Mango

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

You'll trip the breaker on a US household standard 15A circuit... something to keep in mind!

These chargers generally will not be able to charge at 18A from a 110V power input, for full output you need to plug into 240V.

Depending on the efficiency it could well be that you would exceed the 10A current draw that most standard 240V circuits are designed for and trip the breaker.  Most domestic appliances are designed to be up to 2,400W (240V, 10A) and a charger outputting 2,268 would need to be VERY efficient to not pull more than 2,400W on the input side.  This isn't a problem for me because I'm plugging into a power supply that can provide 4,000W continuous (8,000W peak) and would be fine up to 20A at 134.4V, that and I don't have a wheel with over 100.8V and I'm not planning to charge at 20A anyway.

6 hours ago, Josiah said:

Was that with dual chargers 3 hrs and single charger 6 hrs?

Yes. Kujiroll said with one charger it was 6 hours, but with two, it was 3 hours. 

But I don't think he mentioned if it was with the default charger of a distant charger. 

But since he has two V13, (one with suspension and another with suspension "locked") I assume he just used the two default chargers that he had.  Which besides the ability of having another charger on hand, is still impressive to me. 

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Video is not in English (sounds like it's French)

Nice, thanks for the post. It's definitely France because we see the Eiffel tower in the background. You can click on close caption and then change to English in the settings to see what he is saying. He is definitely very exited about it..lol

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

You can click on close caption and then change to English in the settings to see what he is saying. He is definitely very exited about it..lol

Ha ha ha ha I about died laughing around the 6 minute 30 second mark when the subtitles read "On the other hand, to sit you have to like promiscuity" which was likely a joke about the trolley handle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2022 at 2:40 AM, UPONIT said:

Whatever the case, the motor giving everything it is theoretically capable of. how many minutes could it go?

Considering how random and marketingsectory the announced “motor watts” are, it’d definitely be best to leave them out completely.

Even if the wattage number did describe just the nominal motor wattage, it still wouldn’t describe the efficacy you expect in your calculations.

On 12/17/2022 at 2:40 AM, UPONIT said:

What more objective measure of "range" aka "work capacity" is there?

Wh = Watts (amount of work) for one hour. Doesn’t get better and clearer than that!

If you want to be more precise, check the low voltage limit for each wheel, and then check 3rd party battery tests with capacity per voltage graphs. They’ll tell you exactly what kind of capacity to expect from the battery until the low voltage limit is reached.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Wh = Watts (amount of work) for one hour. Doesn’t get better and clearer than that!

If you want to be more precise, check the low voltage limit for each wheel, and then check 3rd party battery tests with capacity per voltage graphs. They’ll tell you exactly what kind of capacity to expect from the battery until the low voltage limit is reached.

I totally get what you are saying. But the metric we're trying to estimate is "range," rather than "capacity" per se. Range is a nebulous concept depending on so many factors. It seems fairly objective to take rider weight, road conditions, vehicle type, etc. etc etc. out of it and say objectively-ish: This 1,000 W motor E-bike paired with a 5,000Wh battery could run full throttle for 5 hours. Versus this 10,000W motor E-bike with a 2,000Wh battery that can run full throttle for 12 minutes. That gives a starting point for a person to fill in their own use case and get an idea of their own probable range with each.

Example: I know that on the 1kW bike, if I am on flat roads, going 15mph, I'll get a certain amount of range. No specific amount known without actually testing it myself. But I know it won't go up steep hills at all. Whereas the 10kW dirtbike can zip up hills and coast down them, and on flat roads will use about the same power if I go the same speed. Roughly, I would have 2.5 times less range on flats. Start adding in all the other relevant factors of my use, and it helps me compare "range" more fairly than just comparing the two manufacturers who say "Range = 1,000 miles" or "Range = 75 miles."

"Range" is almost meaningless out of context. Whereas "Wh" and "Wattage" are (should be) measurable and comparable? I assume a Master Pro will get a lot more range than a V13 in similar use cases. 4,800 Wh vs. 3100 Wh, with same wattage motors. Not exact, and not comprehensive, but something to compare objectively-ish?

With ICE autos, mpg ratings have very specific parameters for testing and making an mpg claim (not that it is perfect). EUCs have no such requirements.

Edited by UPONIT
spelling

39 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

What if... Now hear me out on this one... What if we just wait and see?

Sigh... Yes. "Wait and see" is always my guiding principle. Especially in a speculation thread, it is all just speculation.

I think the intention of this tangent just got lost in the shuffle. Interesting ideas to think about regardless. :D

4 hours ago, alex5454 said:

Hi, if we calculate a weight of 70 kg with an average speed of 45-50 km/H, I think the V13 has a range of 80-100 km...about..

I would say a good estimate. 3000 w / 100 km = 30 wh/km. The Samsung 35E has a cycle life of 500 cycle to 60% (what happens after 500 cycles?). So if the battery will need replacing after 500 cycles and costs $3,000. We have battery life of 500*100= 50,000 km. and a cost of $6 per 100 km for battery replacement. Quite expensive machines these electric things. I can run a car cheaper than that.

1 hour ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Im usually in the market for a new motorcycle/unicycle within 2 years. Its a curse.

Now that you have switched to electric wheels from motorcycles, you must be saving tons. You actually have the budget for both the Sherman-S  and the V13. 🙂

On second thought, maybe three. Since you are also saving on insurance, registration, etc, plus gas,  maintenance, battery, Akrapovic aftermarket exhaust, Ohlins, etc.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2