2000km pass, Pfizer shot, little tricks, great smartwatch, S18 arriving, damn Harley Motor sound...

Good to hear you're still upright and riding around. Just turn off the avast and it won't be a problem. Why pretend like an awesome euc is a loud/obnoxious/overpriced old man harley? :)  Congrats on the s18, hopefully you will also enjoy it. At least music wont be on of your  concerns on that one. I agree that having a dedicated *cheap device is the way to go. I have a lemfo T for my 18XL and just acquired a galaxy s9+ for my sherm. Neither has cell service so they are simply computers velcrod to the wheel. I feel like something is missing when I dont have speed and battery readout at a glance. Lest we forget that music makes everything better.

GIve this a try. SPin around on a dime. ROll to a stop and just spin your shoulders and lowr body 180, then lean off to ride. Its much easier to do forwards that backwards. Of course, dont do it too much or youll wear a flat spot in the tire.

Again, congrats and tis good to hear from/about you!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

GIve this a try. SPin around on a dime. ROll to a stop and just spin your shoulders and lowr body 180, then lean off to ride. Its much easier to do forwards that backwards. Of course, dont do it too much or youll wear a flat spot in the tire.

@ShanesPlanet I do this too. actually if I'm not mistaken, right at the beginning her on the forum someone taught me that...I'm not sure but it might have bee you.

I do a "whip-like" shoulder and hip movement and it works great. OI just haven't been able to go all 180º. My max has been around 110º/120º.

25 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Good to hear you're still upright and riding around. Just turn off the avast and it won't be a problem. Why pretend like an awesome euc is a loud/obnoxious/overpriced old man harley? :)  Congrats on the s18, hopefully you will also enjoy it. At least music wont be on of your  concerns on that one. I agree that having a dedicated *cheap device is the way to go. I have a lemfo T for my 18XL and just acquired a galaxy s9+ for my sherm. Neither has cell service so they are simply computers velcrod to the wheel. I feel like something is missing when I dont have speed and battery readout at a glance. Lest we forget that music makes everything better.

Again, congrats and tis good to hear from/about you!

Btw, I did shut down the AVAS but the damn Harley, if I try to skip a track, still goes on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

@ShanesPlanet I do this too. actually if I'm not mistaken, right at the beginning her on the forum someone taught me that...I'm not sure but it might have bee you.

I do a "whip-like" shoulder and hip movement and it works great. OI just haven't been able to go all 180º. My max has been around 110º/120º.

Btw, I did shut down the AVAS but the damn Harley, if I try to skip a track, still goes on. 

I bet those sounds are part of your 'music' library. My new device played those too. I had to change where my device looked for music and not let it go into the euc folder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

THE INFAMOUS ( @ShanesPlanet this is dedicated to you)...  S18 WAS SHIPPED ON THE 18TH...IT'S ARRIVING!

Congrats on both the S18 and Covid shot!

Mr. @ShanesPlanetwill be thrilled when your S18 arrives. He love’s that wheel. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I bet those sounds are part of your 'music' library. My new device played those too. I had to change where my device looked for music and not let it go into the euc folder.

@ShanesPlanet how the heck do I do that? I'm playing Spotify and, to skip a track of listen to the same track again, I just press the forward, backward arrow on the music screen of the smartwatch and the bloody sound goes to the Harley!!! It even goes to the Harley when I simply pause the music to talk to someone in the street. 😒😒😒😒

I am a LONG way from being any good with this crap. But, I am full of bad ideas... Im fighting my new galaxy even as we speak.  I dont use online/streaming stuff. I plug my device into my computer and put ALL my albums in mp3, into a music folder on my driod. I noticed an eucw folder in there too. The brute force method would be to simply delete all the sound/avas files in the eucw folder. You MAY have a setting that allows you to 'skip' the eucw folder when your device plays music. I truly do apoogize, I don't want to seem like I know much at all about it. It just seems to me like perhaps your device is playing from the eucw folder as well as others. Perhaps you have a music library setting in there? I wish I could be more help, but Im running out of hairs to tear out, with just trying to keep the THREE SIMPLE APPS I run, working on mine. Seriously, I use ONLY music/eucw/Nova launcher and an 'always visible volume button'. The rest of the crap these device do, can just get bent as far as I'm concerned. Damn camera always watching, google tracking and mics listening. Sickens me tbh.:barf:

What, you mean it seems like I'm a broken record about my opinions of the s18 I owned? Yeah, I tend to be like that. Sadly for you guys, THIS is where I bitch and moan, as my wife cant hardly even pretend to care anymore... I do hope everyone else has MUCH better luck, as your money is just as valuable as mine, and noone deserves to feel like they've been lied to and cheated out of the benjamins...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

You da Man!! :thumbup:  .......... Maybe you can teach me! 

Watch out for those great songs, They tend to increase skills ..... or pain. 

Someimes it goes like this...  

I don't need worry , Im just going for a nice slow ride. Wait, whats this? Megadeath? (2 minutes later)Why do I keep hearing the wheel beep and now I seem to be REALLY far from home and NOT going slowly? Screw it, may as well ride until the album plays thru....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Thanks for the credits/mentioned on you list of people.

However you did all the work to learn this skill of riding EUC.

I hope your recovery is going great. From personal experience I can say my 2 hard crashes was a good thing. It thought me respekt of speed and what I am doing when riding. 

I am scheduled to get my first covid-19 vacin shot on the 27th. Something I am looking forward to. If weather holds as predicted I am taking the wheel there. 

