💪 EUC pull force test results - reviewers please do this!

Do it! :)

21 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Sherman S

Yes, I should be able to measure one in the next month or so. 

21 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

S22 pro

But I think the controller has not changed, so why would pull force change? 
Also bear in mind S22's firmware is very timid about low-speed motor current; it's not going to make impressive numbers like GW / EB / LK / old-Kingsongs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Imo low speed torque was greatly increased with some firmware version for the S22. All S22 pro have aoready this new firmware versions - S22 only if the users upgraded the firmware. So here are many reports of "weak" S22 - only because they still have the old firmware.

Also bear in mind S22's firmware is very timid about low-speed motor current; it's not going to make impressive numbers like GW / EB / LK / old-Kingsongs.

Most likely KS and ?inmotion? never will have pull force test results comparable to begode as they have beside a constant motor current limit very likely some additional (or just more rigid) "stand still/lowest speed" current/power limit.

And such was a relieved with this one firmware update for the S22.

• Upvote 1

Do it! :)

Yes, I should be able to measure one in the next month or so. 

The magnets in the pro motors are wider. I personally compared pro with my own s22. The pro climbed a really steep hill easily without having to lean too much and my s22 struggled quite much during the climb. I myself did the testing myself with both of the wheels and they were both on the latest firmware. S22 Pro definitely has way more torque than the S22.

• Like 2

Awesome!

Would also love to see the stats of the Sherman S and if it pulls more than the Shermax.
Can't really find much info on the motor, but a lot of websites seem to describe it as a High Torque motor although theres almost no info to be found.

Also those amp draws in all the tests are impressively high. I would think 200 would destroy either the battery or board?
I'm pretty new to this stuff but i often find myself looking at the amps on my Sherman display while riding, but i have no idea what the safe amount would be. 

Edited by Panen

1 hour ago, Eucner said:

That's great. The V13 should be even stronger.

V13 limits the power quite strongly at standstill (like many/most/all? non-Begode based wheels do), so it won’t get good results in this test. 

Edited by mrelwood

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Well, that was unexpected... 

(Sherman S)

AJFCJaXOARej_qAM10p7IcLbBMzGdcTzm3js5qoh

Wow totally unexpected, I wonder what Patton will be. 😮

• Like 1

Would be very interesting to know the results with an S22 Pro motor, even with low-rpm current limit in firmware it feels a lot stronger at low-rpm from my tests.

6 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Dream on :( 

Adam Wrongway couldn't climb steep grades with it...

Yes, I'm aware of it. I didn't say it is stronger, just that it should be stronger with reclaimed 300 Nm torque. It would be nice to see how much it can really deliver and what Inmotion can do to keep their faces.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Adam Wrongway couldn't climb steep grades with it...

wrongway was acting a fool in that video , it's obvious. Many others have proven the v13's torque and climbing power. I have no problem with 45/50 degree hills myself.

Doesn't look lacking power in this clip.

https://streamable.com/7nlnes

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

wrongway was acting a fool in that video , it's obvious. Many others have proven the v13's torque and climbing power. I have no problem with 45/50 degree hills myself.

Doesn't look lacking power in this clip.

https://streamable.com/7nlnes

The rider has his hands on the ground thus wheel is not bearing all of the rider weight and most importantly there is no traction in the tire thus the wheel acts like it is in free spin mode. Traction is fundamental criterion to assess the power or torque of a wheel. Thus this video only indicates that the wheel is out of traction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Well, that was unexpected... 

(Sherman S)

AJFCJaXOARej_qAM10p7IcLbBMzGdcTzm3js5qoh

Thank you so much for testing this, really appreciate it.

Looks really strong and it makes me kinda happy with my purchase although very expensive.

By the way there is a 3.0.9 firmware out, but i don't know if it changes anything.

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the same scale and have the v13 so i will be happy to perform a test. Not sure if EUC world is working but i think inmotion app can record the specs. I'll document the process. It will be interesting to see if it stacks up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Another big difference as weight and size increase is how far you have to lean to get the same amount of acceleration (Column K).

How is this calculated?

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It will be interesting to see if it (V13) stacks up.

It quite probably won’t fare well, due to the known strong current limiter at standstill.

12 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i will be happy to perform a test. Not sure if EUC world is working

Just start a "csv log" in EUC World after connecting to the V13. Then share the file, after the test :)

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

How is [180lb rider CG offset for 0.5G accel] calculated?

Forward lean distance: 
"One-half G" means a pull force equal to half of the total weight of rider+machine. 
Most EUC's are capable of delivering this much force, so the CG offset amount isn't a function of the maximum pull force; it's only a result of the weight and the tire size.
The CG offset is calculated by solving for offset distance of the rider's weight, to create a torque equal to the known motor torque for 0.5G acceleration. 
Feel free to check my math here.

And thanks for the prompt- I previously missed a divide-by-two to convert diameter to radius, corrected now. 

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 5:24 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Looks like 180, i misread it. I used euc world but don't know how to get the file.

In phone is folder eucworld inside is LOGS just upload it here and we can exctract data from file. 

Example this format EUC data 2022-06-05 145635.csv upload CSV you test.

storage/emulated/0/download/EUC world (here is my path to files on galaxy S20 5G

Spoiler

I use Total Comander app for browsing phone

FE)

Edited by DjPanJan
spoiler

On 5/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

V13 188lb, nice work!
It's the best showing we've seen from Inmotion sofar. 

And extra points for the unistrut handles :eff00eab1e:

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(img url)
  • Like 3