Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

19 hours ago, Eucner said:

Spring companies make custom springs. You just need to specify what you want.

Well of course, throw enough money at a problem and anything is solvable. Good luck though getting a single spring made for anything like 'reasonable' money. Been there, tried that. Buy a 1000 and you'll be fine :)

18 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I would think that the manufacturer would do their best to make a shock that uses existing parts, such as springs. I don't know if there are standard sizes for fork springs, but if there are, the Sher-S spring size is most probably one.

Given the travel we are discussing, the Sherman is using nothing like industry standard. I wouldn't be surprised if it isnt entirely proprietry.

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

90mm is (probably) a good thing if you can get the right spring to match.

I think it's workable but with such a small amount of travel to play with, getting the right sag will be critical. Hence the need to get spring poundage just right for the rider. Otherwise, as you say, some people will blow through half the travel just standing on it, others may barely make it move. And having adjustable preload isnt going to fill that void even with 2 springs available. I'm sure lots will just ride it whatever though..

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

By the way, does anyone know what is going on with Fastace's asymmetric fork design. It looks like one side does the "springing" while the other side does the "dampening". Is that how it works? I think this is common with MTB forks.

You're right, pretty much all MTB forks have split roles for each leg whether coil or air.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

Isn't 45+mph fast enough on an EUC? Do people want to ride 60mph+ all the time?

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

45 mph is only 73 km/h. 

Sherman-S top speed is 75 km/h. 

To ride with city traffic, you need to be able to maintain at least 35 mph to 40-ish mph.

But there are hills, headwinds, and bumps. In other words, you need Headroom!

Exactly. The speed limits in my area are 35-45mph. I have no problem with speed if I'm in an area that's safe to be going 45+ mph, but the whole point is having the headroom available to do it for hours on end despite conditions. 

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Well of course, throw enough money at a problem and anything is solvable. Good luck though getting a single spring made for anything like 'reasonable' money. Been there, tried that. Buy a 1000 and you'll be fine :)

Don't ask a quote from mass producers. One local Mom & Pop shop has quite decent prices for single custom springs, when they have correct diameter wire in stock. To make a spring you only need a lathe, a tube and some spring wire. Some engineering is needed for correct spring specification.

Edited by Eucner
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yes, most likely. We don't know its weight, but it would be crazy if it exceeds the V13's insane 50kg.

But the weight of the Sherman-S is in the title of this thread.

• Like 1

Currently I have a preorder in with ewheels for the v13, and while id like that to change in favor of the Sherman S, I think the v13 will be the ideal cruiser wheel. The Sherman S no doubt will be better on rough stuff or off-road, but for smooth road/bike path cruising for long distances I'm gonna have to go v13. 

I wish they had better suspension though 😂

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:
  • EUC: KS-S18

V13 is the same pack size as Sherman 18650.

Compared to S18: they're absolutely long range cruisers :) 

And beware, 3024wh is the "more honest" math which only Inmotion uses (3.6Vnom/cell). Every other EUC mfg uses 3.7V. 
And nobody's actually honest, since C*Vnom is the oversimplified and flattering way of calculating energy... but at least it's simple.

Sherman-S is 3456wh, using V13 math. So 14% more range. Just.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

id like that to change in favor of the Sherman S, I think the v13 will be the ideal cruiser wheel.

No need to change your preorder now and lose your place, since there is not enough info and data available yet to make a decisive decision. Plus, the Sherman-S review from EEVEES should be coming out soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuerte said:

I would agree, just wait and see what the reviews say about each.

I can tell you already. If you want an offroad, quick to respond wheel, Sherman S. If you want a long range cruiser, V13. And then ...

OOOO, the V13 MOSFET is burning up!  InMotion will be like "ooo, we will fix!  here's a new board!"

And everyone will be like:  OOOO, all road leads to Sherman S. (Chants of royalty ensues)

32 minutes ago, MrEUCMan said:

If you want an offroad, quick to respond wheel, Sherman S.

It's 97 pounds for the Sherman-S.     

97 lbs. a Quick to respond wheel:   Oxymoron?    Think Abrams, think Monster Pro.

On the other hand if you want a 70 km/h wheel that is quick to respond, look no further than the V12. 🙂

32 minutes ago, MrEUCMan said:

OOOO, the V13 MOSFET is burning up!  InMotion will be like "ooo, we will fix!  here's a new board!"

On paper, regarding mosfets, there is nothing under spec'd here. The V13 has 42 mosfets rated at 200V, whereas the Sherman-S has 24 mosfets rated at 125V. Both are new board designs.

There is no reason at this point in time to suspect one is more failure prone than the other. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Being 126V and 3024Wh I wouldn't be expecting it to be a long range cruiser but I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

I realize everyone's idea of "long range" will be different. In my use case I'm sure I'll give out before the wheel does. If it can sustain 30 miles of 45+mph riding I'll be happy.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:05 AM, MrEUCMan said:

I can tell you already. If you want an offroad, quick to respond wheel, Sherman S. If you want a long range cruiser, V13. And then ...

And everyone will be like:  OOOO, all road leads to Sherman S. (Chants of royalty ensues)

Based on battery capacity the Sherman S is the long range one, not the V13.... 

• Upvote 1