I finally get my mc pants back from service so as soon the rain stops this week I am going out to ride more once again.

Nice to see you posting again. We both started riding and posting around the same time and you not posting for a while was staring to raise concern.

Congratulations on your S18, I'm sure you are going to love it over the V11. Dialing in the suspension will be the tricky part but once you have it set for your weight your are going to love your ride.

I just ended up spending over $175 for parts as my inner shells, handle, trolley tubes, and back panel completely got destroyed as it went tumbling down a steep single track. I clipped the side of the wall and it rolled for about 25 feet before coming to a stop. I thought it would never stop! Pieces of plastic went flying everywhere! I wish I had video footage but the drone I was struggling with while riding said trail, managed to cut recording just before the crash. I was more upset at not getting footage of it than the damage to my wheel. :furious:

Anyway, so glad to hear you and the misses are in good health and also the improvements in your riding skills. 

P.S. 

Could it be possible that you have button press assigned to the Harley sound? Your action of skipping tracks may be triggering the assigned action? Just a thought.

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

Thanks for the credits/mentioned on you list of people.

However you did all the work to learn this skill of riding EUC.

I hope your recovery is going great. From personal experience I can say my 2 hard crashes was a good thing. It thought me respekt of speed and what I am doing when riding. 

I am scheduled to get my first covid-19 vacin shot on the 27th. Something I am looking forward to. If weather holds as predicted I am taking the wheel there. 

I finally get my mc pants back from service so as soon the rain stops this week I am going out to ride more once again.

@Unventor the one big lesson I took from my latest described crash was the following: never blindly trust the ground you're riding on!!!

5 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

Nice to see you posting again. We both started riding and posting around the same time and you not posting for a while was staring to raise concern.

Congratulations on your S18, I'm sure you are going to love it over the V11. Dialing in the suspension will be the tricky part but once you have it set for your weight your are going to love your ride.

I just ended up spending over $175 for parts as my inner shells, handle, trolley tubes, and back panel completely got destroyed as it went tumbling down a steep single track. I clipped the side of the wall and it rolled for about 25 feet before coming to a stop. I thought it would never stop! Pieces of plastic went flying everywhere! I wish I had video footage but the drone I was struggling with while riding said trail, managed to cut recording just before the crash. I was more upset at not getting footage of it than the damage to my wheel. :furious:

Anyway, so glad to hear you and the misses are in good health and also the improvements in your riding skills. 

P.S. 

Could it be possible that you have button press assigned to the Harley sound? Your action of skipping tracks may be triggering the assigned action? Just a thought.

@5Cauac I actually am very impressed with the huge crash you had!!! Man, that must have been something!!!

As for the Harley sound, I have it completely off on all EUC World options. I still have to figure that one out 😏😏😏😏

Well If that impressed you, take a look at the trail I was attempting.

I actually rode it twice, the first time without cameras to see what I was getting into and did surprisingly well. There are three sections were the track is just wide enough for the pedals. These sections are taken with extreme caution and at crawling speeds but managed to clip every time. There is also a steep angled berm my tire just couldn't grip. The second time was a disaster. I was holding my phone and drone remote in one hand while trying to listen for the drone to determine if it is still following all while concentrating on not clipping any walls and controlling down hill speeds. Clipped twice. The first was not bad. The wheel just laid on it's side and spun around a few time. The second clip was the fatal one.

Here is a vid of a pro MTB'er flying down the same trail.

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Well If that impressed you, take a look at the trail I was attempting.

I actually rode it twice, the first time without cameras to see what I was getting into and did surprisingly well. There are three sections were the track is just wide enough for the pedals. These sections are taken with extreme caution and at crawling speeds but managed to clip every time. There is also a steep angled berm my tire just couldn't grip. The second time was a disaster. I was holding my phone and drone remote in one hand while trying to listen for the drone to determine if it is still following all while concentrating on not clipping any walls and controlling down hill speeds. Clipped twice. The first was not bad. The wheel just laid on it's side and spun around a few time. The second clip was the fatal one.

Here is a vid of a pro MTB'er flying down the same trail.

So... you're riding this trail on a EUC?! 

Please don't thanks this the wrong way... YOU'RE COMPLETELY NUTS!!!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

I got the shivers watching this video and imagining doing it on my KS. Right now I'm just hoping @ShanesPlanet doesn't see it too... he's the kind of guy that would just luv to do this lunacy too!!! 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

YOU'RE COMPLETELY NUTS!!!!

:D That's what I told my self once I was actually there and realized how steep the drops were. The first drop at the start alone had me staring at it for a good long minute before I decided just to go for it. 

I'll try to post what little footage my drone happen to get when it did track me. It shows the first of the two pedal clips and wheel spin out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

@5Cauac I actually am very impressed with the huge crash you had!!! Man, that must have been something!!!

As for the Harley sound, I have it completely off on all EUC World options. I still have to figure that one out 😏😏😏😏

I am not sure if this made into the live version yet. But if not it is coming. (Since I am part of EUC World Team, I am used beta version to test upcoming features for Seba).But you might find a send a report inside the EUC Word app. That collect your setting from the App. Maybe Seba can see what is causing this. I am not sure it can connect any settings for outside the App on the device. In the report try to describe you problem and what you want to happen instead.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

:D That's what I told my self once I was actually there and realized how steep the drops were. The first drop at the start alone had me staring at it for a good long minute before I decided just to go for it. 

I'll try to post what little footage my drone happen to get when it did track me. It shows the first of the two pedal clips and wheel spin out. 

Video posted in the video thread:

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 1