Mango

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

I am still working out how speed assist works but I THINK? i feel the wheel slightly helping with a tilt, and the reverse mechanism to the braking assist. 

I think, my legs are still tuning into things and i changed pedal hardness so it felt different tonight. 

I just went out then and initially had speed assist on 100 and braking assist on 100 and that’s when it felt like a floaty tilt helping to accelerate. 

Not sure if also it gives a more nimble response but it felt so, this though could be related to if it tilts it helps me accelerate easier/more responsive. 

100 was not my cup of tea at speed, i wanted more solid feel. I tried 60 for braking and speed on my last runs and that might be ok.

Does that all make sense? I am really not sure yet. Give me another day. 

I got to 86.5kph then. 

wow even small movement and wind and that speed can destroy you. TUCK IN! 

it’s charging for the second time today, 3 long rolls today. 

Interesting! So you are saying that the assist is actually helping me go faster? That is interesting. I will try to that myself. Although this week we are dealing with snow and rain. So it'll have to wait until Saturday. I wish an Inmotion representative would just clearly state what these settings do, and the best way to achieve max speed on the wheel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eyss said:

Inmotion released a video for the motor bolt replacement. 

Just got the link from my reseller today as well. Still waiting for new bolts to be sent ...

6 minutes ago, HEC said:

Still waiting for new bolts to be sent ...

Same situation here, although no link from my reseller. (I went with Oneride.eu)

I am not worried, but am looking forward to getting the bolts. It does seem a bit more involved than I would like. But I think knowing the wheel like this is only going to be a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

Looks like the Gotway Monster v2/v3 tire. 

Nice catch!
After talking about it with @EMA a while ago I suggested Inmotion to try the the CST C117 as alternative, first to Cecily then later on to Bob when we had a call. The reason is that it seems to have been a very appreciated tire on the Monster.

Maybe they gave it a tried indeed?
This type of pattern is known as "classic" or "retro" and is still very popular and used on many tires, by CST and others.

For the V13 the C117 would be in 3.00-16 dimensions, therefore significantly wider and not the same turning behavior as the Monster V2/V3.

Edit: 3.00-16 confirmed in the video, and the pattern looks exactly like the C117.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Interesting, because reports I've read say that when speed assist is on your top speed is limited. Where you saying that you hit 85 kph WITH speed assist set to 70%?

where did you read that? i have my acceleration assist at 80% and can reach 90+kph fine..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Interesting! So you are saying that the assist is actually helping me go faster? That is interesting. I will try to that myself. Although this week we are dealing with snow and rain. So it'll have to wait until Saturday. I wish an Inmotion representative would just clearly state what these settings do, and the best way to achieve max speed on the wheel. 

i think so :) It was so late when i tested this feature and my legs were jelly. I’ll try again today and figure it out. 

I agree with wanting to know more, I’m chatting with IM at the moment hoping to offer some more clarity on the app and features in my videos. 

1 hour ago, SquallLHeart said:

where did you read that? i have my acceleration assist at 80% and can reach 90+kph fine..

Thanks good to know. I went and set mine to 80% and it does seem to help. 

I think I read it here. I think maybe Marty or Roger from Socal said something like that. Or maybe it was Dawn. Still that was a couple of software versions ago, so I guess it could have been updated and now the advice is wrong. 

I am just happy to be able to accelerate beyond 70. Of course I couldn't really test right now, because it is raining nasty outside at the moment. I think I'm going through EUC withdrawl....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

The rain just started here as you spoke :)

I have popped some yoga mat up under the mudguard to stop the water ingress. Maybe i’ll try some wet weather riding in the next few days.

We've got snow 2 days ago. I'm just waiting for delivery of new glue sticks for my hot glue gun and then I'll weather proof the taillight panel. 

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Honestly, Marty and a few other YouTubers rush to get their content on new wheels out so fast that they don’t check the details and confirm their suspicions, but just blurp out how they think stuff works. They don’t even check the user manuals. There are several things they say that simply aren’t true, and never were. Sometimes Marty even recommends I’ll practices, such as the V13 shock adjustment saga or V11 disassembly.

Don’t trust what you hear on YouTube. Hmm, maybe I should make a video about it!

i think the youtube thing is a job/business for some. Time is critical to the business, also why i think we get rushed first batch EUC faults. It’s not always right first go but gotta start somewhere :/ 

Its the NOW NOW NOW nature of our world. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I got my new bolts in from Eevee's. Do I really need to use glue as shown in the video? Do I really need to use a heat gun to remove the bolts? I'm gonna venture a guess that no, those two steps are optional. Let's find out!

