Mango

21 minutes ago, Uras said:

I don't think folk do a balancing charge for extra range - I don't. It's to keep the batteries at a similar voltage and use whether high or low. Those low wattages (1.6 and 1) after supposed balance must be going somewhere - supposedly there isn't much to do re balancing at this point, just those fine top ups?

the charger consumes 1 watt not plugged into the wheel. the s18 the same. 

after 3 hours the s18 drops to 1.6 from the wall and will probably stay like that until the apocalypse. maybe the s18 goes into maintenance mode pulling a half watt more plugged in. the s18 in the ks app doesn't show individual batteries like the s22 software does.

i'm referring to marty jiggering with his charger to get 126 volts because he feels that extra volt will give him more range. he has a video about the s22 charger and just today another one about the inmotion champion v14.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

here ya go. s18 charger not plugged into the wheel. the s18 is all over the place not plugged in. might read zero, than 3, but generally settles at 1.8. once it gets down to 2.6, ur done. 3 hours after green light comes on.

BA1DCA57-7858-46E3-858B-A2DE5417D168.thumb.jpeg.d6f505f617087d9e944995cd5b8f9002.jpeg

s22 charger not plugged into the wheel. u could leave it's charger plugged in forever and ur batteries would probably die, because once it kicks off, it's off. u gotta unplug and start over.

FF9E0588-F980-4635-8B74-54AD48BB5454.thumb.jpeg.8df152b8e9632e5b1eb85efe9fdf1ab3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

I placed my preorder on Aug 19

Sept. 19th here

On a side note, i ordered a michelin pilot street 2 80/90-16 in the event i wanted to switch tires on the v13 and 2 of them came. So i will only be using one, if anyone is local and wants it they can pick it up for free, otherwise pay shipping and ill send you it. The drawback is there is a 15% discrepancy in the speedometer using it from what i understand from an earlier post because it's slightly smaller than the factory one. But that doesn't matter to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, techyiam said:

That was what I was expecting too before I bought my Abrams, because of my experience when I jumped from a T3 to a V12, and even got on an Abrams then.

When I finally jumped from my V12 to my own Abrams, free mount was not an issue at all. I could easily control the wheel with only one foot on it. Sure, there was a learning curve to ride it, but my legs and balance had already developed to a higher level, and made dealing with it painless. 

Surprisingly, Sherman-S, V13, and Master Pro, did not feel unwieldy at all. Only, the Master Pro with its significantly higher pedal height took a little more to get use to. I thought the Abrams felt more top heavy, but the very high pedal height on the Master Pro did feel like something different. 

My legs were easily strong enough to balance these big wheels. 

When I first started, I found it challenging just to balance a T3 with one leg.

Your body will adapt. If you don't have to lift it, the weight may not be that apparent.

After you have about a year of riding experience on your Master, I doubt you will have any problems riding any of the big wheels. Sure, there is an adjustment period, but it is not a big deal.

Personally, I would not learn to ride an electric wheel on a big wheel. T3 was good, but a V12 would be max for me.

My point here is that after a rider has acquired enough skills and experience, he or she can get a wheel that has a suspension, more performance, and range, and not have to worry so much about the weight (assuming no lifting is required).

I dont use pads on my T3 but its easy to balance with either leg, that pad sticks out a bit & gives better control/grip especially with the neoprene skin. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sept. 19th here

On a side note, i ordered a michelin pilot street 2 80/90-16 in the event i wanted to switch tires on the v13 and 2 of them came. So i will only be using one, if anyone is local and wants it they can pick it up for free, otherwise pay shipping and ill send you it. The drawback is there is a 15% discrepancy in the speedometer using it from what i understand from an earlier post because it's slightly smaller than the factory one. But that doesn't matter to me.

Interesting, so there is no 90/90-16 street tires, or it just doesn't fit?

Any way to calibrate speedo by tire diameter in cm or mm ?

I don't remember exactly when I ordered, I hopefully will get a reminder when they're in!

