Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

5 minutes ago, taiguy said:

I need to message @Freestyler if I want to try the custom firmware though right?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Thank you. EUC world doesn't seem to have a PWM alarm, or is it called something else ? Maybe Safety Margin ?

I don’t use EUCW myself, and I’m not sure what the Safety Margin refers to exactly. It could also be a purely speed based alarm.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

don’t use EUCW myself, and I’m not sure what the Safety Margin refers to exactly. It could also be a purely speed based alarm.

Yes it's confusing. The one video I watched that tried to explain it seemed to be mainly one person being confused by it also !

I think it is more than speed alarm though, as EUC World already has 3 of those...

If it turns out EUCW doesn't have a pwm alarm, what would be sensible values for Peak Current and Current for example ?

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Thank you. EUC world doesn't seem to have a PWM alarm, or is it called something else ? Maybe Safety Margin ?

there's no PWM alarm on EUCW

safety margin is an estimation and need to be tuned

beeper is really loud but best way is always use a BT speaker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any guidance on how to put my master into firmware upgrade mode? All literature I can find online for begode wheels states

• put the wheel on it’s side
  • Hold the lift switch button
  • Turn on the power button
  • Start mashing the lift switch button while holding down the power button

I feel like I’m missing something here. Tried 5x with no change.

video of 3 attempts

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

It isn't too clear, but he did get results at the end.

Time-stamped

I think I figured out the trick to get it to "reliably" go into upgrade mode. 

No luck with firmware upgrades still.

My current version is GW2014503

kb5nqhw.jpg

I'd like to get to 

GW2014903 - which is a supported firmware from @Freestyler

d3qDDyq.jpg

In upgrade mode or not, the behavior is the same. The progress bar goes to 1%, the wheel light flashes, and then the wheel turns off.

7wKICHC.jpg

Boo.

Edited by taiguy

You got in, but it is stuck in the downloading stage.

Have you ensure that with no other bluetooth devices on. 

Also, have you try it with other phones? ANDROID, IOS, different phones?

Edited by techyiam

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You got in, but it is stuck in the downloading stage.

Have you ensure that with no other bluetooth devices on. 

Also, have you try it with other phones? ANDROID, IOS, different phones?

I only have the one android (S22U) phone. @Freestyler thinks that none of the V1, V2, V3 firmwares listed are compatible with my wheel, which is causing the wheel to shut off immediately. 

14 minutes ago, taiguy said:

Je n'ai qu'un seul téléphone Android (S22U).@Freestyler pense qu'aucun des firmwares V1, V2, V3 répertoriés n'est compatible avec mon volant, ce qui provoque l'arrêt immédiat du volant. 

I had the same problem, sent to the sales department.  Wearing bluetooth is very short, you had to put the phone on the screen and not move

I can confirm I also had to put my phone on the wheel's display to upgrade the firmware with @Freestyler FW 2014803 on my V3 Master.

I also get regular disconnects between the wheel and the EUC World app while riding. So, the BT distance is very short with the Master compared with my RS 19.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

I can confirm I also had to put my phone on the wheel's display to upgrade the firmware with @Freestyler FW 2014803 on my V3 Master.

I also get regular disconnects between the wheel and the EUC World app while riding. So, the BT distance is very short with the Master compared with my RS 19.

Hmm not on mine, maybe it's some quality issues with bluetooth models, kinda like the deadzone thing.

49 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

it's not turning your wheel off when you try to push a firmware upgrade right?

17 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

@taiguy No, it does not turn off the wheel, if just disconnects. I only did the FW upgrade once to @Freestyler Master V3 Firmware.  I was the first to get the new FW ported to the V3 Master.

After running his Dynamic PWM Firmware on my RS19, I won't run anything else.  I like the safety features he built into the FW.

yeah - my wheel turns completely off when I try pushing a firmware - which lines up with @Freestyler's hypothesis that incompatible firmware will just shut down the wheel.

6 minutes ago, Aztek said:

What is the  benefit from this firmware upgrade? The wheel functions okayish...

Why risk upgrade?

For the dynamic tiltback. My master is doing the same behavior. Begotway inconsistency strikes again. It seems they put different firmware on the eWheels batch of masters. Maybe for the Litech batteries?

I hope to figure this out. I use the dynamic tiltback firmware on an ex.n high torque and a monster pro. The master is faster than my monster pro. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Unipilot69 said:

For the dynamic tiltback. My master is doing the same behavior. Begotway inconsistency strikes again. It seems they put different firmware on the eWheels batch of masters. Maybe for the Litech batteries?

I hope to figure this out. I use the dynamic tiltback firmware on an ex.n high torque and a monster pro. The master is faster than my monster pro. 

So you're upgrading with the pwm based firmware a user here has developed?

On which original fw is it based? Aren't we risking some missing features and bugs to be introduced if it is based on older fw?

I mean, if it ain't broken...

Edited by Aztek

When I received me V3 Master from Alien Rides. I messaged @Freestyler and he ported a version of his dynamic tiltback FW for me. Mine was 2014803 FW.

You can get the information you need to supply him with from https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html?debug=true

He will provide you with instructions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Topkek said:

How do I determine whether my master is v2 or v3?

Well it's not V3 cos they haven't been made yet ! Confusingly, what everyone is calling 'V2' is the 3rd batch / run that Begode made and those got into the country end Sept 2022, so if you bought yours before that, then it won't be run 3.

You can tell if its Batch 1, 2 or 3 though.

Batches 1 and 2 (V1) have a green BMS board. Batch 3 (V2) has a blue one, and a plastic box behind it that is absent on the earlier versions.

Edited by Cerbera

22 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well it's not V3 cos they haven't been made yet ! Confusingly, what everyone is calling 'V2' is the 3rd batch / run that Begode made and those got into the country end Sept 2022, so if you bought yours before that, then it won't be run 3.

You can tell if its Batch 1, 2 or 3 though.

Batches 1 and 2 (V1) have a green BMS board. Batch 3 (V2) has a blue one, and a plastic box behind it that is absent on the earlier versions.

They have a firmware listed for master v3 though, was thinking of trying it 😂 

8 minutes ago, Topkek said:

They have a firmware listed for master v3 though, was thinking of trying it 😂 

Hello, yellow brick road ;) You're a braver man than me if you try it !

Nah, it might be fine - might just refer to V3 of the firmware !

Edited by Cerbera

@Cerbera is correct. Begode is on V2 of the Master but the 3rd batch. You would see Master V3 firmware in the Begode App for FW upgrade.

As was stated, it is technically V2 but the 3rd batch.

ECO Drift did a teardown of the 3rd batch:

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

I got mine on September 28th from Alien Rides and is slightly different that then one from the ECO Drift teardown, but the electronics are the same.