Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

5 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Is voltage trim used when calibrating the display to match the actual voltage of the batteries?

Yes.  I was expecting it to be the last screen, but then this screen popped up and I was turning something on and off.

Edited by wstuart

13 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Not just about the Sherman S but was surprised how well it faired against the over 100v “big boys”

The only aftermarket tire in that entire video was on the sherman-s. I think the confidence and comfort really made the difference shown in his lap times. Even on a slightly less powered wheel, the right tire will just make you perform that much better. He probably gained all that time on the cornering with the sherman-s with shinko 244 tire. Throw an aftermarket tire on the master or ex30 and it will be a much more fair comparison imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

The only aftermarket tire in that entire video was on the sherman-s. I think the confidence and comfort really made the difference shown in his lap times. Even on a slightly less powered wheel, the right tire will just make you perform that much better. He probably gained all that time on the cornering with the sherman-s with shinko 244 tire. Throw an aftermarket tire on the master or ex30 and it will be a much more fair comparison imo

Agreed. Did make me start searching Shinko 244 as my SS arrives in a few weeks. Kind of irrelevant as at my stage (less than 200 miles mileage) I won’t be pushing the beeps on any wheel

Clearly any EUC can be crashed it you really try. That video showed a wheel that was not at a ridiculous angle to the ground, but it might have been >45 to the horizon - that's where the safety feature cuts the wheel power because it seems to have fallen over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, he turns into slope, then align to that said slope and hits the 45 degree limit. So, not a real cutout, just something even veteran/experienced riders can sometimes get reminded off. I also think George knew this, but did put the title as "cutout". The angles provided by camera does not help understand the angles involved, most people know it if they work with cameras. A fixed camera angle in right spot could have shown the angles involved better.

*edit:
I often find BMX tracks or such having lot of curving angles (the trail goes to wall-like) and they also surprise so many. You just can't ride that angle if the device turns off in the degree limit of 45.

Edited by Tasku

It doesn’t look to be anywhere near 45 degrees to me. You can see the slope of the grass section a few seconds earlier, and it looks like a really shallow one. Also the wheel tilt against that slope is rather shallow. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It doesn’t look to be anywhere near 45 degrees to me. You can see the slope of the grass section a few seconds earlier, and it looks like a really shallow one. Also the wheel tilt against that slope is rather shallow. I could be wrong though.

I have to say that for me it looked rather more like he simply hit a divot, or small obstacle or something that threw him off, but as above, I too could well be wrong in this perception. I did not feel he got to the ‘tipping point’ of 45°.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I slowed down the video to see if I could tell, unfortunately the camera angle doesn't make it easy to see what the angle vs horizon would have been. I believe it is possible that he went past 45 degrees, but I just can't tell from that video.

The SS doesn't have adjustable cut off angle? I've gotten used to having a high cut off angle on my RS so I'm also used to using the berm on mnt bike trails. 

I'm sure after a few reminder falls I'd adjust, but I like being able to use the berm and rip. If thisbisnt adjustable I hope they release a firmware version that let's you set the angle much higher. 

I also have had my RS do the gotway dance on me from having set to "high" but it's still worth it. 

11 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I slowed down the video to see if I could tell, unfortunately the camera angle doesn't make it easy to see what the angle vs horizon would have been. I believe it is possible that he went past 45 degrees, but I just can't tell from that video.

I agree also, something else going on…

E4A18DCE-1555-4271-ADBA-83BA53948B1B.png

On 2/17/2023 at 10:50 AM, wstuart said:

That would be cool.  Have done high speed mode on yours yet? 

Oh yeah I've had mine in high speed mode from the day I received it 2 months ago. The fastest I cruise is around 40mph so I just have it on to prevent beeps at those speeds and for a bit of headroom. I'm sure one day I'll hit 50+ but that day isn't today.

11 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I haven't really looked into it, but did I read about a 'berm mode' either here or on Facebook?

I also could have sworn I read about a berm mode after that video came out with the Sherman S cutting out in a berm at that one track.

• Like 1

Not sure how it’s going to be but I’ve ordered this one

https://e-rides.com/product/sherman-s-seat-and-suspension-cover-pads/

However, my Sherman S will not arrive for a few weeks and just as relevant I haven’t even tried to ride seated on my V11 yet so not in the best position to give an opinion at the moment!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stevebee said:

Not sure how it’s going to be but I’ve ordered this one

https://e-rides.com/product/sherman-s-seat-and-suspension-cover-pads/

However, my Sherman S will not arrive for a few weeks and just as relevant I haven’t even tried to ride seated on my V11 yet so not in the best position to give an opinion at the moment!

i got that seat and covers for my sherman s. the seat is fine. does not interfere with the trolly handle. the problem i have with the side covers is that my pads sit too high and interfere with them. i may have to trim them.

2 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

i got that seat and covers for my sherman s. the seat is fine. does not interfere with the trolly handle. the problem i have with the side covers is that my pads sit too high and interfere with them. i may have to trim them.

Good to know. I’ll be using Grizzla Flow on mine so might have to do the same

My Grizzla Flow (Large) pads stick up a bit higher than the side pads, but I just let them overlap the side pads and it doesn't seem to cause any problem. So I put the side pads on first, then the Grizzlas so that the tops of the Grizzlas go over the side pads - most of the Grizzlas are held by Velcro and they don't move or come off.