Don't try to squeeze between a wall ang a guy with a jackhammer.

11 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Anyway the worst, is that the chest pains, once I got home and cooled down, are still here. No problem breathing, so I guess no lung problem. But I'm in a lot of pain and if it doesn't slow down until tomorrow, I'll go do an x-ray. 

@Paulo Mesquita you sure are putting yourself through some ordeals just lately.  I hope that if you do end up needing an x-ray that there is No serious damage done and you feel better soon.  You need to start taking better care of yourself, so you can carry on enjoying riding your EUC's :D

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Scottie said:

I want to read about your adventures for a long, long time.  :D

The good ones though! Adventures that end with blood and x-rays and 😠 are better left to those that can get away starting out with: “here, hold my beer and watch this”. Oí, those were the days eh?

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tawpie said:

The good ones though! Adventures that end with blood and x-rays and 😠 are better left to those that can get away starting out with: “here, hold my beer and watch this”. Oí, those were the days eh?

It's a lesson to be learned: both big falls I had in the street since January were due to my stupidity. In one I trusted a plastic covering of a parking lot that caved in under the wheel, and on this second one I tried to squeeze where I should never have tried to. 

Couldn't be more stupid!!!! 😒😒😒😒😒... Lessons to be learned here. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Dang Paulo sorry for all your bad luck! 

Are you sure we’re getting the full story?;)

51243628259_99aeb187ab_n.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂... man, it were these ladies. The guy was pretty ugly and almost freaked ouf with the accident. He dropped the jackhammer and even tried to help. But when he saw me shaking my hand and fingers hard and sprinkling the cobblestines red.... he backed up quickly 😂😂😂😂

• Like 3

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Paulo. I have made a few mistakes myself and then kicked myself afterwards for not using better judgement. Now I am much more inclined to give myself healthy margins for safety (and not just for me either) so in a situation like that I am motivated to dismount and just walk it through the trouble point. Everyone comes out a winner. :P

I have found that it is frequently the low speed moves on sloped/irregular surfaces that can present the most surprise. :ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roadpower said:

I have made I am motivated to dismount and just walk it through the trouble point. Everyone comes out a winner. 

Yep! That's something I really need to set my mind to. My bad on this situation! 

4 hours ago, Roadpower said:

I have found that it is frequently the low speed moves on sloped/irregular surfaces that can present the most surprise. :ph34r:

So true. It's freaky and stupid that at almost a stopping situation one seems to have the worst falls. It's like the wheel fumbling, or just dropping, under our feet messes our falling pretty badly! 

Anyway, I'm almost without Rob pains, so I'm guessing in a couple of days I'll be riding again. 😊😊😊

• Like 3

Oh man, Paulo, so sorry to read about your crash! Can’t help but think that a suspension could’ve helped avoid the crash altogether… Have you considered the V11? :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

So true. It's freaky and stupid that at almost a stopping situation one seems to have the worst falls. It's like the wheel fumbling, or just dropping, under our feet messes our falling pretty badly!

When on a motorcycle, I liked to always claim.. "bad things typically happen when you come to a stop".  Even when you skip off pavement, its always worse once you hit something or finally stop. Makes you wonder.... If i hadnt slowed down, would I have just been fine? Only one way to find out....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Oh man, Paulo, so sorry to read about your crash! Can’t help but think that a suspension could’ve helped avoid the crash altogether… Have you considered the V11? :P

I've had the V11... did not like it due to two things:

1) foot stands to high for guy like me (96kg equipped and only 1,76mt tall) 

2) felt like riding a camel in the desert) 

I sold it to a friend who, with only about 500kms (total between him and me) on the v11, saw its motherboard burn out. 

My new and motherboard broken (only after 14kms riding - maiden ride) S18 is still sitting I a box in my living room waiting for the Myewheel shopping company to pick it up. 

I'm under a bad luck spell... 😁😁😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

When on a motorcycle, I liked to always claim.. "bad things typically happen when you come to a stop".  Even when you skip off pavement, its always worse once you hit something or finally stop. Makes you wonder.... If i hadnt slowed down, would I have just been fine? Only one way to find out....

That's it. In the midst of slowing down facing a new obstacle, hesitation installs itself. And I've  already figured out that hesitation was the cause of 90% of my falls in the past 5 months. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

That's it. In the midst of slowing down facing a new obstacle, hesitation installs itself. And I've  already figured out that hesitation was the cause of 90% of my falls in the past 5 months. 

Fear and intimidation has endangered me more than one would suspect. Personally, once I become intimidated, my reflexes and thought process begin to suffer. Of course the flip side of the same coin is... 'hold my beer and watch this', which we ALL know can end badly...:w00t2:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, well. You know, I had almost the same problem with my friend. 

This guy (let's call him Tom) likes to create challenges for himself. And on this friday he made a bet with his GF about the fact, that he will ride on his unicycle 100 metres reading a book. 

Well, maybe the book was too interesting or he is just an idiot or both variant -- the fact is, that Tommy is rn at home and has a broken leg... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phantom5533 said:

This guy (let's call him Tom) likes to create challenges for himself. And on this friday he made a bet with his GF about the fact, that he will ride on his unicycle 100 metres reading a book. 

Well, maybe the book was too interesting or he is just an idiot or both variant -- the fact is, that Tommy is rn at home and has a broken leg...

Riding a 100m with only peripheral vision doesn't seem that dangerous to me, unless you're riding 40km/h or on a road you don't know or in heavy traffic...
Also, a broken leg is a pretty rare injury on a unicycle, we tend to damage upper body way more often.

What's the whole story? The way it's described here, I'm skeptical. Unless he decided to go for a speed record as well... ;)

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1