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Honestly, Marty and a few other YouTubers rush to get their content on new wheels out so fast that they don’t check the details and confirm their suspicions

Who can blame them though - collectively, we are a baying horde of consumers demanding ALL the reviews at the earliest possible opportunity !!

11 hours ago, Eyss said:

Inmotion released a video for the motor bolt replacement. 

But they have a different tire on the wheel that I like the look of. Some sort of CST and looks like a street tire. Possibly batch 3?

tpw721E.jpeg

This video is not idiot proof. What is going to happen to the suspension if I disassemble it with air inside? I really don't know, because this is my first suspension wheel. This is going to take all day...

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I can! No problem in rushing the content, but just don’t say things you don’t know for sure. Chooch is the master in this, obviously. There has been videos where he says more (especially technical) details wrong than right.

Unfortunately I agree with this. Love the guy but when watching some of his content, was saying wrong, wrong, wrong again - even a cursory glance at some other videos would point this out. Can’t get by with swagging it out forever. Detail matters.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A High Roller said:

I got my new bolts in from Eevee's. Do I really need to use glue as shown in the video? Do I really need to use a heat gun to remove the bolts? I'm gonna venture a guess that no, those two steps are optional. Let's find out!

As always, use care removing things... while the old saying "if it doesn't work, force it... if it breaks it needed fixing anyway" usually applies, not so much with bolts. Removing a stripped or decapitated bolt is fairly difficult, especially if it's locktite'd in!

Concerning using glue when reinstalling, I personally would do so—these bolts hold your wheel on, having them get loose is not a good thing under any circumstances. Note that the 'glue' I now use is VibraTite VC-3. Fasteners secured with it hold better under vibration and are still removable without heat.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No problem in rushing the content, but just don’t say things you don’t know for sure.

Some V13 video I saw recently--I don't recall which--was swooning about the redundant Hall sensors and said something to the effect of, "That way, even if one sensor fails, the wheel will still know which way is up."

Made me chuckle

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, supercurio said:

Nice catch!
After talking about it with @EMA a while ago I suggested Inmotion to try the the CST C117 as alternative, first to Cecily then later on to Bob when we had a call. The reason is that it seems to have been a very appreciated tire on the Monster.

Maybe they gave it a tried indeed?
This type of pattern is known as "classic" or "retro" and is still very popular and used on many tires, by CST and others.

For the V13 the C117 would be in 3.00-16 dimensions, therefore significantly wider and not the same turning behavior as the Monster V2/V3.

Edit: 3.00-16 confirmed in the video, and the pattern looks exactly like the C117.

Nice I hope it is the Batch 3 tire, since I just ordered one. 

I had 3 monsters before, I liked that tire, and it being wider here will only make it better. Only issue I remember is small stones being caught very often on the thread and having to remove them (much more often than on the usual offroad tires we see lately), but not a huge deal. 

2 hours ago, A High Roller said:

The idea is that original bolts might be lower grade / quality than designed (hence the whole replacement saga in a first place). If those were mounted using 18 N.m torque and glue, attempting to remove them without heating them first might result in shearing the heads off. And for using the glue for mounting new bolts, I personally would use it as well. After all those are the most important bolts in the whole assembly (literally carrying your weight), perhaps together with 3 motor phase cables bolts. As those 8 bolts are not strictly necessarily required to be removed upon tire or inner tube replacement, you might as well fix them "permanently" and worry less about re-tightening them too often.

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jean eRide.ie Community said:

Nice I hope it is the Batch 3 tire, since I just ordered one. 

I doubt that. I think that (for the foreseeable future at least) V13 will be shipped with the same (or similar) knobby tire. Other / street type tire(s) might be offered as an accessory but probably not as default stock tire. That indeed doesn't prevent resellers from offering their own alternative tires already preinstalled prior shipping to end customers. 

Edited by HEC
  • Upvote 2

The bolts from Eevee's shipped with what I believe to be blue locktite. I am assuming it is locktite. So I will periodically check the tightness of the bolts, maybe every couple hundred miles. Thanks for the help as always. I need to get the rear mudguard off to attach my bike lock. Anyone know how?

Edited by A High Roller