Losing weight from riding EUC?

360rumors

I was watching a video last night where they were talking about how some users have lost weight from riding EUC.  Any tips on how to do that?  Other than the first couple of days, I don't sweat at all when I ride EUC.  I do exercise my legs and I'm improving my balance, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should be doing to maximize any health benefits.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

I was watching a video last night where they were talking about how some users have lost weight from riding EUC.  Any tips on how to do that?  Other than the first couple of days, I don't sweat at all when I ride EUC.  I do exercise my legs and I'm improving my balance, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should be doing to maximize any health benefits.

your wheel is ultra-light as far as eucs go, so you're going to miss out on some of the calorie burning.

But off-road, as mentioned above will do the trick, or even setting up a little race course in a field or empty parking lot:

football-player-on-training-slalom-drill

Get some cones, include lots of sharp turns, and do time trials to see how fast you can do it.

Set a goal for 10 or 20 or 30 "reps", just like you would if you were running sprints or doing weight lifting sets at the gym.

Your V8 isn't a great off-road or uphill speed wheel, but there's plenty you can do with it to get your heart/muscles/calories moving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

Ok thanks guys I will try off-road and see if that gets me sweating 😃

If all else fails just buy that new ex20s which weighs 104 pounds and just stop every 10 miles riding and bench press it 20 reps 🤣🤣

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, 360rumors said:

I would take that claim with a grain of salt. Riding an EUC is better than sitting on the couch alone with a gallon of Coke and a family sized bag of Doritos, but it's not going to be a lot of exercise compared to other alternative activities. 

9 minutes ago, VikB said:

I would take that claim with a grain of salt. Riding an EUC is better than sitting on the couch alone with a gallon of Coke and a family sized bag of Doritos, but it's not going to be a lot of exercise compared to other alternative activities. 

Not a lot of exercise 🤣 depends if ya ride like this 

I find riding an ebike does make me sweat, more fit, and maybe even lose a little weight. But then I don't think I am a person who needs to lose too much weight. (Well, at least that is what I keep telling myself.) As I get more fit, I just ride faster and faster. Make sure the motor is powerful enough, but not overly so.

On the other hand, on an euc, I really don't get much of a work out. My legs do progressively get stronger, and more toned, but very slowly. But that is about it.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

id say unless you were a vegetable before then its not gonna help you lose weight at all.. sure learning can be tough but after that all youre doing is standing lol

• Upvote 1

It's way to easy to run to McDonald's now.  Way to easy.

• Haha 2

It's more so getting out of the house, improving your mood, and changing your lifestyle that makes EUC riding a "weightloss" thing. The riding itself won't really do much. Hard offroading will do more than street cruising (all that knee bending is a lot of squats), but it really isn't anything close to doing actual workouts. I've personally lost ~100lbs since getting into PEV's, need to lose ~100 more. I was down ~140 but I've since slipped off my diet and regiment. Now's as good a time as any to get back into it.

I was completely sedintary. Didn't work, didn't leave my house (no car or license) and just stayed inside eating, watching tv, and playing video games all day. I was up to 400lbs. I got hired at a gas station right down the block, a little over 1 mile away, and needed a way to get there. I didn't want to uber every single day, or get a car payment and insurance, and I drifted towards PEV's. I was always a scooter kid growing up, flying down the huge hill near my place on a razor scooter, etc. So I started looking at those, settled on a cheap shitty $250 scooter that was rated for 350lbs and rode it to and from work going 6-10mph. I was getting out of the house, riding (albeit slowly) to the grocery store, meeting up with old friends, and just getting out of my own head. Got myself down to 330lbs and ordered an Emove Cruiser which I used to travel around my city, ride with cyclist friends, and go the store/work on. 6 months after that I was down to 260 and I got myself my first EUC. Since then I've been getting out more and more but I got lazy with my calorie counting and have gone back up to 300lbs even though I ride many more miles daily than I used to.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

id say unless you were a vegetable before then its not gonna help you lose weight at all.. sure learning can be tough but after that all youre doing is standing lol

On second thought, OP, I'd say think of your EUC/V8 as a metabolism maintainer in your off-days from exercising. Probably not worth busting up/frying your V8 offroad just to try to shed a few pounds. But that's a good way to spend an off-day between workouts.

It sounds like you want to see some real fitness results. 

Try the walk-run-walk method. I do mine in an empty parking lot, but a soccer field, track, or any route on the roads will work.

Walk, jog even a few steps, and keep walking. Jog even a few steps again, and keep walking. Either try to increase the time you jog, or increase the speed with which you run between walking/cool-downs.

Framing your workout like this will prevent you from getting discouraged about not being able to jog for miles, and it'll keep you coming back.

Start your workouts with expectations that you might not jog/sprint much at all. Figure that part out after you get nice and warmed up with a long walk.

Some days I end up simply walking, and some days I bring 5 lb or 10 lb dumbbells and do a bunch of exercises while walking.

But on my good days I sprint 40 yard dashes pretty darn fast, walking in between.

You could also look into kettlebell exercises, and do them with your V8. And like pick up your V8 and try to do 10-15 squats.

Just put the work in even 1-2 times a week on some real exercise, and you'll find that your metabolism rises and the pounds come off, with your EUC riding keeping you active and avoiding sedentary days completely.

Your metabolism is gonna skyrocket just by eliminating those lazy off days.

• Thanks 1

7-Eleven: 

The giant 64-ounce Double Gulp® drink was introduced first in 1988.

64 oz / 1892ml

Super Big Gulp (40 oz) has 40 teaspoons of sugar (146 grams)

Double Gulp (64 oz) presumably has 64 teaspoons of sugar. 

Approximately one teaspoon of sugar per 30ml.

64 teaspoons of sugar - 1024 calories/4284 kilojoules

Generally, the recommended daily calorie intake is:

2,000 calories (8368 kj) a day for women

2,500 calories (10460 kj) for men.

double_big_gulp.jpeg

• Like 1

I havent managed to lose any weight by riding my EUC, but that is mostly due to the fact that I like to do rather long trips (50-70km) that require me to charge my wheel on tour. I do that by eating in restaurants and charging my wheel at one of their outlets while I eat.... it is really difficult to find other spots where I can charge my wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2