switched to the IRC NR77 tire. My cst lasted 7000km.

The cst street tire is probably still my favorite tire on the EX30 rim. Its got so much gyro effect to stay centered, but also corners beautifully with a V profile. Other tires sit on the rim with more of a U shape unless you add rim spacers.

Grip was great as the tire was softer than tires like the michelin pilot 2, but that's also why it didn't last as long

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CrabChampion said:

I very recently switched to the IRC NR77 tire. My cst lasted 7000km.

The cst street tire is probably still my favorite tire on the EX30 rim. Its got so much gyro effect to stay centered, but also corners beautifully with a V profile. Other tires sit on the rim with more of a U shape unless you add rim spacers.

Grip was great as the tire was softer than tires like the michelin pilot 2, but that's also why it didn't last as long

Well said.  Reason I ask is I also have the cst6501. The EX30 on that tire, I've never felt another setup that has more of the gyro feel.  It's got its plusses, but damn compared to every other EUC I've ridden, you have to drag that thing into turns like a stubborn pitbull. Once you have it by the reins it goes beautifully. 

Was that 7000km of more aggressive riding?  

Edited by Talon

1 hour ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

There's so many ways to challenge one-self on a suspension wheel, going back feels akin to devolving.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:12 AM, Talon said:

Was that 7000km of more aggressive riding?

I didnt ride offroad or anything, gravel paths at most. I mostly ride between 60-75kmh cruising with the occasional slow groupride. At 7000km the tire still had plenty of tread left actually. Its just the tire started forming lumps between the treads where it mustve been structurally compromised. If there werent any lumps, that tire probably would have lasted another 2000km no problem

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

There's so many ways to challenge one-self on a suspension wheel, going back feels akin to devolving.

Love the orange helmet. Got to get one ....

I agree for wheels 18" or larger; but on sidewalks and paths, 14-16" wheels are as good or maybe better.