Edited by Supakatt

1 hour ago, Supakatt said:

Interesting, so there is no 90/90-16 street tires, or it just doesn't fit?

Inmotion has chosen a very stupid tire size. 

Aside from the 80/90 tire, the only ones I can find are the 80/80 Pirelli angel and 80/80 Michelin anakee 

There's a Michelin city pro 3.50 X 16 but that's probably too big. 

The duro hf319 3.00x16 looks promising for a street tire though

There's also the shinko 241 and 244 in 3.00x16

The Michelin city grip comes in 90/80-16 as well but unsure if this would fit. 

Edited by Eyss
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Inmotion has chosen a very stupid tire size.  

There's a Michelin city pro 3.50 X 16 but that's probably too big. 

The duro hf319 3.00x16 looks promising for a street tire though 

Yeah, unless IM planned to sell their own tires, the size has very limited options. The duro is definitely what I will likely switch to, but I am really curious about the city pro 🤔

My only thing is with some of these tire options is all those grooves just add to road noise, & although I ride in the rain & grooves are important, the road noise is really annoying, the dirt tire has to go, & a good street tire will improve the ride!

Edited by Supakatt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rebeuc said:

I've heard maybe a week from port to warehouse, but I don't know how consistent that is.

Cool!  Their warehouse is in Phoenix right?  I’m in Denver right next door.  Super excited.  Should be here around Feb 10th or so.   Ended up working a ton of extra hours and got an invoice from Jason to make payments on the balance.  Finally somehow paid it in full!  Now to get the rest of the safety gear.  Work hard play hard. :w00t2:   :eff006f726:   :thumbup: Thread is up to page V13! 

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Not in the pilot street 2, i have no idea if a 90/90-16 exists in another brand or if it would fit. I know  someone has used this one so i figured a good place to start.

These are the only tires I can find in 90/90-16.

https://fortnine.ca/en/mitas-mc9-classic-front-tire

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

...The LG spec sheet for the M50LT doesn't have that special warning paragraph found in the Samsung datasheet...The limit I was referring to comes from para 1.1.6 of the Samsung 40T data sheet, in the section that has the electrical design guidelines for 'packs'

6 hours ago, Chriull said:

...Could be the reason they made the cycle test with just 4.1V for the m50lt to reach 1000 cycles...

Wait, what do 40Ts and M50LTs have to do with anything? The V13 appears to use Samsung 35E cells.

7 minutes ago, soulson said:

Wait, what do 40Ts and M50LTs have to do with anything? The V13 appears to use Samsung 35E cells.

Strange to see 18650 form factor, but those have the same limitations (scroll down to the section talking about pack design on page 13). Although interesting is that they mention cells with a max voltage of 4.35 V... not sure what that means.

samsung_35e_data_sheet.pdf?v=1605015771

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

eWheels marketing page indicates V13 will use 18650 cells. I thought high discharge current 18650s topped out around 3500 mAh but I can't get the configuration to solve for a pack capacity of 3024 Wh using 30 series connected 3500 mAh 4.2 V cells. You'd need 7p to not quite get there. It solves nicely at 30s6p if you have a 4000 mAh cell but I haven't run into any 18650s at that capacity (besides over labeled counterfeits).

Does anyone know what's actually potted into the battery cases?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Strange to see 18650 form factor, but those have the same limitations (scroll down to the section talking about pack design on page 13). Although interesting is that they mention cells with a max voltage of 4.35 V... not sure what that means.

samsung_35e_data_sheet.pdf?v=1605015771

Imho they have the same addentum for all their cells with different standard charge voltages of 4.2V and 4.35V. This cell has 4.2V.

So the recommended cell voltages within a pack for samsung 35e is 4.1V for ebikes, scooters, ev/lev. Plus charge voltage even just 4.05V.

So the V13 should be a 121.5V wheel...

55 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

3.5Ah * 3.6V * 30 * 8 = 3024Wh

Same as ecodrift sees in his teardown:

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2023/01/17/inmotion-v13-challenger-razbiraem/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1